Finally a decent restaurant/brasserie in Leuven. It opened in November 2012 so it's still quite unknown for the bigger crowd, but make no mistake, on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening, the place is packed, so reservations are in order.
What about the place?
Okay, it looks from the outside as an old café, and it was, but on the inside you have a modern styled restaurant without all the fuss. The chef welcomes you from his open plan kitchen when you walk through the door for me this states that this restaurant has nothing to hide.
What about the food?
There is the main menu with some classical dishes on there, but always with an interesting twist behind it, I have already discovered some of them, but as they also have suggestions that change very often, the choice is sometimes hard to make. But as there is one thing that I can assure you, it's always nice. I've eaten here with friends, family and customers, and they all were very satisfied after a lunch, afternoon bite or dinner in the Absolut. And if you have a special request the chef is cooking at an arm-length of your table, so you can walk up and discuss everything with him.
What about the service?
Simply clever , the service is personal and very good, she has an eye for the table and keeps you happy all the time.
Minors?Yes there are
- parking is a bit difficult, but give them a ring, and they will help you out!!
- it's not a brasserie, it's a nice restaurant with brasserie prices (okay this is not a minor)
Are there footnotes?
- try the Absolut-coffee! You will forget about the Irish coffee
- don't drink the Wolf 8 during lunch, it will avoid sleepiness in the afternoon
- If you have the burger, take only a starter or a dessert, both are tempting but very hard to work through.
- when will the weather clear so we can enjoy the spectacular outside seating?
Go and find out yourself
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.