“Initimate place, excellent wine and food pairing in Place de Londre” 4 of 5 stars
Review of restaurant Chou

Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations
Fishers, Indiana
“Initimate place, excellent wine and food pairing in Place de Londre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Three of us ate at this delightful upscale restaurant in the scenic Place de Londres. Butcher-block type tables give an informal feel to an otherwise upscale place with only ten tables. Reservations encouraged. The fixed price 3 course meal (with wine with each course) ran 65 euros (45 without wine). A snall "amuse bouche" of salmon sashimi started us off, then a creative fish starter, followed by a nicely prepared escalope of beef, and a gelato dessert. The wines were perfect, the food left is sated but not bloated. Service was excellent.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ottawa, Canada
“Nice and Cozy, Excellent Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have nothing bad to say, every dish I have had here and I keep coming back every 3 weeks has been nice. They put together a nice menu and every dish is well executed and paired with a nice wine.

It is recommended to make reservations as they are small and fill up quickly. They accommodate your likes and I always feel well looked after, the only complaint if your eating alone like I am is that the lighting is low so reading is a bit of a challenge.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Steenokkerzeel, Belgium
“Ce Chou est sans doute mon chou.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I understand that the chef is a real French guy. Over 20 years in Belgium. He opened Chou in 2007 in Ixelles very close to the EU-headquarters and Luxemburg station. So why don't these rich Eurocrats write more reviews for this nice place? It feels woodish, warm and intimate. And the food we had was very original, organic and old style at the same time. Strong tastes. According to the guy from http://www.vinogusto.com/fr whom i invited there, they excel in food-wine pairing. Gault&Millau upgraded them from 14 to 15 this year .... who am I to contradict them. The price? Don't ask me. It's too expensive for a lunch.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Asuncion, Paraguay
1,317 helpful votes 1,317 helpful votes
“What a nice surprise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

This is a gem, and should not be missed. The interior is elegant and simple, with a touch of rustic in an otherwise essential setting. The service is impeccable. Always there when you need them, always helpful, always knowledgeable. and you don't even have to ask for them to go the extra mile. The Chef came and talked to us at the table, very friendly. And now the food. They have three different formulas of set menu, and twisted them to our palate (and my lactose intolerance) with ease and friendliness. The dishes were spectacular, I would just like to mention the raw salmon with beetroot purée and a superb hare. The wine was very correctly prices. All in all a wonderful experience.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pascagoula, MS
“My wife & I ate here last night it was...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

My wife & I ate here last night it was one of the best meals that we had this trip to Europe. We started with the duck liver then we had the set menu. We had 4 dishes as part of the set menu a cucumber soup, polenta with shrimp, duck breast and then dessert. The food was great. The decor was nice. The chairs were a bit small but our servers were very nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere