“Wonderful location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 195 Hotels in Brussels
Victoria B C
“Wonderful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed for two nights at La Legende in early April. It was recommended by Rick Steeves and lived up to its billing as being close to the Grand Place. In fact it was just a couple of short blocks away. It was so wonderful to visit the Grand Place at night and see the beautiful 16th century buildings all lit up with restaurants lining the square. It was also very close to the Royal Museum of Fine Arts which is a must see. The staff at the hotel were very helpful with directions and suggestions for places to eat. Our room was not large but comfortable (an inside room) and quiet. The breakfast was all you could eat and very satisfactory. What an interesting city.

Room Tip: I would recommend an inside room so that you are not disturbed by street noises.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
Pisa, Itay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was in Brussels over the weekend and I stayed here. I had a great experience. The hotel is very centrally located. The Hop on Hop off bus is a 15 minute walk away and you are 2 blocks from the Palace.

I made the error in telling them I was caming from the "central" train station. They gave me directions for the central metro station. The train station I came in at is the "midi". While the central metro station is like 7 minutes from them (which is what they said), the midi train station is not. I took a taxi and it was like 7 euro. Not bad, but sure glad I didnt' try using the map! lol

The room is very small. Could hardly walk without touching something. That being said, it was just fine for me and my my needs. I was in room 230, and the windo faced the street. There was a lot of noise coming from the street, but it didnt' bother me. I can't attest to the breakfast as I didn't ever get it.

The hotel staff were very nice and friendly as well. Highly recommend this hotel as your home away from home while in Brussels!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed at the La Legende hotel for four nights, and I found my stay very enjoyable. The hotel's location is absolutely incredible - it is literally around the corner from both the Grand Place and the Mannekin Pis! There are plenty of restaurants around, or waffle/frites stores if that is what you would prefer for dinner (not that I did...ahem!). Each room has a window with flowers, which was very picturesque. There is also a vending machine in the lobby, which I used a few times.

The room is basic but clean, with everything you need. including a safe. I actually had an issue with my safe where it refused to open, even with my code, and the girl at the desk came up to my room immediately and unlocked it - I really appreciated that. The bathroom was very nice, and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast is continental and what you would get at any decent European hotel - pastries and chilled meat galore. They have a coffee machine, however!

Another thing I was really impressed by was the quality of the internet - it was fast, never dropped out, and free. For me, crappy internet can be a deal-breaker, so I was rather pleased with that!

Overall, my stay at La Legende was excellent, and if I'm ever in Brussels again I fully intend to repeat my stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel room in itself is very basic but very clean. The location and service is excellent. The staff are very helpful, they give a great overview of the sights to see. We had a tv problem and they were very quick in helping us out.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a large room for 3 with balcony. The room was very spacious with modern decor. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Being close to the Grand Place, the location was perfect. Affordable and lovely European breakfast. I would stay here again without question!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed one night with a last minute booking which was excellent value. I had a double room on the second floor overlooking the courtyard. It was quiet, clean, comfortable, and the bathroom was very nice. The shower is separate from the toilet and basin, but has no screen or curtain, so water may spread out a bit, but was not a problem.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the checkin process was smooth. It was easy to find 5 minutes walk from the Grand Place square, and about 20-25 minutes walk from Brussels Midi or Brussels central, so it is possible to walk there from nearby train stations if you're fit and don't mind carrying/rolling your bags, but others may find it easier to catch a cab from the train station.

The staff were helpful, and I could store my bags there for the afternoon. The kettle, tea and coffee in the room were convenient.
The quality of the room and finishings was very good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Driving into Brussels, running late for a dinner booking and with stress levels mounting, the Hotel La Legende could not have been a better choice. When looking for a hotel for our short stay, we wanted something central, cheap and with parking, so that we could maximise our time knowing the car was safe. The sat nav took us directly to the hotel, and we drove straight through the archway on Lombardstraat into the haven of the courtyard. The receptionist came out to meet us and we were parked, checked-in, changed and en route to our dinner booking just ten minutes later.

If you are travelling with a car, it is well worth pre-booking the parking as there are only two spaces in the courtyard.

The room was to a much higher standard than we had expected, nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. The hotel itself is a little worn around the edges, but being just two streets away from the Grand Place, is superbly located for sight-seeing. And the super-efficient staff were a delight.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to La Legende Hotel? Share your experiences!