I stayed at Husa President park, Brussels in September 2010. Then, I experienced many of the things other reviewers talk about. The check in was very slow and unfriendly. I immediatly like the the room though, as it was fresh, modern and clean.
My stay though was completely ruined when my 2nd night, I wasn´t able to sleep. Not even for 1 minute. The reason was that the hotel was host to a certain event. There was loud music blasting, and it blasted all the way to my room.
I called the front desk several times to complain about it. They explained to me that the hotel was also booked for that party and that the music would eventually stop. They never offered me another room away from the noise, or anything else. I asked them to make a note of my complaint and told them I wanted to speak to the manager the next day. It was a horrible experience, since I had to wake up at 5 in the morning, for an important meeting, and the music didn´t stop until 2 am.
The next day, I went to the front desk. No note had been made about my complaint, no one knew what I was talking about and no one seemed to actually care. I asked again for the manager, but he was ´not available´ .
The ´not available´ was the reply 3 more times, until finally, upon my check out, I got to speak to the front desk manager. He also was not very sympathetic to my complaints. He told me that it is normal that a hotel rents out their facilities for parties, ´every hotel in the world does that´. No matter what which way I explained to him that I booked a hotel to SLEEP, he kept coming back to the point, that ´every hotel in the world, hosts events´ . He also noted that I was the only guest who complained about it. I wasn´t going to ac cept that, because like I said: I REALLY DID NOT SLEEP. As our discussion went on a large group arrived for check in. I proceeded to make a scene, and finally to get rid of me, the manager offered me a free night at the hotel for a future stay. I knew I had to be back in Brussels in 2011, so I accepted.
Yesterday, I used that free night,. I had to be in Brussels for 1 day. I emailed them the day before, and without questions, I was offered a room. Upon arrival, check in was fast and my room was as it was the last time, clean and fresh. The room was very hot, but after blasting the Air Conditioning for 20 minutes, that was fixed too. This time, I enjoyed my stay at the Husa. Because of the good experience I had, I will try it again, for future stays. The location is perfect for me, since, I need to be in the area of the North Train station. Those reviewers who have said that it is far from the North Train Station are lazy, because it really is just a 5 minutes walk. The area is not sleezy at all. It is mostly residential. In front of the hotel there is a park, where lots of kids are playing. The north Station offers excellent connections to all trains, metros and busses.
Despite my previous horrible experience, I am willing to try Husa again, for its rooms and location and free WIFI and fitness center. This goes to show, that an ´I don´t care` attitude doesn´t work when it comes to complaints, I would never have come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Husa President Park is situated in Brussels, a 10-min drive from Brussels Expo and a 5-minute walk from Metro station Rogier. The hotel has wellness facilities and a large garden. Husa Presidential Park is located an 8-minute walk from the Brussels North Station. Grand Place and the Square Brussels Meeting Centre are a 5-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Husa President Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Husa President Park Brussels
- Husa President Park Hotel Brussels