“A wonderful place with all the extra touches” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Su'ro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ghent
Su'ro
You added Su'ro to your Saves list
Vlierstraat 57, Ghent 9000, Belgium   |
Ranked #4 of 112 Ghent B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A wonderful place with all the extra touches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Awhile since we stayed there, but wanted to come back on here and say how much we enjoyed our stay at Suro. Kris looked after us very well, even showed us a place to get the most delicious chips in town one evening as he happened to be going in same time as us. The room was not huge, but very adequate, comfortable and lots of extra touches such as coifee machine. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Last October I stayed with two friends in Ghent for a weekend and, I have to say, it's the best B&B I've ever been to! The place is very well situated. It is at walk distance from the train station and the centre of the city aswell. Besides, Kris gave us some maps and explained to us very clearly how to go to different places in town.

The room was amazing as well. Really, the first time I entered it, I couldn't believe how beautiful, clean, modern and perfectly suited it was. Comfortable beds, huge shower, hair dryer, shampoo and bath gel, TV, loud speakers, etc.

Last but not least, one of the best qualities of Su'ro was, of course, Kris' generosity. He made us feel at home since the moment we got there. He made us breaksfast -toasts, pastry, coffee, tea, chocolate... anything you want, he has- and talked to us about Ghent, Belgium, and loads more. It was absolutely perfect, and I don't doubt a bit about going back there next time I go to Ghent.

I truly and honestly recommend Su'ro if you are looking for a nice, cozy, clean, familiar and cheap place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Everything about our stay at Su'ro guesthouse was perfect. The house is newly renovated to a very high standard, the room was comfortable and had everything we could ask for (hair dryer, straighteners, toiletries, coffee making facilities, ipod speakers and a very well-received chocolate on the pillow) and the made to order breakfast was absolutely delicious. Last but not least Kris was a fantastic host and really went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed! We learnt a lot about Ghent and Belgium through talking to him and he made sure we had all the maps and information we needed to properly explore the city.

Thank you for the warm welcome, Kris! We hope to return again soon!
Marianne and Felipe

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The room and the owner "Kris" are both excellent! The room is clean and comfortable, the rate is good, not too far away from the train station, breakfast is rich, Kris is kind, helpful and generous, cause of Su'ro we had a great time in Gent!
房間很乾淨,早餐很豐盛,價格很合理,老闆人很好,很親切,博學多文又風趣,和老闆克里斯一起享用民宿的早餐,非常愉快!此次的旅程,留下美好回憶!離車站又不會太遠,我們推薦給想根特玩的人〜

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I highly recommend the Su'ro.

If you are looking for a kind host who is generous with his time, clean rooms, and delicious breakfasts, then you will be very happy at the Su'ro. Kris, the owner, really went out of his way to make my stay a pleasant one. He is passionate about Ghent and took the time to give me maps and brochures, as well as make recommendations on what to see/where to eat when I first arrived. I felt as if I had my own Ghent expert at my disposal!

I had the Sandra room on the topmost floor, which came with an in room shower, and a lovely view of the surroundings. As noted in other reviews, the private toilet for this room was one floor below, which I didn't find to be an issue. A safe is also available. Kris cleaned the room, and replenished coffee, tea, etc., daily - better service than some of the hotels I've stayed in!

Thank you, Kris, for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had a wonderful holiday in Ghent Belgium.We chose Ghent as our base and did day trips from here.
The Su'ro B and B is a brilliant place to stay and Kris the host couldn't have been more helpful. The bus stop is only minutes away and easy access to the centre of town, parking availiable one block over, (4min walk and 3 euro, if required).
The rooms were clean and well laid out, the breakfasts always ample and tasty.
While doing great day trips to Bruge, Westvletern (Sint Sixtus Abby for the beer), Passcendale, Lille etc, it's important not to miss the beauty in the old centre of Ghent.
Big thanks to Kris for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: The Sylvia room has a toilet, and less floors to climb. The Sandra room has a beautiful view, but to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We spent a night at suro with a friend, and we absolutely loved the place.

When we arrived, the host, Kris, was working at his bar (Bar Italiano, great ice cream there!!), so he left a note with the information we needed and a map to find him.
Once we got to Bar Italiano, he gave us precious information about what to do, where to eat and how to get everywhere in Ghent (bike, walking, buses...).

The room we booked, Sandra, was really clean and carefully prepared. There was even a hair drier, a straightening iron, make up remover, a coffee machine... It is suitable for friends, families or just individuals.

The place is 25 minutes away from the city center, but it's also possible to get there by bus (line 5). Kris provides you with bus tickets (you only pay if you use them) and maps of the city.

Kris asked us what time we wanted to have breakfast and he made it for us even though it was really early in the morning. We had breakfast with him, and everything was really, really good. Kris is the kindest host we have ever met, he takes care of every little detail.

As in many other places around Belgium and the Netherlands, you just have to be careful when going up the stairs! They are narrow and small.

Maybe during the summer I would recommend the guests to bring mosquito-repellent, especially if you like to sleep with the window open.

We will definitely come back to su'ro if we come back to Ghent!

Thank you Kris!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kris V, Owner at Su'ro, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear guests
Thank you for your kind review.
I do my best to give our guests a good service and good information about the city. I hope that in this way our guests can enjoy there stay from the first minute.
I hope to welcome you in the next future again in Ghent and at [Su'ro].
Kind regards
Kris

Been to Su'ro? Share your experiences!