“Trying too hard, so tacky” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Liege
Rye, United Kingdom
“Trying too hard, so tacky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great location and old dwellings. Unfortunately, the interior designer used distasteful materiel and lighting which turn is more into a Night Club than a high end residence.

Howe come this was allowed??

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Melle , Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed for 1 night during July 2013 and paid about half of the normal price due to a special action so you have to read the comments with this in mind.
This hotel situated rather close to the city center but be aware that when you come back from the city you have to do about 100 stairs. The reception is very friendly and does everything to help you. The standard rooms are spacious and very well equipped, the only disadvantage is that you look into a narrow street. The breakfast is what you can expect from a 5 star hotel. We had dinner in the brasserie 'O cocottes' and the food is very well prepared and tastefully. A negative point is that the service was very slow , probably because due to a lot of people. We had to wait for about 25 minutes when asking for the bill. Positive was that they excused themselves and offered a coffee or glass of wine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you are aBelgian of course all the things in this unpleasant hotel is very good, unfortunately I'm an Asian woman who happened to be married to a Canadian and was brought here in Liege for some business/ work.. I tagged along my 1 year old son. So.. I would say that perhaps Asian people are very welcoming when they have visitors, but sad to say that this people are not as welcoming as I felt. Worst is very few are speaking in English which makes me feel like I'm being ignored all the time. My husband and I were very upset with the management of this hotel. I have been to places where I can differentiate people with manners and especially particularly with hospitality when it comes to hotel.. Worst ever hotel I have been so far..

Room Tip: Get a room that's not over the padio coz it's very very noisy. there is a restaurant over t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liege, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Clairence,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and surpass the very high standards of service our guests expect.

We are very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We strive to make all of our guest feel at home away from home, and I sincerely apologize that we missed you feeling that in your stay with us.

Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fintas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have been traveling for many years and have stayed in many properties with the CrownPlaza logo and as such I expect the best from Crown Plaza but I have been repeatedly disappointed by the people running the show in Liege. For some reason the management of this property thinks they can rely on the name to get further business. I have been disappointed since my arrival ..... Time to redeem yourself Crown Plaza

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liege, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Fred_flintsone,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Excellent Crowne as usual, closest to city center, good room as booked, no free parking if you need it but exceptional concierge and valet parking (20 EUR). Staff very kind and nice and friendly. First experience in Liège so i can't compare but was nicely impressed.

• Stayed July 2013
Stavanger, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is vert good. It is not like a museum but it is very modern. Spent a lot no design and it works. Good breakfast, High end guests. Good quality in everything. I have travelled all over the world and enjoy working out at a fitness room. Trist hotel markeds fitnessroom. The only thing is that You have to par 15 Euros to do so. I had 2 rooms with my Wife and 2 children age 13 and 16 and we all wanted togotothe gym. But i Didn't want to pay 60 euros for us. You should add 10 euros To the room cost and make working out free.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

If someone ask me what I enjoyed most during my visit in Liege I'd definitely say - Crowne Plaza Hotel! Beautiful, old building, modern interior design, extremely friendly service and a great restaurant! I wish I could visit their spa, but had no time for that! I wish all 5 star hotel looked like Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Liege? Share your experiences!