“Great food, reasonable price!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Abrussel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 2,570 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: French, Belgian, International, European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Open from monday until saturday from 6:30PM until 10:30PM (last clients) ABrussel is a small restaurant only working with a small menu who is changing every month. Cuisine is simple, with a classic or more inventive choice. There is always a vegetarian choice available, as a Fish and a Belgian choice. We try to make our service friendly but not strict.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great food, reasonable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I followed the reviews from here, and wasn't disappoint.
This small restaurant have nice meals. Mussels were fresh and lots, we've tried duck breast, also highly recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kiev, Ukraine
“Feels like a family restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went there entirely because of its TripAdvisor rating and weren`t disappointed.

The staff are amazing - and although there were some small delays in service, it felt like they truly CARED about customers,which is so rare. I wonder if it`s a family restaurant, because everyone was so nice and genuine!!!
The food is very good - delicious, beautifully served and creative. Portions are average for this price from what I can judge after 10 day trip to Brussels.

Overall,this place is so much better than all the other restaurants in central Brussels, most of which are no good but very pretentious. I hope Abrussel never gets spoiled and loses its charm because of its good ratings here. I will definitely come back next time I`m in Brussels and check if it`s still as good :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Apity”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Arrived at Abrussel a little before 8pm. Inside all tables where occupied, but outside there were still a few tables empty. I asked the waiter behind the bar if I could take a table outside, which was okay. Waited for 45 minutes before a waitress paid some attention and brought me the menu. I mentioned to her that I was very thirsty, but she misunderstood, she thought I said 30 and disappeared. Never saw her again. Waited for another 30 minutes while other waiters helped another table outside with drinks and extra food, but me being ignored completely.
Because I was very hungry and it was already getting a bit dark I left an went to Nuetnigenough (which is only one block away). That also was quite busy, but still I was happily eating and drinking within 10 minutes after my arrival.
So I cannot comment on the food at Abrussel (price certainly was okay), but the staff could be a bit more attentive and professional. I you can handle a large number of people than just have a few less tables. That in my opinion is better than neglecting your customers.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Europe
“Better than in a tourist trap area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Eating out in summer time in an unknown city is pretty tricky because many restaurants are closed for vacation. So instead of our chosen restaurant we had dinner at Abrussel. 3 courses meal costs 22EUR if you do not choose something more interesting. Then you have to pay some extra. The food was ok until we got our desserts. They were boring and full of sugar.
It looked like the chef became tired of making two first dishes and decided to cheat a little bit with the last. The staff was friendly and we got some explanation about food and drinks. I like that they serve Belgian wines. I tried two kinds of white and was happy about my choice.All in all ,it was ok dinner but I would not go to this restaurant the second time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Menlo Park, California
“Best meal in Brussels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had a reservation and a great experience. Just a block off the Grand Place, with reasonable prices and fresh, delicious, hit food. We had mussels, steak frites, salmon appetizer and carpaccio. All perfect. And the waitress was very nice.

Visited August 2013