“Pleasant service & food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Spago, a sensuous journey of tastes to La Dolce Vita
Farlington, United Kingdom
“Pleasant service & food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Located 5 mins from the metro & from the iBis hotel, along with street side parking, Spago sits along a small strip of street side restaurants/cafes. Debit & credit cards are accepted here. There is seating outside the front of the establishment or inside, via 2 steps. I am not sure there is any access for wheelchairs in such a case unfortunately.
We were served fairly promptly & politely & orders/drinks/food taken & served in decent time. Our meals were very nicely cooked & well presented. We opted for a shared starter & then our mains. We were too full to have a desert! But they looked very nice - at the next table along! Costings were reasonable for the location.
Would definitely recommend a visit & we noticed the existing 'trip advisor recommended' sticker in the front window too, so good news spreads!
Enjoy!

Visited August 2013

• Greek first
Kortrijk, Belgium
“delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went to Spago by coincidence: our 7 year old and half-Italian nephew was with us and he was desperate for a "spaghetti bolognese". My God, we were so lucky to find Spago on our way! I've been working in Brussels for ages and spent a nice part of my wages in the local restaurants, but boy Spago is one of my faves as an Italian restaurant now! Excellent and warm service, fresh ingredients and truly Italian dishes ( confirmed by my sister who's living with an Italian and is a great cook ). Very reasonable prices, good wine choice, I had rigatoni with eggplant and the others had fresh grilled tuna, while the little boy ate his whole plate, stating quite severely that this was his best spaghetti e-ver ( my sis only got to taste because he wanted her to know how to make his spaghetti in the future - wow. When he went to the wc he asked me "to protect his spaghetti" ). The homemade tiramisú was yummie. I will come back here, it really is a nice place for true Ialian dishes and atmosphere. Also very much in the centre close to Les Halles de Saint-Géry. Congratulations to the chef and staff!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis, IN
“Great Italian in Brussels!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were running into numerous restaurants being closed on a Monday night. We came across Spago and I"m so happy we did! We had great service and excellent food. The wine and beer was great and the bruschetta was excellent (it's a must)!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I 've only been there once and the food was really good, i was impressed. The place was busy and the service wasn't very fast but at least when the food arrived it was very satisfying. I can easily recommend this place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stockholm
“Money well spent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant/trattoria, located in a not-so-busy street in the city center, is a very good italian restaurant. They have an extensive menu of italian food and everything, except for some desserts, is excellent and not very pricey.
The service can be a bit variable, but when the food is so fresh and delicious, it's a fault that you can overlook. It's very busy on weekends, so make sure you either reserve a table or arrive a little bit later or earlier in the evening than most people (their opening hours are a bit more generous than usual for Brussels where restaurant close for order around 2200 in the evening).

• Visited June 2013