“Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Hasselt
Ramsel, Antwerpen, Belgium
“Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

One night hotel was a birthdaygift from my parents for my boyfriend and me. We had an amazing time up there. The people were nice, the hotelroom was beautiful and the food was delicious ! The rooms were very clean en quiet. We didn't really heared our neighbours. It was up to 200 meters from the shoppingstreet. The staff was very helpfull and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HIHASSELT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasselt, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guests
First of all a late HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Thank you for taking the time to write a report on your stay with us.
It is always nice to read that guests were satisfied with the service of our staff and the hotel itself and ofcourse liked the city of Hasselt.
Filip Caluwaert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brugge, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I did a mother/daughter weekend in Hasslet with my 4 year old little girl. This Hotel was really perfect and sooooo child friendly. Staff is also very friendly and helpful

Ideal location to discover Hasselt city for shopping and visitting.

If you are young and hip, this hoel is very near to the mega dancing VERSUS. So no driver needed, you can go lose :-)

Rooms are great and beds comfortable. You can even chose between soft or hard pillow.

For my little girl they used kids animation sheets on the bed. They surprised her with "Maya the bee" shower gel and a drinking cup with kids animation.

The swimming ppol was nice and we had lots of fun.

Restaurant buffet was good and breakfast was incredible. There is even a corner with toys for the little ones.

I will defenetly go there again; with kids :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIHASSELT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasselt, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest
thank you for taking the time to write about your esperiences during your stay with us.
It is always nice to read that guests were satisfied with the service of our staff and the hotel itself and enjoyed the city.
it is also great to read that your daughter enjoyed staying with us and liked the things we have to make children happy!
We appreciate it very much that you write to come back when visiting Hasselt again.We already look forward to welcoming you again!

Indiana, PA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This Holiday Inn was a nice small hotel, ideally located in the middle of old Hasselt. Easy stroll to many shops and restaurants. Quiet, clean rooms. Pleasant staff. Hotel food above average. Hasselt is a small city, very quiet, easily toured in one day. Not a preferred tourist destination, but enjoyable nevertheless.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests
thank you for taking the time to write a report on your stay with us.
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice and professional staff. The rooms are large and the beds comfortable. Breakfast good enough for the price and the hotel has a lovely swimming pool. If you use the hotel parking (in a garage around the corner) it will set you back 14 euros a day. A better alternative is to park across the road for free.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HIHASSELT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasselt, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guests
thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.
Is is always great to read that guests liked the hotel, its services and most of all the friendliness of the staff.
We surely hope to welcome you again on your next trip to Hasselt.
Best regards,
Sibiu, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here on recent business trip to Hasselt area, the hotel is a little difficult to find, my GPS took me down a number of narrow one way streets before I arrived at the hotel. The hotel has no parking of its own but there is an underground car park opposite with a direct lift link to the hotel foyer, the cost was about 18 euros per day I think and the hotel can endorse your parking ticket so you can put the parking charge on the hotel bill
I had made a mistake when I booked and only booked for one night instead of the two nights I needed so when I arrived at the hotel I asked for an extra nights stay,the lady on reception explained they were full but would put e on a stand by list and call me if she had any cancellations. I went for a walk in Hasselt (lovely little city) and she called me tell me it was not looking good for my extra night but she was willing to ring a couple of other hotels in Hasslt and see if they could accomodate me. She rang me back in a few minutes with a list of 3 hotels that had rooms and the price, I told her which one I wanted and she called me back in minutes and told me that she had made a reservation for me at the hotel I asked for.
I was really impressed with this level of service, this is the kind of thing which will make me come back to a hotel time and time again.
Anyway, hotel was good overall, good postion close to the centre of Hasselt, nice room, I watched the football in the bar that evening and even though it was very busy the service was fine. Breakfast in the morning was good and check out quick and efficient
Would happily stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIHASSELT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasselt, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.
Is is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the service given by our staff. I think one of the most important points when choosing a hotel, is when the staff works with a caring attitude.
We will surely look forward welcoming you again when visiting Hasselt.

Greetings
halmstad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nothing to complain about here really, except maybe for the breakfast which doesn´t make anyone happy - espressomachine a major plus though! No hot dishes, eggs overboiled both mornings. Other than that, ok place with friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HIHASSELT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasselt, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guests
thank you for taking the time to write a report on your stay with us.
It is always nice to read that guests were satisfied with the service of our staff and the hotel itself.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn, Hasselt now four times, and each time I'm even more pleased than the last time. The facility is spotlessly clean, and the staff is so nice. Breakfast continues to be top notch. I love the wide variety, and they've added 'poffertjes' (tiny mini pancakes) to the breakfast buffet since my last visit. Yummy! The room amenities are still as good as ever; spotlessly clean and comfortable. I love the different varieties of pillows on the bed - lots of nice little touches make this such a nice place to stay.

The last time I was here, my one gripe was the gym. Since my last visit I was pleasantly surprised to see that the gym area was redone complete with light colors, and good machinery. There were free weights, an elliptical machine, two stationary bicycles and a treadmill. In addition there was a new TV as well. Despite being in the basement, the gym is now light and airy and I enjoyed working out in it.

The only tiny little gripe I have is the lunch I had in the restaurant. If one is going to put a 'Croque Monsieur' sandwich on the menu, please make it a true Croque Monsieur. The sandwich I received was a sad ham and cheese sandwich on toast, not grilled. It was lukewarm and I could pull the ham and cheese off the bread...which I did because the bread was so dry. I wouldn't recommend lunch sandwiches, but I do recommend the Spaghetti Bolognese which is good. I also recommend the bar - it was a nice place to unwind after a long day with a decent selection of beer.

Overall I'm very happy with this hotel, and will stay there anytime I'm in the Hasselt area. If I ever get a chance to bring my family with me across the pond to Hasselt on one of my trips to Belgium, I will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn. It's good for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIHASSELT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasselt, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear guest
First of all I want to thank you for your loyalty and coming back to stay with us when visiting Hasselt.
Thank you for letting us know that again you enjoyed your stay with us and that you even liked it more than the previous times.
It is always a great motivation for all of us to read that guests appreciated the service we provide.
Thanks again for your very detailed feedback.
Best regards
Filip Caluwaert

Been to Holiday Inn Hasselt? Share your experiences!