“Stylish and luxurious” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Liege
Israel
“Stylish and luxurious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've stayed in the hotel for only one night but can definitely say that it is a 5 stars hotel with high standards and worth any penny.
The rooms are beautiful with a lot of amenities such as bathrobes slippers and coffee machine.
The lobby is beautiful and the breakfast is rich.
The only thing that bothered me was the front desk clerk which was very rude and claimed at first that there aren't any rooms for 3 adults ("C'est ne pas possible!..." in his words) and 2 minutes later a miracle was happened and he found the reservation and didn't even apologize...
What a shame for him

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Arriving hot and bothered after a nightmare trip around town trying to find the hotel we eventually found the underground parking thanks to a friend who had got there earlier.We then had to struggle up a hill to the hotel which with two heavy cases was not fun.The 6 spaces in front of the hotel were occupied so we had no other option.Reception is on floor seven and my room was also on floor seven so you would expect an easy short walk ? Oh no in this hotel you have to take lift to floor six walk 60 yards and then take another lift up to the room on floor seven !!
The bar was struggling to serve our hot and thirsty group and we decided to have a hot bath before going out to dinner only to find that there was no hot water.We went out into the town for dinner which was just as well as four of our friends who dined in the hotel said they had a very poor meal.
If this is the number one hotel in Liege I hate to think what the rest are like.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liege, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear marcus c,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Utrecht
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel is beautifully located on a hill, with the reception on the top floor. It is a nice combination of an old building and a modern interior. From some of the rooms, you have a nice view, while others just have a view of a nearby wall. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. WiFi is good and free,
The drawback of this hotel are the expensive meals (incl. breakfast) and the difficulty to park. There is no dedicated parking, although there are a couple of places nearby.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I just left here after a 2 night work visit to Liège. Although I am travelling for work quite a bit now, I still think of staying in nice hotels as a novelty and hope to keep it that way. I definitely am in a different mindset when travelling for work as opposed to leisure. But I must say, even by my "work standards", I don't think I'll come stay here again even if it is a nice hotel that I can't fault too much.

The good things: nice and huge room, comfy bed (although the pillows are the big puffy ones that collapse under your neck for an uncomfortable sleep), my room window actually opened unlike many other hotels, very quiet, building in general quite nice, friendly and professional service, restaurant for dinner ok with ok prices, free fast internet with wifi.

Things I didn't like as much (and I am getting picky here): their credit card machine kept rejecting my card at check-in (I phoned by bank to check and they said it was a problem on their end, but they did make a compromise for me since I didn't want to use another card), breakfast is way overpriced (I was trying to check how much breakfast was before I went but they seem to hide that information everywhere, including their website. If I wasn't there for work, I definitely would have skipped the 21 Euro price tag for some bacon, fruit and a croissant), the pizza I had for room service looked and tasted like a budget frozen pizza and it cost 22 Euros.

What really mostly bothered me was how I felt among the crowd who frequent this hotel. Unlike other hotels where I have stayed, this one seemed to particularly have a lot more leisure (as opposed to business) visitors when I was there and it's just not the type of traveller or crowd I usually socialize with (although I probably looked like I could blend with this crowd if I wore my work clothes). Not that there is anything wrong with the people or their type of travel, but just as they would probably be uncomfortable staying in a hostel with a backpacking crowd, I am uncomfortable staying in a fancier hotel with a moneyed crowd. I am perhaps making assumptions, but when you see a parking lot full of Porsches and people dressed in designer clothes, it is the impression I got. It is strange that I particularly feel that way about this hotel since I have stayed in other "nice" hotels before, but never have I felt the discomfort being among guests like this. Maybe it was because it was surrounding me everywhere in the hotel. So in that case, I guess I am not the type of guest for a hotel like this.

I booked this quickly without really looking into it since I have stayed at a Crowne Plaza before. If I visit Liege again, I think I will look into it more and find a hotel where more business travellers come through and be among "my people" :P

Alfortville, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Apart from the nice design... a single visitor granted a double bed room is a very bad start. Gym and swimming pool are at an additional 15€ cost... well together with the spa but if you want to exercise or swim during a business trip, too bad for you (unless your company pays for such extras).
Room service: smoked salmon (two slices), green leaves salad and a bottle of water: 40€

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liege, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear matoux00,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Halle, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

In general this hotel offers you what any decent **** hotel can offer.

Valet parking takes care of the parking problem. Reception staff is friendly and efficient. Surpriselinly your are going down from the 7th floor entry level to the lower level rooms. Pitty there is no panoramic view.

We only stayed one night but found the room really comfortable: plenty of space, good beds, bath and shower, sufficient towels, airco, .... A pitty we had bath foam twice but no shampoo (detail)

We were less happy about the catering.

The hotel charges 21€ / person for breakfast. And our feeling is that you don't get value for money.
- Hot food includes scrambled eggs, bacon (VERY salty en not warm in my experience) and patatoes (no tomatoes, beans, ...)
- pancakes (if you are preprared to wait several minutes for it)
- fresh fruits are limited
- you can get some cheese and cold cuts

This implies you can get your breakfast pushing through the crowd queueing.

Another disapoinment was the bar: OK for a beer or a Leffe. But if you want a Grappa or a glass of descent wine, better go to the shop around the corner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

lovely hotel valet parking very pricey, breakfast very pricey, room lovely very clean, food excellent in brassiere good price, good location, staff at reception very helpful ........... was hoping for a massage in the spa but was fully booked up so best to ring asap when you arrive to check for availability....... great tavern just down the road called the point of view, food amazing

Room Tip: rooms in old part of hotel ..... .............. although lovely through out