“I won't make that mistake again!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Beauregard Hotel to your Saves list
Beauregard Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Baron de Moreau 1, Namur B-5000, Belgium   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Namur
“I won't make that mistake again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stay for one night to break up the drive from Italy to UK. Setting looked lovely in the photos. However you don't enter from the riverside, you drive round the back. The hotel is an after thought, make no mistake you are in a Casino. Our room was cheap and we certainly got what we paid for. Thank The Lord we didn't take the Kids. After hours reception is the casino desk, a bit daunting with three bouncers and cameras in your face as you check in. The room was small and dark facing a car park, but it wasn't noisy. Breakfast was ok the room was small so I guess they don't actually have many rooms in the hotel. All I can say is it didn't cost too much, I've seen it but won't stay again. We stopped in the Chateau de Namur the previous year for a similar price, I'll be going back there next year.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cephalonia, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The photograph of this Hotel - looked so good on the website. It took us ages to find the hotel - lots of traffic - we knew where we wanted to be but could not seem to get there. PHEW -- when we eventually got there !!!!!! IT WAS A CASINO --- Oh well when in rome do as the romans do. The lady on the hotel reception was very polite - she gave us a ticket for a free drink in the Casino, and our door key, with a voucher for breakfast. Room was nothing special. Decided to go downstairs and investigate the Casino, neither of us are "gamblers" but a free drink tempted us. Before we could go into the casino - we had to produce our passports !!!!!!!! and they took our photograph - This was not at all what we expected - We are "older people" - we like respect and a bit of chat. We will definitely not stay here again - Just not to our taste - Sorry

Room Tip: Oh so sorry - I feel that I cannot add a "tip" This was not our sort of hotel - !!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lyon, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Not my first time in Namur. I wanted to change hotels as I found the management and staff at "Les Tanneurs" of Namur extremely rude (even if their hotel is very pretty!).

Anyhow, I stayed here and found it HORRIBLE! Entry through the back of the hotel...smells EVERYWHERE...the shower curtain was yellow and the room REALLY humid.

Horrible hotel! Definitely wouldn't stay there again.

Oh yeah, and the pillows were super hard too! Only good thing was that the wifi connection was fast in the room but THAT WAS IT! Yuck !

Room Tip: Change hotels!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Needham Market, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Where do I begin? My husband and I stayed for an overnight stop on our way back home. The entrance to the hotel is no longer on the main street as depicted in the photos but instead, in the back with the casino entrance. The casino and hotel are partitioned off so you can't actually see into the casino until you enter the casino seperately. The actual walk up to reception was quite nice as you came up a set of marble steps up to the reception area. The staff were ok, but didn't acknowledge us right away. When we finally got our key (yep, no key cards still using actual keys) we made our way to the room through the maze of hallways to come into the blue hallway (in photos) to our room. When we got into the room, we were definitely shocked by the look of it. There was nothing whatsoever on the walls and the lock was a simple push lock with no deadbolt or chain for extra security should you desire it. We were told by reception that we were entitled to a free welcome drink in the hotel bar, which, is in the casino. I won't go into details for that but you need to have a pass from the desk right next to the hotel entrance to even get into the casino for your free drink. Breakfast the next day was below par and we couldn't wait to get out of there. I've uploaded some photos, but would not recommend that anybody stay at this hotel unless absolutely necessary.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, try to get a room off the ground floor as even though the view was good fr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place was just "meh." The rooms were really hot and uncomfortable when we were there. The rooms are a good size, but not the cleanest I've seen. The beds were fairly comfortable. The biggest downfalls are the clientele - loud, obnoxious - and the staff's attitude I think reflected that. The staff was not exactly helpful - getting Wifi was a pain, asking for anything seemed like such a chore, etc. If you're into casinos or loud groups, this is your place. Otherwise, I suggest staying elsewhere.

Oh - and the dinner at the restaurant was by far the WORST I experienced in Belgium. The buffet had a very limited selection, and the choices were cold, measly, and just not-appealing. Would NOT suggest eating there! The breakfast, however, was delicious.

Room Tip: Find out if there are any groups staying - and suggest being put AWAY from the groups!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kent, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have just returned from the hotel (9th Sept) having stayed there for 3 nights and was glad that I ignored the reviews. The entrance is no longer via the casino, which is clearly mentioned on the website, and there is adequate free parking on the roads adjacent to the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and could not be faulted in any way; the breakfast was excellent. The room was large and clean: my only complaint being that the shower curtain appeared never to have been cleaned and the toilet itself was stained buit overall the rom was clean, tidy and totally adequate. I would not hesitate the stay there again or to reccomend the hotel to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: Try to get a roome overlooking the river
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here beacause we played a poker tourney at the casino.
The Hotel is everything but clean, especially the bathroom
with a non prperly working shower.
The lights are dimmed everywhere, I guess so thay you dont get the whole situation.
Sound from outside is not
blocked by the marginal windows.
The only good thing I can add is the perfect location near the city center an directly next to the citadelle.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Beauregard Hotel? Share your experiences!