“Great Atmosphere, Good Food, Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
“Great Atmosphere, Good Food, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Very Good Mexican foood in nice atmospheric surroundings

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Limours
“Excellent food but DO NOT ask for a rare steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have been coming to Hasselt on business every 2 weeks for the last 7 months and this was my 4th or 5th visit to the Café Latino

Until now, everything has been above average with the food being a little better than the service.

So, this evening was a real disappointment. I am rather difficult to please with the cooking of red meat. But I thought that things had been so good on previous visits that it was time to ask for a steak "bleu" (very rare or less cooked than saignant)

When I ordered, I insisted to the waitress that I live in France and am used to eating very rarely cooked meat. I was therefore really surprised when my meat arrived to find that my meat was more cooked than my colleagues that had asked for "medium"

The waitress waited until clearing the plates before bothering to ask if everything was OK

I politely replied that I have got past the stage where I send something back and consequently eat half an hour later than the rest of the group.

I would go back to this restaurant but only stick to the tapas and Spanish / Mexican dishes which I enjoyed on the first occasions

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Beautifully decorated, friendly service, food so-so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We loved the restaurant's interior! It really feels like your in Mexico or Cuba, with lots of colors and great decorations. I loved it. It's a big restaurant, lots of tables. There's an upstairs too, but it wasn't used when we were there. The toilet is situated upstairs though, very lovely too, worth a visit :)

However, we were less enthusiastic about the food. We had the veggie soft tacos. The plate looked good, but the food was not very tasty. It was rather bland, to be honest. And there was no sour cream served either and no salt/pepper on the tables.
The dessert was good though, we had a brownie cake, with ice-cream. There was lots of fruit on the plate, too, I liked it.

Service is fast and friendly. I do recommend going to Latino, but please try a different dish!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hasselt, Belgium
“Expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Café Latino charges a lot for what only can described as mediocre food & drinks.

As
“A perfect night out with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Very good Mexican food,good cocktails and prices are reasonable.
When you go there on a Friday or Saturday evening, you can stay afterwards and dance to the Latin music.
Make a reservation!!