“Charming Budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ghent
Hotel Trianon I
Save Saved
You added Hotel Trianon I to your Saves list
St-Denijslaan 203, Ghent 9000, Belgium   |
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Ghent
A TripAdvisor Member
“Charming Budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2005

My sister and I stayed at this hotel on our way to France. We had a lovely
room with poster bed and was served breakfast in our room early in the morning before we left by train. It is centrally located, walking distance from the train station. I shall definitely stay here again if I am in Gent.

• Stayed May 2005

Families
Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2004

All I really need to say is that after our return we are planning our next trip to the same hotel.
(Out of five *****)

Clean ****
Hospitality *****
Rooms ************ Beautiful, ask when making the reservation if you want the four posted bed and Jacuzzi.
Breakfast **** Typical continental with addition of bacon and eggs, also, breads, jams, honey, cereal, yogurt, cheese, hams, boiled eggs.
Location********
Now you can take location which ever way you want.
1 - Bad Location, it is on a main road, although it was never ever a constant flow of traffic, windows double glazed, not a problem to us. It is alos adjacent to the train station, but it is not a major noise factor, you may hear the occasional horn, but that was it. Over the three days probably heard 3 "paps".
2 Good Location - It is 2 mins walk to the station, where you can get a very cheap train to all the surrounding towns and city’s - We travelled into Lille in France, it was an excellent service. As you may expect from the station you can either get the bus or Tram into the town centre. We used to catch the Tram into the centre on a night for 1euro each, and catch the last tram out, at 12:03am, and if you miss that a Taxi cost us 7 euros.
WiFi-***** This is an excellent service, and all free. We gave all the people back home an electronic postcard and update each day.
Comfort- ***** We both want one of the beds, I do not know if it is because we didn’t get in until late, or whether they really were that comfortably.

As stated above, we shall return. And should the hotel read this, keep up the good work. And all this for 77 euros…….

Huntingtown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2004

My husband and I stayed one night in Trianon I, which was recommended by the Berlitz guide to Bruges and Ghent. The price was right (about 60 euros for one night, including free parking and breakfast). The only drawback was that it was not anywhere near the tourist attractions. It is, however, just a 2 minute walk to St. Pieter's train station, where you can catch a tram that will take you into town. The problem with that, however, is that you can hear the trains from your room (but at least the trains are relatively quiet).We were greeted warmly at the reception area. The employees there are able to speak at least English aside from Flemish, so communications with them were not a problem.The room was comfortable and attractively furnished, even if the bedspread was a bit threadbare. Their website shows canopied beds, but not all rooms have them (ours didn't, and that was one of the things that attracted me to the hotel). (Note: their sister hotel, Trianon II, which is right around the corner, claims to have jacuzzi baths in their rooms, but if you book there, make sure to check that there will be one in your room...it is more expensive than Trianon I also).The staff brings breakfast to your room in the morning, which is a nice touch. Although don't expect much - our breakfast consisted of a couple of rolls a piece with various spreads, a couple slices of cheese, and a carafe of hot cocoa (although you can get tea or coffee instead).Overall, I think I would stay there again. I don't have particularly high standards when it comes to hotels. If you're just looking for a clean place to stay where the service is good and you don't have to pay too much, then this is the place for you. Just make sure not to get ripped off when you ride the tram!

Been to Hotel Trianon I? Share your experiences!