We stayed here for two days. We arrived on a Friday (late) afternoon and checked out Sunday 12.00.
The first thing to consider is parking. The parking area below the hotel is small, cramped, and bound to be full if you check in late. Fortunately, parking in Leuven is relatively cheap and there are a number of bigger parking areas in the vicinity. We chose Minckelersparking (10 minute walk), which is about 15 euro per 24 hours. (Novotel suggests "de Bonte" near the train station.)
Next thing on the list is breakfast; 20 euro per person seems to be quite common in Leuven. In short, it's an outrage.
Room size: we booked a 4p room (2 adult and 2 children). In theory, it would be possible for four people to sleep in this room. However, there would be absolutely no floor space left to speak of.
Novotel advertises with "Kids staying for free", so no floor space is the accepted downside for this service.
Noise: Despite the fact there's a Stella Artois factory across the road, and a train station nearby, there is no noise pollution at all other than the occasional train whistle. The hotel is currently in scaffolds for some facade renovations taking place until december 2013, but this doen't cause any inconvenience.
Mattresses/bedding: Comfortable, for some people perhaps on the soft side. Bedding thick and (too) warm.
Location: 5-10 minute walk to the center/train station. Direct vicinity/view is not photogenic.
Will I stay here again? Probably not.
Next time we visit, we'll most likely choose an hotel nearer to the centre with breakfast included (see tip).
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Leuven Centrum Hotel Leuven
- Novotel Leuven Centrum Hotel
- Novotel Leuven
- Leuven Novotel
- Accor Leuven Centrum
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern and trendy hotel is the perfect base from which to discover the historical centre of Leuven and the surrounding area.From this convenient location you can easily visit many old treasures, such as the famous 15th century Town Hall, built in a Gothic architectural style. Take advantage of the main train station and the highway in the vicinity to explore the wide and green surroundings of this art city. Back in the hotel, you can work up a sweat in the fitness room and afterwards enjoy a drink in our bar or have something to eat in our Foodsquare restaurant. The bustling nightlife is just a stone’s throw from the hotel , but if you prefer to relax, you can indulge in a relaxing steam bath or you can retreat in your spacious, comfortable and stylishly decorated ‘Next’ room. All the ‘Next’ rooms, according to the new novotel concept, are non smoking and are provided with free WIFI and coffee and tea facilities. Up to 2 children (15 years and under) stay free when sharing with parents.The Novotel Leuven is also the ideal place for your business trips. It is close to major road networks and the train station, and has six meeting rooms accommodating 200 people for seminars or conferences . A stay in the historic and lively city of Leuven is always a pleasure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Novotel Leuven Centrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.