“preaty good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Leo At Home

You added Hotel Leo At Home to your Saves list
Hotel Leo At Home
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4-6 Rue du Vivier | Place Mc Auliffe, Bastogne 6600, Belgium   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Bastogne
Tring, United Kingdom
“preaty good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed for a few days hear thought it was preaty good value .Rooms were kept very clean only 1 grumble is not a proper full shower.Met the owner who was a very nice chap nothing to much for him and food in the copy train coach a bit dear but very good

Room Tip: rooms on the side
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
wagonLeo, Propriétaire at Hotel Leo At Home, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank for your commentary we will take in consideration
Thank you for your support.
Gregory

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Really great hotel. Perfect location for downtown Bastogne, spacious room, friendly receptionist who was happy to work with my limited French and speak English. Great value for the cost. Mineral water and chocolates in the room were nice touches. Plus, there were wash cloths, which is a rarity for a European hotel. An excellent choice for your Bastogne vacation!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Booked due to our continuing tour of Belgium, seemed quite favourable after the reviews on Trip Advisor. As mentioned previously mentioned in other reviews there are a number of Hotel Leo’s in the street, we were booked into Leo at Home which is several doors up from the ‘Carriage Restaurant.’ Checking in is a strange experience, you ring the bell on an intercom, after a brief Aberdonian / Frenglish exchange a man appeared with an apron on to check us in, he quickly showed us to our room on the 1st floor. The room at first glance was very spacious with a view of the main square and street; bathroom was also large and appeared to be newly refurbished. I expected some noise from the traffic in the morning but the double glazing served its purpose. Breakfast was quite good and had a decent selection, continental style. We managed to get parked for free around the back of the carriage restaurant. All things considered a very nice place to stay and was perfectly acceptable for our requirements.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We used this as a base, while touring the battlefields of the Ardenne. At first we thought we had chosen wrongly, as when we looked at the hotel exterior it didn't look the part. It turns out though that the people who own it, have a couple of hotels on the street. We stopped in the second hotel and were presently surprised. We booked 4 rooms, all were a good size, comfortable beds, modern and extremely clean. Overall an excellent hotel, which I would stay in again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your support.
Gregory
Hotel Léo
Port Moody, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in the annex just out of town for 4 nights. Very convenient to battle sites, memorials etc. From here we visited battle sites and cemeteries in Luxembourg and the Ardennes and as far as Spa Forcanchamps, site of the Belgian Grand Prix. Not only convenient, but wonderful European style breakfasts including Champagne. Best included breakfast buffet ever and that includes a lot of countries

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Sutton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Second time we've stayed here with a room overlooking the square, quite happy to watch the world go by and the rain.
Room and beds comfortable, heating worked so we could dry our gear out...
Buffet breakfast in the morning with your room number on the table, yep they don't speak English but hey it's their country, few simple phrases will get you through.
Bathroom and shower clean and in good order...
10% of your meal in you eat in their restaurant, which is fantastic food... But not cheap! Well worth it..

Room Tip: 3 bikers so we asked for the large room at he front, but you don't get a lie in, the square gets...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I know from Trip Advisor there have been many people following my reviews for our 3 week WW2 trip in July. We went into Germany via Remagen , on to Nuremburg and Munich and decided to be a bit naff and come out thro' Band of Brothers Territory!!
1st of all I have to stick my hand up and say that I did not know what a "Boutique Hotel" was - my mistake!!! If you don't know what a "Boutique Hotel is - FGS check it out!!!
All of the hotels we had stayed at for the rest of our trip we got customer service and that's what we like, others may differ.
And to be fair - we had a ghastly trip up from Munich - if it was an autobahn - well it had road works!!! It WAS a rainy day which didn't help with driving BUT we phoned twice to let the hotel know what was happening and they were very pleasant over the phone. I was told by a receptionist that there was no problem!!! I had practised my French!!! MDH and I work on a basic theory that we learn the basics of a language e.g . please, thank you. we have a reservation etc!!!
On arriving in Bastogne - we didn't know there were more than one Leos. The one we found was the wrong one -on the speaker thingy they laughed at my "French" and then directed me to their "renowned" carriage restaurant! Should I mention it was POURING down with rain???
The square at Bastogne on that Friday night was very busy traffic wise, so I jumped out of the car to let MDH "circle! At The Leo I found, it took a lot of hard translating to get anyone to understand that we had a reservation, I was directed to the "fine dining" restaurant car (took a bit of work translating that over an entry phone!!!). On entering I could FEEL an atmosphere!!!! As a soggy, travelled, mess I entered what was a "high class" restaurant! Oh the embarrassment!!!!
A very "posh" waiter took me to the door of the Hotel Leo at Home and was pretty disappointed as I had no documentation BUT stupidly I had leapt out of the car on a busy rainy Friday night WITHOUT my documentation!!! - I think it took time out of his day for me to gather it from MDH (my dear husband) [circling in car - there was NOWHERE to park) and this was the only Hotel so far on our trip that asked for money up front!!!! Bit of a culture shock there!!!!Then there was the argument that I had not booked parking - I HAD - dates written down, names of people spoken to etc - stroppy Belgian waiter eventually accepted this. Then there was the issue of getting our car into the secure parking!!! Fortunately MDH on one of his circles came round just at the right time for SBW to jump into car - btw HE took the unmbrella leaving me to get wet!!! MDH had his first encounter with Belgian Waiter - I cannot repeat MDH's words. Stroppy Belgian Waiter came back to me with the umbrella leaving MDH a long way to haul suitcases in the wet. Well of course I didn't let MDH do that alone. We were left with secure parking, a LONG way from the Hotel Leo at Home in the rain (perhaps in summer I'd give a different review) - given a key in the secure parking and th hotel and basically left to get on with it!!!!!
Anyways as it was a touring holiday MDH and I had packed for a 2 night stay in Bastogne on leaving Munich so we didn't have too much to take in BUT no-one showed us where the lights for the stairs were ..... fortunately we always carry a torch and on the second floor those stairs are tortuous and dangerous without a light..... we figured them out on our last morning!! Well we took out what we planned we need and hauled them up 2 floors - no one offered to help with luggage!!!
The room itself was clean, as was the bathroom - it did however overlook the square (noisy) when I had requested a back room (quieter) but there was no one we could discuss this with!!
In the morning we went down to a continental breaky - MDH did not LIKE the dog that was allowed in the breakfast room and fed from plates - but that's a personal decision. Breakfast sorta appeared from no where and there were no staff to look after us.
If you want to be left alone and fend for yourself I can see a "Boutique Hotel" would work BUT we had questions etc and there was not a SINGLE member of staff available to help - perhaps if we had not booked a tour for the Saturday we could have taken this further - but we had - we let the hotel know where the recommendation came from but i can assure you we let that person know we WERE NOT HAPPY!.

Room Tip: You could try to ask for a room at the back - but it didn't work for us!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Leo At Home? Share your experiences!