“Horrible Service, I Don't Feel Welcomed, At All” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 66 Shopping in Brussels
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Artisan chocolate factory Planete chocolat develops ideas in order to offer the highest quality of chocolate. Our products are made with 100% cocoa butter. A passionate team keeps creating new shapes and combining chocolate with new flavours. Planete chocolat shares its knowledge around chocolate. Chocolate demonstrations are organized every saturday at 4 pm and sunday at 3 pm. Our workshop is located at rue du Lombard 24 in Brussels.
“Horrible Service, I Don't Feel Welcomed, At All”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My sister and i visited this place based on the rankings and recommendation from trip advisor, but were utterly disappointed with the service provided by the sales lady.

When asked about the general differences between types of chocolates displayed, she wasn't helpful at all and sounded impatient. There were different types of pralines displayed, we asked about the differences but got lectured for not reading the fine print on the labels instead. We took some time in choosing our chocolates but she was really impatient and rushed us as if wanting us to leave as soon as possible. In the end, she chose the chocolates herself without our permission or agreement. She assured us that the chocolates they sell are of the best quality, but when compared to chocolates from other shops, we find that their chocolates are only about average.

Visited July 2013

Pitesti, Romania
“Fun, great time, excelent chocolate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

While i was visiting Bruxelles i happened to wonder in front of Planete Chocolat and what can i tell you is that i didn't took my eyes of all this history displayed on the front windows and mostly all the dellicious chocolate i saw when i entered the store(Boutique). I was lucky because i got there in the afternoon when they were like 5 min. away to put up a show called "Chocolate Demonstration", i bought my ticket and there i went for an hour + and boy i learned a lot not to mention the fun we had with the demonstrator who made the time fly by and also made everything seem so easy. I loved chocolate way before this demonstration but now i can call my self chocoholic because now i know chocolate is not just good and tasty is also good for my health.....I like to thank Planete Chocolat for this tasty trip and the knoweledge i came back home. I recomend for everyone visiting Bruxelles to also stop by for a delicious praline and hot chocolate.

Alina P

Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend were in Brussels several weeks ago and happened to wander past this shop. On first impressions, it looked just like many of the other high class chocolate purveyors around the city centre. We went in for a look - the shop sold all one would want - from interesting designs in chocolate such as chocolate high heels to real, fermented chocolate beans. We saw some people hustling towards the rear of the shop to what we though was a cafe but, after asking, found out that they were about to hold a class in chocolatieering (my word, not theirs : ) including how chocolate is made, what pralines are, how to cast both solid chocolate and pralines, the difference between good chocolate and bad and much more. It was very educational and the chocolatier giving the presentation and demonstration was very knowledge and passionate (a rare thing) about his work which made it a pleasure for us. He was also fluent in both English and French which was appreciated. For the platry sum of 7 euro, in addition to the presentation / demo, we received fantastic hot chocolate, plenty of cast chocolate sweets and pralines and answers to some questions which I had about the chocolate making process. All in all, highly recommended!

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Wonderful chocolate experience for chocoholics!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Get to help out professional Chocolate makers create Praulines and bars. Learn the history of where Chocolate was originated, how it became popular and how monkeys helped in the creation of vast Theobroma cacao groves due to tossing the beans aside after devouring the drug like pulp! Experience this and get free samples all for 7Euros!

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“A very good learning experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the highlight of our trip to Brussels! We went to see their chocolate demonstration on Sunday, 3pm. (While I was doing my research, I really got confused if it's 3pm or 4pm.) There were just around 20 people, including us, so it was a small group which made it more personal. The kids found it really interesting, especially when they learned where chocolates come from and the difference among dark, milk and white chocolates. They showed us how they make pralines and special subject chocolates. The demonstration was supposed to run for about 45 mins. but it went for about an hour or so for us. Not a problem at all since it's really fun and a very good learning experience. Costs 7 euros for adults and 6 euros for kids. They served hot chocolate and quite a lot of samples.

Visited May 2013