“Best Italian in town...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 149 Restaurants in Hasselt
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Best Italian in town...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Arlecchino is situated in the city centre of Hasselt. Here you eat traditional Italian food. Also compliments for the extensive wine list.

A must go for over 25 years in Hasselt!

Visited March 2013

Belgium
“Good authentic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Service a bit stiff, but food very good. Wines are also excellent. This is a very popular resaurant. Another good point: it is open on Monday.

Visited March 2012
Belgium
“Best Italian restaurant of Hasselt!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

price/quality is this the best restaurant of Hasselt.
Everything is always fresh, good wines, good products.
More than 15 years that we go to this restaurant (+-1/month)
Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2012
Brussels, Belgium
“Good Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I called to make a reservation, but the restaurant wasn't open so I was forwarded to the voice mail. I could leave a message and would get a call back. And a few hours later my reservation was complete. Nice service!

The restaurant wasn't too crowded for a Saterday night. With our apéritif came 2 appetizers, both very good. I ordered the tagliatelle pesto with beans and scampi. My wife had a vegetarian dish. Both dishes were very good, portions sufficient. I wanted to try a dessert, but had more then enough with my main course. I really want to try their tiramisu, so I'll return to taste it.

This is not the cheapest Italian restaurant, but it is very good. The only thing that bothered me was that everything went a bit fast. I was still chewing my last bite and they were already cleaning my plate...

• Visited April 2012
Hasselt
“Too expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

This restaurant was recommended by some friends of mine. I was not impressed, however.
The menu ranges from pizza (quite cheap) over pastas (midprice) up to the finest cuts of beef (very expensive).
My steak was tasty (not the best I've ever had, but it was more than okay). However, it came with close to nothing aside: just a steak, some sauce, and one brocolli flower, one small part of a carrot, and one very small croquette filled with cheese (I am not sure about this to be honest, but it tasted just fine). The tiramisu (very small portions) I had afterwards was perfect, close to being the best I ever had.
So, was I dissattisfied? Not really. The food was great, though I would have appreciated some extras to go with my steak. I just feel like the food is overpriced. There are better finds in Hasselt.

• Visited December 2011