“Cold tiny room” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hasselt
New York City, New York
“Cold tiny room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Ok. So it's an Ibis. I expected a small room. Well it was! Really small! On the plus side, it was clean. On the con side, it was cold. It was October, the night was cold, and (I assume to save money) the heating stopped working sometime at night; I woke up cold and tried to adjust the thermostat; had no luck. Ended up with a chill the next morning. No way I'm staying here again in a cold month.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the elevators. They are very noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Patrick B, Manager at Ibis Hasselt Centrum, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Sorry to hear about your chilly experience! I am afraid that since your stay dates from Octobre last year, I cannot really give you an adequate response on the matter. However, I would like to mention that the heating system is checked & serviced on an annually basis and that we also have extra heaters available at reception. It goes without saying that we do not have timers on the heaters besides the one on the thermostat.
Kind Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
Lommel, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We booked this hotel for one night after going to a party. I visited ibis hotels that are more modern then this one but overall it was ok.

I know what to expect from ibis so the room wasnt very big, smal bathroom but the shower was good. i had a good night sleep so no complaining about the bed!

we didnt take breakfast. if you dont want to pay the money for staying at the holiday inn or holiday in express, i would recommend this hotel. good location and big parking lot 400m from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Glad to hear that you have spend a good night's rest in our hotel and that you also easily found your way to the public parking!
We will be pleased to welcome you again in the near future!
Kind regards.
Thessaloniki, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed there only for a day, in our short visit in the small city of Hasselt, and Ibis provided us with exactly what we needed. Just a few (3 or 4) minutes walk from the train station, you can easily reach it even with heavy luggage. The hotel staff was nice and polite. The room was indeed very small but it was clean, with modern interior, and they have managed to make very good use of the space. Breakfast was very overpriced in my opinion and we didn't take. However, I think that it is good that it is not included in the price of the room, because this way you can save money.
A lot of buses pass from the street in front of the hotel, and surprisingly urban buses are for free in Hasselt! The central square, Grote Markt, is just a few minutes walk, we had a very good meal in a restaurant owned by some greek guy there.
I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Patrick B, Manager at Ibis Hasselt Centrum, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Glad to notice that you have enjoyed Hasselt and our location towards city center & railway station. Our staff will also be very pleased to hear from your appreciation towards them and hopes to welcome you again!
Kirkliston, Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My friends kindly booked guys in here for an overnight stays. We enjoyed the one night. It was comfortable enough. It is in a fantastic location right in the centre if town. Would I stay again - yes because the location was amazing and we could walk everywhere as it is very central.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This hotel is very poor for an IBIS hotel, and this one is not a "budget" one. Corridors look old and dusty, the room I had was cold, ugly and extremely small (the bed is not intended for 2 adults).
Breakfast was almost 15 €, so I decided to only have a coffee. As I waited more than 15 - 20 min for that cup of coffee the lady said that it will be on the house, but in the end it was in my bill anyway.
Leaving my room I got a phone call, the receptionist wanted to remind me I had to leave the room at noon. I checked the time, it was 12:01! What an ambiance.
The price was about 75 € with the taxes, one person / one night, no breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Cerro Maggiore, Italia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Me and my girlfriend shared a really small room in Ibis Hasselt.A claustrophobic feeling and noises from other rooms invite customers to take a ride in the city .Breakfast really expensive(better go to center or to the near supermarket)and wi-fi quite slow.I spent hundreds of nights in Ibis hotels in Europe and Asia but this is the worst I tried.Food is not available even though the hotel was reported at various points in the availability 'of a restaurant 24/24h.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ibis Hasselt Centrum? Share your experiences!