“Well located hotel” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Victor Horta 1, Brussels 1060, Belgium   |
Special Offer
UP TO 30% - EARLY BOOKING
Ranked #11 of 195 Hotels in Brussels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Chicago Suburbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

If you love ultra-modern furnishings this is the place for you. Ordinarily I prefer cozier décor, but our room looked like something out of a design magazine--sort of a higher-quality version of IKEA style. The hotel is only one year old, so the furnishings are new & clean. I especially loved the built-in leather sofa that ran along one wall. Much cleaner & lest dusty than typical hotel room upholstery.

My husband & I stayed at this hotel while on vacation. We chose it because we were arriving at Midi station on the Eurostar & catching a train to Ghent the next morning. As train stations go, Midi was not bad with lots of little shops & fast-food places. The hotel is completely separate & insulated, so no noises or smells come from the station.

Another reviewer commented about the problem with charging your computer when you're out of the room. The reason is that you must use your key card to turn on the electric power. I don't leave my iPad or phone laying around when I'm out of my room & I charge them up when I'm sleeping, so that's not an issue for me. (It was possible to leave the key card on when you're sleeping, but you can turn out each light individually with it's own switch.)

We had a room adjacent to an interior courtyard, far from the elevator, so it was quiet. The bed was wonderful--firm, yet with a soft top covered with a comforter & duvet. The pillows were the big, square Euro-style ones & the bed linens were high quality. In the European manner the toilet was in it's own little room separate from the bath & basin. Like most European bathrooms, the tub & shower were awkward to use, especially by a "shortie" like myself. There was a grab bar by the soap dish, but too far from the edge of the tub & too low to help steady me. The room had a wardrobe closet, bar, fridge, cable TV & good lighting.

We took a nearby subway to get to a restaurant for dinner, but got lost a little on the way. The hotel offers a breakfast buffet, but we had Continental breakfast in the bar. I think staying at the Pullman was a pleasant experience & we would come back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonomo_Julien, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Midi Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Sherry,

Thank you for this commentary from your most recent stay with us at the Pullman Brussels Midi. The hotel is indeed very well insulated, with quintuple glazing windows !

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

We hope to soon welcome you back and hope that at that occasion you will have time to check out our Fit Lounge and spa.

Warm regards,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The design and decor of this hotel are wonderful, the room is beautiful, the location - well it's by the railway station BUT I always maintain that a hotels reputation is always at risk when it is quiet, and thus proved the case here. We tried to check in, oh so naughtily, 1 hour before the due time - we were told rooms not ready - the receptionist made no visible attempt to try and see if a room was readied. Returning one hour later, we waited 20 minutes before the receptionist could attend to us - staff obviously cut back, and again on the two later occasions we needed to talk to reception, there was an unacceptable wait, despite other members of staff being clearly visible in the back office. And regrettably it was the same in the bar and restaurant - no customers, lousy service, nobody cares here about the customers. It's a shame because the hotel is beautiful.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Allan,

We appreciate that you took the time to highlight the issues that you faced during your last stay with us.
Allow me to ensure you that your experience is not at all living up to the standards that we strive for; the waiting time you experienced for check in is a true exception to the quality of service we provide to our guests.

Our Management Team is looking into this matter as we understand the impact it has occurred.

As we are continuously assessing our performance, your comment will be an encouragement to our team to improve their level of service.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Brussels, so that my team and I can prove ourselves a better host to you.

Yours Sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

or your computer for that matter. our anything that needs a plug.
For, unlike any other place I have ever been to, the plugs here are switched off once the lights are switched off, so if you leave your computer to be charged overnight for an important meeting tomorrow, or hope to be able to use your phone all day during a long trip, well, make sure you plug them in somewhere else, for you will not be able to do it at this hotel. So long as you do not leave all the lights open all night long.
Other than that, the food is good, the beds are very comfortable, the shower room is very elegantly designed, room service is excellent, but, you know, there are no plugs that operate overnight. You've been warned!

Room Tip: high floor is a must.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Pullman Brussels Midi on your recent visit in Brussels.

We want you to know that we appreciate that you took the time to provide us with your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to read positive comments regarding our guests’ experiences.
I am very sorry that you could not charge your device at night, resulting to a discontentement.
For sustainable reasons, the electricty in the room will only work if the key card is plugged in.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels take you to Brussels.

Berlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Lousy neighborhood, but if you need to be close to the city center, to public transportation and to domestic and international trains, this is the spot for you. Nice breakfast, and perfect for use of trains. Lovely rooms, good wifi connection, and fine business center.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Guy M,

Thank you very much for sharing your most valued feedback and kind comments on TripAdvisor !
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from the extensive buffet breakfast to the very convenient location.

Your comments are most gratefully received and I very much look forward to having you back.

Best Regards,

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Pullman is definitely among the best places I've stayed in Brussels. This hotel combines great facilities with fantastic service in a way that makes you feel very welcome. The ambiance is great and I particularly enjoyed a nice workout at the gym. The room was very clean and rather spacious and I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great hotel in Brussels !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Katherine,

It is always very pleasing to hear such great comments and it's through such feedback that we can truly gauge how successful we are at achieving the high standards we set for ourselves.

You have encapsulated exactly what we are trying to achieve and both the team and I truly appreciate your endorsement.

I will be delighted to share your comments with everyone here.

We hope to have the opportunity to look after you again!

Yours Sincerely,

Julien Bonomo

Been to Pullman Brussels Midi Hotel? Share your experiences!