“Avoid not only this restaurant but ths street in general” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2,225 of 2,491 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Telephone Number 02-511.32.75Capacity 50 Diners3 course fixed menu around 18 euros without wineA'La Carte menu 50/60 euros per head including wine.We have known this restaurant for over 6 years and visit it whenever we are in Brussels.
Sydney, Australia
“Avoid not only this restaurant but ths street in general”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This whole street has restaurants on either side. Which means that you can't walk past without being accosted every few steps. Made the unfortunate mistake of stepping into this place, with the owner promising us a free drink.
We ordered cheese croquettes as a starter and grilled Bass for main, along with a beer each. The starter consisted of 3 small pieces of square shaped cheese croquettes . It tasted very nice . Then came the fish which was also good. The prices made me do a back flip and wonder if I was back in Sydney. €11 for the starter and €29 for this single grilled fish.
My husband was convinced it looked a bit dodgy and we decided to pay cash. As expected when the bill came, they'd charged us for the beer. The guy who brought us the bill said only the first drink was free . We had to explain that we had only one drink each. You'd think they'd know how many we had. Anyway, so this other guy we suppose is some sort of manager comes over and corrects the bill , quite grumpy, no apologies, no acknowledgement ...nothing. We made sure we left no tip. As we stepped out, the guy who corrected our bill is suddenly all smiles and asking us to come again. That's because he had some people he was trying to con into coming into his restaurant. It's a bit of a pity because our waiter was a nice chap, and the food was good, but their dodgy method of trying to slip one over us, spoilt the experience , not to mention being very expensive.
My advice.....avoid this restaurant , and also this street . Go someplace where there is a standalone restaurant and I think it'll work out better.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Stockholm, Sweden
“You will be robbed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Don't let them throw you in here! You will be robbed. Not very good food and very expensive.
We got thrown in and got recommended the food. We were 6 persons and it cost us 90€ each which we managed to get down to 70€ after heavy discussion.

• Visited May 2013
Grasby, null, United Kingdom
“Run away as fast as you can. I'd have been happier if someone had stolen my wallet!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

He lulled us in with offers of free drinks... gave us things we didn't order.... the worst meat platter to share ever... hey presto should have been a reasonably priced meal .....600 euros. Wasn't worth 20. We would have had a better time if someone had stolen our wallets at gunpoint!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chula Vista, California
“I was pulled in by a free drink.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The man outside was not bad. I was offered a free beer. However I saw the price for the special that you share with 2 people. The price it at 38.00 I later learned when the bill came it was PP. The meat platter was noting special. I was thinking one last Brussels meal.

The service was good and for me the prices high. I am a cheap skate and this was way too much for me.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Not the best restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Although I was warned before I went to this tourist street we decided to go and eat here. There was a menu for €12,50 per person which we took. Entrance was a gamba croquet which was okay, a bit small though. I had chicken as main meal. It was okay but a bit dry. Desert was a small wafel which tasted very good. The restaurant looked very nice, what didnt help though was that other customers were arguing about there bill and food.

Although our food wasn't that bad I would not go back here. Avoid this street, there are better locations to eat in Brussels.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere