“Best pasta in town” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Best pasta in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Everything I want in an Italian restaurant - passionate staff, lively atmosphere, ballsy red wines and simple cooking with good quality ingredients. As such I have been many times in recent years. I am not a fan of over complicated Italian cuisine and Il Pasticcio doesn't fall into that trap. The pasta is absolutely outstanding. How many times have I been to supposedly good Italian joints that do not have freshly made pasta? I recommend ordering from the specials, perhaps even the trio, because these are the dishes that get an extra effort from the chef.

Visited May 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Meggen, Switzerland
“Excellent place for excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We go here regularly for lunch - for me the place defines what superb quality food can obtain when prepared with quality ingredients. Nothing is all too complicated, but you can count on the fact that the components are picked with knowledge, providing you a true heavenly treatment for one's taste buds.
Antipasti misto and tri di pasta are a regular for me.
Good wines also, we always take one on recommendation and it has never failed.
Busy place though, it may take a few minutes of waiting - but guaranteed worthwile!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Asuncion, Paraguay
1,361 helpful votes 1,361 helpful votes
“A bit messy but good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I went for lunch and saw at least three tables that passed in front of me because they knew the owner... still the food is good Italian and the staff, once they seated me, were friendly.

Visited September 2011
Florida
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

busy but worth it. Can only comment on the pastas which all were perfect, penne with salmon, ravioli with butter and sage, pasta bolonese, wines by the glass or various size carafes. Fabulous bread. Friendly staff, helpful with selections...open daily for lunch..dinner only on Wed/Fri. Would have eaten there every day if my husband had let me.

Visited November 2011
Brussels
“A great find for dinner in this area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I've been here several times and the waiters are always friendly, welcoming and helpful. I wish it was open more than 2 nights a week! It's popular and gets busy after 8pm so booking is recommended. Otherwise, it's possible to get a takeaway but if it's for more than 1-2, let them know.

We started with prosecco and a mixed antipasto. Some of our group had the 'trio de pates', three different pasta recipes on one plate. I almost wish I'd had the seared tuna, it was perfectly prepared, but homemade pasta is the house specialty and it was delicious.
Marche Rosso red was just light enough to suit everyone's food choices.
Really appreciated the birthday tiramisu and singing waiters :-)

• Visited September 2011