“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Positives
Lovely room, spacious, comfortable
, clean, stylish
Helpful staff
Near to main attractions and Mons football club
We got a good price, 85 euros per night

Negatives
Breakfast was ok, not great, the hot food was horrible and the croissants were tiny
long walk from train station(get a taxi!!)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ikast, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel is very nice with a central location 5 min walk form the Grand Place. The room is okay – but no AC. The staff, is very friendly and help some. Breakfast is average and there is only one coffee machine for all. The price was good (106 euro per night for a single room). There is parking on a square in the front of the hotel where you have to pay during the day. I have stay there 3 times this year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lancs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had an executive suite which was spacious and well appointed. It was on the ground floor and we were able to open the patio doors wide for more fresh air. It was 26 degrees outside. The variety at the breakfast buffet was good. The staff very pleasant and helpful and spoke excellant English. We were going to park the car in the car park but when we realised that there was no way our vehicle (Landrover Discovery) was going to fit under the hotel and through a VERY narrow entrance we opted for the on street parking option. This was not a problem as we were there over a weekend to a Tues morning. It is only a 5 min walk into the centre of Mons. The hotel restaurant is not open in the evenings at the weekend but this is not a problem as there are many excellant place to eat in the Grand Place.
We would stay here again and would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Northamptonshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Chose this hotel for location to be nearby to visit friends living in Mons. Fairly easy to find coming off the motorway from Lille, but would not want to look for in the dark. We had room on front of hotel to the main road, near to a busy junction, lots of traffic noise so we had to have the windows closed, and with NO AIRCON this was a huge downside, as the weather was very hot for the whole duration of our stay.
Housekeeping was good, fresh towels each day. Room well equipped, hair dryer, tv, fridge, -no safe. Bed comfortable room large enough but I think we had extra space due to position of the room at the end of the corridor. Reception helpful, car parking underground which we did not use as we left our car at our friends' house around the corner - there is parking outside the hotel for about 3 cars. This is charged at 10 euro per night and I imagine is a bit of a squeeze looking
at the size of the aperture for entrance!
No restaurant, but the Grand Platz is ony a 10 minute walk away and Mons is filled with restaurants and eateries, from full on Gastro to ice cream parlour and pizza houses.
Breakfast is served in a very pleasant area, plenty of choice, usual cheese cooked meats yoghurts cereals etc., fresh fruit and juices, tea coffee etc etc., but added extra scrambled or fried egg (in butter i looked and they were a bit artificial joke like eggs) but the scrambled were fine. Hot dog type sausage and lardons. Choices of breads and biscuits. We were pleasantly surprised and the lady who was managing the area was very pleasant and helpful.
It suited us very well because we wanted to be near to friends who live in the city.
We had access to internet next to our room in the corridor, which was free.

Room Tip: Room 109 bigger but on front of hotel and no airconditioning
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I had the pleasure of coming to this hotel at the end of a two week business trip and found a very helpful, wonderfully accommodating staff who offered flawless recommendations on some of the local dining establishments. The goods: room cleanliness, free WiFi, excellent breakfast, and a well stocked hotel bar in the lobby common area. Don't expect your room to have air-conditioning - however, AC isn't necessary with the cool climate of Belgium.

Room Tip: My second floor (third floor by American reckoning) room was very quiet and peaceful despite its pro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Wiltshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed for two nights whilst visiting my brother who works in the area. We had a room on the 4th floor which was comfortable, my only negative comment is the room was very warm and there is no air conditioning.

Breakfast was included in the room cost (a very reasonable 159 Euros for two nights through Booking.com) and this was well presented and offered a good choice.

It was my first visit to Mons and I was pleasantly surprised, its a pretty city with a lovely central square with lots of places to sit and watch the world go by. the hotel is an easy 5 minute walk to the central area.

I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Chepstow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stopped in this hotel for two nights whilst attending a festival at the Lotto Mons Expo. My room was a suite, which was clean and comfortable and with modern decor. The bed was comfortable and the TV had two English channels (BBC1 and BBC2). I was able to access the free WIFI in my room (which I understand is now available throughout the hotel) - this was great and allowed me to keep in contact with my family. I used the underground car park. As one reviewer has mentioned, it is a tight squeeze and I was thankful of having a small hire car (Micra) - but it was reasonably priced (10 euros per night) and very secure. The buffet breakfast was more than adequate with a good selection of pastries, cold meats and cheeses and scrambled egg, with plenty of juice and coffee. The only thing I felt the hotel lacked was an evening restaurant or late night room service. On my first night I was starving so ended up having to walk up the main street to find a takeaway joint, which was the last thing I needed after a long day of travelling. I was in a room overlooking the front street, which was admittedly a bit noisy but I was tired so it didn't affect my sleep too much. The reception staff were very helpful and if I visited Mons again I would certainly plan to stop here again.
Mons itself was a bit of a "work in progress" - the main street was all dug up and it resembled more like a building site. I'm sure when the works are finished the area will be much improved.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the front of the hotel overlooking the main road as it can get quite noisy
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Lido Mons Centre? Share your experiences!