Stayed here for 1 night with my family (my partner & my 4month old baby).
Hours before I check-in I called them to confirm my booking from Bruge. I asked the Reception for a bigger room and I offer them to pay extra for that request coz I haven't tried to stay in Ibis & Im trying to anticipate the worst case scenario because I've got my baby with me. Apparently upon check-in, the lady (Icelandic Name) blocked a family room for us and assist us politely.
The room that was given to us was spacious, 1 queen size bed & 1 single bed. The bath tub was biggest the surprise coz Im expecting for just a toilet & shower for Ibis. The room was clean and spotless.
During evening, my baby made a mess on our bed, I called the Reception to replace our bedsheet. Within 15minutes the lady in the Reception (Icelandic) plus the Filipina Lady from the Bar went to our room and fix our bed. I was shocked and surprised on the service they're rendering eventhough Ibis is classified as Budget Hotel. Their dedication is natural and I felt Im at home. Staffs are helpful & cheerful. Free Wi-Fi is additional advantage & the selections of Channel from the TV - so happy that there're English Channels plus we managed to check out at 2pm next day.
This property is in the middle of Gent and nearby to everything.
The hotel for me is perfect but Gent is a bit inconvenient for me. Restaurants got their time for serving food not like all-day. Shops like convenience stores closed by 6pm and it's hardly to find one just for basic stuffs. Few Souvenirs shops to buy magnets, figurines etc...
But all in all, I enjoyed Gent than Bruge due to my personal taste.
Again, hats-off to Ibis Gent St. Bavo's Cathedral most especially to the staffs who attended us. Job well done guys.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Gent Centrum Kathedraal Hotel
- Ibis Gent Centrum Kathedraal Hotel Ghent
- Ibis Hotel Ghent
- Accor Gent Centrum Kathedraal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Gent Centrum Kathedraal hotel is located in the historic and commercial centre of Ghent, facing the cathedral, right next to historic monuments (museum, abbey, castle) and a few kilometres from the Exhibition Centre and the Convention Centre. Ideal for business and tourist stays, the hotel has 120 rooms with free WiFi internet access including three rooms for guests with limited mobility. The hotel also features a 24 hour bar. Pets welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Otel and Venere so you can book your Ibis Gent Centrum St-Baafs Kathedraal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.