“Tasty meaty ribs” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Gloucestershire UK
“Tasty meaty ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Definitely worth a visit. They do try and cram as many people as they can in, very cosy with diners on tables either side of you. The ribs were delicious, very lean and tasty. Waiters offering seconds of potatoes and ribs. Great atmosphere. Would certainly eat here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Catania, Italy
“Skip this”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Nice place, decent food but very bad service, and it's a pity, because it could be a very cozy spot to come back to over and over, but I definitely left the restaurant with the firm decision not to step in it anymore in my future visits to Ghent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Derby, United Kingdom
“If you like ribs you will love Amadeus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We just has a fabulous, and very tasty meal of ribs at Amadeus. The staff are so friendly and the atmosphere is perfect for couple, ( that was us) , families or even parties, just a great evening out. Thank you

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Galway, Ireland
“Great food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went to Amadeus twice during my recent visit for a conference. Once with a friend, where we had an exceptionally long wait for menus, then to have our order taken and then drinks/food to be brought to us. I'm from Ireland, so I'm used to slow service, this was SLOW!! Don't think we would have minded so much but it was a really warm day and the place was boiling so a drink would have kept us happy while waiting!

Second visit was for a large company dinner. Still slow service but completely different as we were part of this big group. We had the same server as our first visit, Devin, lovely chap. Got talking with him and he made sure we had drinks and food for the evening. Just be warned that the water costs 6 euro a bottle. Dev explained to us that they have a very efficient water cleansing system that they paid quite a lot for!!!

The ribs are good and they are all you can eat. Served with a baked potato that's loaded with a garlic and herb butter that would make you lick the plate! And a salad, dressing was nice enough. They have plenty of different local beers, great for the beer enthusiast.

I'd recommend it but be prepared to wait and try to avoid sitting in the small room to the left. Try to get further into the restaurant. Funky decor with a 'library' room!

Visited September 2013
Cologne, Germany
“Nice Atmosphere, Nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went there on a thursday night, heard about the place by recommendation of a co-worker (I am a foreigner, working in Ghent during the week for a long term project), The place neither crowded nor empty, and offered a nice and cosy alternative to the pelting rain outside. The decoration is beautiful in 1920ies style, visual as well as acoustical. The waitresses and waiters were very polite and attentive. I ordered the local specialty, ribs a volante (spare ribs, all you can eat) and I was served a plate with nicely grilled spare ribs in a tasy barbecure sauce, a baked potato and salat. From time to time one of the waiters asked if I still wanted another potato or some ribs and brought everything quickly. The price was more than fair and I am sure I this was not my last visit. However, something tells me to avoid the place at weekends or major holidays.

Visited September 2013