“2nd experience was good.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Husa President Park

You added Husa President Park to your Saves list
Husa President Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd du Roi Albert II, 44 | Brussels, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #84 of 195 Hotels in Brussels
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“2nd experience was good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stayed at Husa President park, Brussels in September 2010. Then, I experienced many of the things other reviewers talk about. The check in was very slow and unfriendly. I immediatly like the the room though, as it was fresh, modern and clean.

My stay though was completely ruined when my 2nd night, I wasn´t able to sleep. Not even for 1 minute. The reason was that the hotel was host to a certain event. There was loud music blasting, and it blasted all the way to my room.

I called the front desk several times to complain about it. They explained to me that the hotel was also booked for that party and that the music would eventually stop. They never offered me another room away from the noise, or anything else. I asked them to make a note of my complaint and told them I wanted to speak to the manager the next day. It was a horrible experience, since I had to wake up at 5 in the morning, for an important meeting, and the music didn´t stop until 2 am.
The next day, I went to the front desk. No note had been made about my complaint, no one knew what I was talking about and no one seemed to actually care. I asked again for the manager, but he was ´not available´ .
The ´not available´ was the reply 3 more times, until finally, upon my check out, I got to speak to the front desk manager. He also was not very sympathetic to my complaints. He told me that it is normal that a hotel rents out their facilities for parties, ´every hotel in the world does that´. No matter what which way I explained to him that I booked a hotel to SLEEP, he kept coming back to the point, that ´every hotel in the world, hosts events´ . He also noted that I was the only guest who complained about it. I wasn´t going to ac cept that, because like I said: I REALLY DID NOT SLEEP. As our discussion went on a large group arrived for check in. I proceeded to make a scene, and finally to get rid of me, the manager offered me a free night at the hotel for a future stay. I knew I had to be back in Brussels in 2011, so I accepted.

Yesterday, I used that free night,. I had to be in Brussels for 1 day. I emailed them the day before, and without questions, I was offered a room. Upon arrival, check in was fast and my room was as it was the last time, clean and fresh. The room was very hot, but after blasting the Air Conditioning for 20 minutes, that was fixed too. This time, I enjoyed my stay at the Husa. Because of the good experience I had, I will try it again, for future stays. The location is perfect for me, since, I need to be in the area of the North Train station. Those reviewers who have said that it is far from the North Train Station are lazy, because it really is just a 5 minutes walk. The area is not sleezy at all. It is mostly residential. In front of the hotel there is a park, where lots of kids are playing. The north Station offers excellent connections to all trains, metros and busses.
Despite my previous horrible experience, I am willing to try Husa again, for its rooms and location and free WIFI and fitness center. This goes to show, that an ´I don´t care` attitude doesn´t work when it comes to complaints, I would never have come back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Carshalton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

My boyfriend and i stayed here for 3 nights in July and were really impressed with the location to town; you can walk to the centre in 20 minutes which isn't too bad! And the gare du nord is only a 5 minute walk away! (Great if you want to do a trip to Bruges or are coming in via eurostar).
We had requested an early check in however this was disallowed when we arrived so we left our bags in the hotel where a room was provided.
We felt that the service we received at the reception was pretty poor; most probably because we were seemed to be the only non-business clients waiting. The hotel wanted a 50 euro deposit which would have been fine if we had been warned of this expenditure. (I had to call up the hotel a week later to get this deposit back as they had 'supposedly' cancelled it on my card but according to my bank they hadn't).
The room itself was really nice, modern and clean.

NOTE - THIS HOTEL IS IN THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT.
When walking back at night there are numerous transvestites and prostitutes hanging by the side of the road just by the hotel - this was a bit of a shock!

Overall, we enjoyed our stay but felt that the 50euro deposit should've been mentioned and we were shocked at the difficulty we had in getting this back a week after returning home. The service to young couples is also pretty rude and poor at reception.

Room Tip: Avoid room 3139 - Noisy elevators are next to the bed wall and there is a poor view of a dirty court...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Mersin, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

It is very close to North Train/Metro Station (5 min. walk). There is a police station next to the hotel. Therefore we felt safe. The hotel is nice. Most of staff is friendly. If you come bye car, it is very easy to find parking space.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Hotel staff were very unhelpful and off hand. I checked in with a colleague and inadvertently we were given the wrong room keys - not a problem since the rooms were identical. However, it caused a problem when I went to charge items to my room, since the name did not match. Despite complaining about this to reception at least once a day, over my four day stay, nothing was done to put it right. On one occasion I was asked to leave my table in the restuarant to explain why I was charging items to a room which was not mine! On check-out the problem persisted, but no apologies were made. They then tried to charge me for the rooms which had been paid for in advance, for breakfasts which were not taken and internet which did not work - a total cost of about 1,200 Euros. They removed the costs, but again offered no explanation nor any apology. The hotel itself was fine, but the attitude of staff will mean my company would never use this hotel, nor the group, again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
London, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed here on a brief business trip to Brussels. Having paid in excess for 250 Euros for a room for 1 night, I was expecting a very high quality hotel, but was badly disappointed. The room was a decent size, but I personally dislike wooden (looked like cheap laminate) floors in a hotel room as it makes the room feel cold. The walls were also paper thin - I could clearly hear conversations in the adjoining rooms, which unfortunately went on until the early hours. The guests weren't making execessive noise, just talking normally, but they may as well have been in the same room as I was. The meal I had from room service wasn't bad, but was certainly the most interesting Chicken Caeasr salad I've ever eaten, with some fairly unusual ingredients.
The location isn't great. I arrived at about 8pm on a Monday night and the entire area was deserted although I assume that it was some sort of business district and would be busier by day. Having discovered that I hadn't packed a European power adaptor, which the hotel couldn't provide (!), the concierge directed me to a shopping area where he advised me that I would find plenty of stores open, including electronic shops, despite the fact that it was close to 9pm. His description made me think that I would find the equivalent of Oxford Street just a 10 minute walk from the hotel, so I was quite astounded to find myself in the middle of the red light district, in an area full of seedy-looking bars and very dodgy shops (which needless to say didn't sell power adaptors). When I returned to the hotel and told the concierge that it really wasn't acceptable to send a lone woman into that sort of area at night and that I had felt extremely unsafe, I was met by a disinterested Gallic shrug!
Needless to say, if I return to Brussels, I would not stay at the Husa President Park again and I certainly wouldn't recommend it either.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

We had a fantastic stay at Husa Resident park hotel. The hotel only 5 mins walk from Nord station. Nord station is 10-15 mins from central of Brussel and very easy to reach by metro, tram or pre tram.
We booked a twin room which was updated on our arrival to junior suite as no more twin was available.We were also allowed to book earlier. The room is fantastic with everything you need and very clean. Our room had air conditioner which was lovely after walking outside in 35 degree. The only think is the hotel restaurant is a bit pricey. I can not comment on internet or health center as we did not used it.
We had a pleasant stay and would definitely recommend to everyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I was due to stay at this hotel this Thursday but I cannot travel due to an important hospital appointment this Friday, I rang booking.com to see if I could cancel my reservation and was told I would be charged the whole amount, my fault as I must have been rushing when booking and booked a non refundable booking. I decided to ring the hotel directly and must say they are the most unhelpful, money grabbing hotel I have EVER spoke with. I myself am a front office worker and know how it works, they offered no help or solutions or sympathy, they didn't even ask a reason for cancellation, I asked to speak to the general manager which was exactly the same and didn't care, all they are after is money and not guest satisfaction, I couldn't believe how they couldn't offer alternative days or even a charge of one night, even though today is Tuesday and I am not due to arrive till Thursday and they could sell the room again. So if anyone does see this and would like a room in Brussels Thursday to Tuesday,please contact me as I have a prepaid one! My advice stay well clear as they seem to only care about money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Husa President Park? Share your experiences!