The Novotel in Ghent is a great place to stay in the heart of Ghent. Its not for those on a budget - although we managed to get a reasonable rate for the time we were there however drinks, dinner and breakfast are very expensive. Breakfast is 18 euros per person but children under 16 eat free. Dinner is also quite expensive and as we arrived on New Years Eve all the local restaurants were completely booked out so we were forced to eat in the hotel. The food was lovely but we did pay the price. Staff couldn't make a recommendation of a restaurant with local food however they were able to provide a map and show the best areas to see in Ghent.
We were lucky enough to be in town for Ghent's inaugural NYE fire works display and it was a fantastic display and well worth standing out in the freezing temperatures for. The hotel staff told us where the fireworks were taking place.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Gent Centrum Hotel
- Novotel Gent Centrum Hotel Ghent
- Novotel Hotel Ghent
- Novotel Ghent
- Ghent Novotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Gent Centrum is located in the historic centre of Ghent, close to the tourist attractions and shops. In a modern setting with timeless decor, the hotel features 117 rooms. The bar and restaurant boast a diverse menu in a stylish, warm environment. Depending on the weather, you may choose to dine on the verandah or next to the pool in the terraced garden. This 3 star hotel is perfect for a holiday in Ghent, be it for a weekend or for short stay with your partner or family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Novotel Gent Centrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.