“All in all, Perfect” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Liege
Northampton, United Kingdom
“All in all, Perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Mercure Liege Centre is in the heart of the city centre, which, on a Saturday night, seemed a bit weary wandering around on your own. The hotel is was clean, and the room is amazing. It was big, clean, bright and cosy. The staff were friendly and helpful in the brief time I spent with them. I did however get stuck in the lift, little did I know I had to use my room card to activate the lift and press the floor number. The breakfast was lovely. I stayed here for 1 night with Leger Holidays after a holiday in Austria.

It was a little noisy with the windows open though mind, but this wasn't too much of a big deal for me.

I would certainly recommend this place should anyone wish to stay somewhere in Liege.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
Folkestone, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend city break. The hotel has a great location on a main road within easy walking distance of most of the main attractions, and is on the edge of the Old Town with its churches, museums, shops and restaurants. There is a frequent bus service to the TGV station from just outside the hotel. My room was clean, comfortable and in great condition, and the buffet breakfast was superb. The tea / coffee making facilities in the room were great - something many Belgian hotels don't have. Another useful feature is that the rooms have UK-style 13-amp mains sockets!

Room Tip: If you want a decent view, ask for a room on the second floor facing the main street. Some back room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
fourneaus, Responsable réception at Mercure Liege Centre, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to write such positive remarks after your stay in Mercure Liège Centre Hotel!

We shared your comments with our team and hope welcoming you again in the near future!

Sarah Fourneau
Front Office Manager
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Hotel was clean
Reception efficient
Buffet breakfast - biggest choices of jam and spreads I have seen! And reguarly topped up.
Location really handy for exploring the best bits of the city (see Kay W review)

Room Tip: If you get a room ending in 03 you get a massive entrance lobby - so no tripping over suitcases!
Sandgate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a deal through work. I work in the travel industry and this was organised through our social club probably using discount corporate rates. As the whole weekend package was a bargain! Coach, ferry, hotel and excursion where included in the price I paid. This is why I marked value for money high. I do not know how much they normally charge normal guests.

The hotel while not looking like much on the outside is lovely on the inside. Set in the town (but nit right in the middle) It is only a 5-10 min walk to the shops, bars, restaurants and night life.

The staff all spoke English and where friendly and happy to point out sites of local interest on the map for us. (I would recommend a the Cathedral and the La Batte market on Sunday mornings)

We had a room on the first floor facing the street but the double glazing cut out all unwanted street noises. The decor was modern, attractive and comfortable. We requested a double room and where pleasantly surprised with what we got! The room was large enough to comfortably fit 2 smallish double beds, 2 bedside units, a deck, a coffee table and 2 chairs. There was built in wardrobe space with hangers (It would have been nice to have a could of draws though.) and a full en-suit with a bath/shower combo. The room also had plenty of space left to move around. The cleanness of the place what perfect. I could not fault it at all.

Tea and coffee facility's where provided in the room and where topped up on the second day by house keeping. The bathroom while having a shower gel dispenser attached next to the bath also came with a set of toiletries and had a hair dryer attached to the wall. Upon request we where provided with a full sized ironing board and iron for the duration of our stay.

The beds where more conformable than i expected in a hotel, no sagging mattresses ect but this is a matter of personal opinion.

The buffet style breakfast is served from 6am to 11am and topped up the whole time when needed. It gave you the option of having cooked breakfast with eggs, sausages bacon ect, or cold continental style with the breads cheeses and meats. There was a array of other stuff to choose from including breads, pastries, yougut, fresh fruit, fruit salad and cereal and more condiments than i could count such as jams, Marmalade, cheese spreads, Nutella ect and fresh orange juice, cofee and a range of teas to choose from.

It might have been nice to have slightly more choice with the cooked food and maybe a toaster on hand. Regardless of this there was more than enough to fill up on and it all tasted great!

The hotel check in and check out where very quick and smooth and we where able to leave our bags and suitcases in a safe room after check out on the Sunday giving us the opportunity to enjoy the market before our coach left.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend and if we are in the area again we would stay here ourselves again.

Folkestone, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel is situated on one of the main roads in Liege and near to a bus stop approx 50 meters.
My room was comfortable and looked down the Blvd de la Sauveniere. As a single person I was suprised at the size of the room, it is possible thic could be used as a double. Furniture included a single chair for relaxing and also a table and chair for working, TV attached to the wall, a number of chanels are available, of interest to British guests BBC 1 only. The en suite bathroom had a shower over the bath. Note there is no cupboard or drawers in the room but a rack is next to the bathroom for hanging of clothes.

Breakfast is served in a room adjacent to the bar area, as I did not eat in the hotel I am not sure if it was also used for evening meals. The bar also served snacks as well as beers and spirits. The ba man who took my order did not speak good English, when I asked for my drink order to be put on my room bill he had to get a colleague to do this. This rather suprised me for an international hotel group.

Reception area a good size, I was travelling with a group but there was no congestion at check in. Reception staff very helpful and multi lingual.

The hotel as I have said is situated on one of the main roads of Liege and is close to resturants if you wanted to eat out and also to the Opera house about a 5 minute walk and also the Cathedral about the same distance in a different direction.

Overall a good hotel for location and comfort. I cannot comment on room price as it was included in the cost of my trip. I was travelling with the social club of my former employers before retirement

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mercure Liege Centre? Share your experiences!