“Great restaurant for ribs !” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue, Belgian, Dutch
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Carmel, California
“Great restaurant for ribs !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my 4th visit to a " Amadeus Restaurant "
The first three were in Brussels where I posted " Best Ribs I have ever had "
Ghent was good but I found the ribs a little dry and tough . Maybe just a bad night ?
I had 2.5 racks and they were all that way .
Fantastic atmosphere ! and service !

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere, excellent food and beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had a very good meal here - though we didn't opt for the as much as you can eat ribs. Frieds had the local speciality - waterzooi, whereas two of us had the grilled prawns, which were succulent and delicious.

Funky olde-worldy surroundings and a lovely warm atmosphere.

Visited March 2014
Leimuiden, The Netherlands
“lacking in flavor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We pre booked as we had heard quite a lot of good things, and it was a busy weekend.
The inside was quite unusual, the ceiling quite amazing, with glass stained window effects.
We had the all you can eat ribs, 18.99, with starter choice of tomato soup (tasted tinned) and Greek salad, although nothing Greek about it- lettuce, cucumber, and white cabbage in mayonnaise.
The wine was costed by the CM, and a bottle was open on the table to help yourself (nice touch)
The ribs came, one large rack each, and a large jacket potato with a curry mayonnaise poured over - it did not state anywhere on menu that this would be the case
I would have preferred it plain and been offered choice of topping-
The ribs were brushed with a black liquid, and they tasted boiled.
More ribs were offered, which looked better than my first lot, and yes these tasted oven backed and where much more like the real thing.
If your never had ribs and have no expectations, for the view of the inside and the atmosphere go, but if your going for good ribs, go elsewhere!

Both Reenes and Einsteins our local rib houses have far superior ribs, at a cheaper rate, plenty of them, (ie a challenge to finish them all) and they are superb

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Nice Atmosphere, Fair Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went as a couple on one of the last nights of our stay in ghent. We were looking for somewhere fun, with decent food and a fair price. Amadeus achieved all three of these. The meal was quite basic, but I was in the mood for ribs so it filled me up qwuite nicely and tasted good. The ribs weren't the best I've ever had, but they were meaty and cooked nicely. They weren't saucy ribs like I am used to in Canada, but dry. I can;t recall the exact cost but it was about 60 Euro for 2 people (all you can eat ribs), and a good ammount of wine. They have their house wine on the table, and guesstimate how much you have drank. I think we were actually under charged for the wine.

The decor is quite nice, and feels out of the 1920's or 30's. I really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Service was great, no complaints at all!

The menu is limited basically to ribs. Its worth a go if you're in the mood for ribs, and looking for a interestingly decorated restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“Fantastic ribs and jacket spud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We found this place while walking around Ghent City centre.
We walked in with no reservation and the place was packed but the waiter found us a table with no fuss at all.
We both ordered the all you can eat ribs which came with a large jacket potato with a spicy mayonnaise .Once we had finished the waiter brought more ribs if we wanted them and my wife duly obliged.
The wine came in 1.5 litre bottles and they charged you for how much you had drank which was great as we could not have finished the whole bottle.
Great service, atmosphere, food and surroundings

Visited February 2014