“Silly me” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Clonmel, Ireland
“Silly me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant only serves fish and that is what my wife and I love. It was recommended by the hotel receptionist when I asked for a good fish restaurant. Our meal was excellent. The waiter was a delight, he kept the diners hugely entertained (in French). My only hesitation is that my fish main course was underdone and, rather than send it back, I ate it. The next day, the stomach was not the best. Silly me.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brighton, United Kingdom
“A masochist's delight!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The impression given was that this was going to be a really outstanding restaurant. It was not flamboyantly decorated outside, and the entrance was through the end of the kitchen, so clearly they were not afraid of showing who, how and where the food was prepared. There was none of the hated loud "music". There were several tables occupied, and the waiter was welcoming and cheerful. All the signs indicated that this was the place to be for a meal to be remembered. And it was - but for the wrong reasons. A masochist would have loved the toughness and lack of flavour of the lobster entrees. and the grossly-overpriced and tasteless fish, with mediocre chips. Minimum price for wine was 25 Euros. And, to round off the experience was the familiar "euro-pong" of the toilets. And an aged masochist would enjoy the bitter regret and guilt at having wasted such a huge proportion of a week's pension on a mediocre meal. Others should avoid.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mons, Belgium
“A great surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

My friend and I went to this restaurant on a friday night and we were informed that we nee ed reservations, but anyway the gentleman offered us a tiny table for two. We accepted and he tried us like royalty, very friendly, explained all the menu and talk with us about
everything. The food was so good and fresh.The wine great and the presentation of the plates very nice.
He was all the time smiling and volunteering information about the food etc. we had a great time and we are looking forward to visit again with more friends.

• Visited December 2011