“Beware!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Atlanta Brussels

You added NH Atlanta Brussels to your Saves list
NH Atlanta Brussels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Boulevard Adolphe Max | City Center, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
5% EXTRA DISCOUNT
Ranked #50 of 194 Hotels in Brussels
derbyshire
“Beware!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Where to start! Dont know whether this was the fault of the hotel or Booking.com. We booked a 3 night stay in June 2013. On arrival we wanted to book into our DELUXE room. Our friends decided to book to come with us a few weeks after we booked. They went to their STANDARD room, which turned out to be EXACTLY the same as ours except we had a FREE mini bar which turned out to be only filled up once and then was no more FREE.
The rooms were very nice but how can we have had a DELUXE room when it was the same as the STD. The hotel staff were quite rude when we told them we had booked a DELUXE room and said there was no such thing.
On the other hand the hotel, its surroundings, its breakfast etc were very nice.

We travelled on Eurostar (which we were disappointed with too!) Join the Metro at Gare Du Midi and travel to De Brouckere to be near the hotel when you get off. Little supermarket quite close but bigger one a few minutes walk away.
Metro system was quite clear and precise, used a 72 hour ticket whilst we were there which we paid 14 euros for and was well worth it.
Visit Mannekin Pis, the chocolate shops, Bruges, the Royal Palace, Grand Place, the pubs and restaurants. We had a lovely meal at the Chez Leon restaurant near the Grand Place. Lots of restaurants were touting for business and this one wasnt and it was full. Very nice meal.

Grand Place at night is the place to be. Overall we enjoyed the holiday as we were with friends. Wouldnt have known we didnt have a deluxe room if they hadnt have booked a standard one.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are best. We had one facing other rooms and it was very dark (Room 241)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
PARIS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at the NH Atlanta 3 nights as part of a business trip in Brussels.

The hotel is well situated in the city center, 5mn walk from the Grand Place, which is really nice.

However I've been quite disappointed by the hotel. The interior decoration in the lobby, corridors and rooms is outmoded and would need a big refreshing!
Rooms are quite big for european standards but furnitures date back from the 90' and there is even an old cathodic TV...
The bathroom was clean. I had a bath + a shower, so could choose the one I preferred.

The breakfast buffet was really good with a lot of choice to please all tastes (sweety, salty, fruits, cereals, etc). The breakfast room is in the 9th floor with a wonderful view over Brussels city (and even a terrace to eat outside when the wheather affords it)!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Murcia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel is close to the main amenities of the city. Very big room. Views from the breakfast room are impressive. Minibar was included in the rate. Very good rate for the location of the hotel. Staff were very friendly. Very big room and bathroom.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Marco di Resana, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Perfect position to move around the city: the metro is just out of the hotel.
Even if i didn't know the city center I decided to get to the hotel from the Grand Station by foot as described in their web site. Woww amazing Bruxelles is a maze, and it is poor of indications.
It's really more easy to go around Manhattan.
Hotel very clean, single room, very nice. Fantastic the breakfast on the rooftop terrace. Beautiful view on Bruxelles.

Barcelona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is ok, what you would expect from ab NH. The location us not bad, but not centric. Relatively easy to get to with public transport. It's a good place to stay if your in Brussels on business.

I would have appreciated a better stalked mini-bar, specifically with something to eat.

All in all a good room, in a decent place, at a reasonable price... for brussels

• Stayed April 2013
Sao Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Location is great - right on Bourse Metro station. Rooms are small. Although I guess this is standard in Europe. Mine had a single narrow bed. Breakfast is good. Nothing spectacular. in the morning, shower is not so hot - just warm. Staff said it because hotel was full, but I find it inexcusable and rather ridiculous. They should know it and have a better system, Wouldn't return .

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here for one night in April on business. Very convenient for the tube - literally 2 minutes walk, on the same line as Gare du Midi for Eurostar and on an interchange line so easy to make connections. Before I go on I should say that several colleagues have stayed here and think it's OK, and that actually location is very important. As for the hotel itself.... Well I'm glad I speak French. That's pretty significant given that this is central Brussels and that the number of English speaking guests they have must be significant. Anyway it took ages to check in because the receptionists couldn't work out who I was (even though I could see my reservation written down and pointed to it several times). The hotel room was ridiculously hot and the instructions for cooling it down were unclear. The maintenance man didn't speak English (but then again why would he) and explained that in order to cool the room down I had to turn the heating off completely, not down. The bed was very lumpy and it was difficult to get to sleep, the tv aerial wasn't plugged in but even when I managed to solve this the only British channel I could get was a VERY grainy BBC2. Again, probably doesn't matter if you aren't British or aren't on business, but if you just want to relax for an hour before bed it isn't great. Breakfast was rather odd - we Brits do like our bacon and a nice cooked breakfast is one of the few perks of business travel, but it tasted like paper. And the panoramic view of the city from the breakfast bar was, well, pretty grim actually. When I checked out I was told that there were no additional charges (as I expected) but when I checked my card statement they had taken off the city tax, which should have been charged to the company. They refused to give me a refund - again, I'm glad I speak French because they couldn't speak English well enough to (a) understand my complaint or (b) to spell my surname (which is a very common one). So I'm having to pursue it via my company. In all it wouldn't be a disaster for you to stay here but there are better hotels in Brussels in my view.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else?
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to NH Atlanta Brussels? Share your experiences!