“Great Hostel” 5 of 5 stars

Rue de la Sablonniere, 30, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Great Hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stay there for the first time and I loved It so much that I came back for a second stay. The rooms are really comfy, good matress, clean and big. They have free internet (always a plus) and breakfast is great. The staff is always willing to help and they are soooooo nice!!! Totally recommended...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The bar man tried to charge me more than what I had agreed to online when I got there, I disputed it, and he said I can take it up with reception in the morning, which I did. It was fine after that.

The room was a twin. It was roasting! Which, luckily for me, suits me down to the ground, and I forgot my pjs, so it was just as well. The room was very basic, kind of odd with tiles. Nothing much wrong with it, but not the cleanest feeling. The first night (of two) there was a banging noise from something outside my window all night long, which kept me awake. I didn't hear it the second night, though that may have been because I was exhausted.

Breakfast was ok, typical continental I suppose.

The biggest issue for me here was the fact that there was no wifi, except for when you're on the ground floor. I couldn't believe this. It's really an issue the hostel needs to take care of.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed in this hostel with a couple of friends during our school trip to Brussels. The hostel has a very good location the stuff was really friendly and helpfull and the common areas were nice as well. What I really liked was the bar/restaurant; especially the breakfast.
The rooms were OK:-) I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Falmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here this summer during an interrailing trip and it was the first place we stopped off. As my first hosteling experience, I was pleasantly surprised by the place. On arrival staff were friendly, helpful and keen to tell us more about the city. The building was large and the rooms were comfy and equip with decent showers.
The highlight for me was the downstairs bar which also sold food late at night. They stock a really nice selection of Belgian trappist beers as well as your standards such as Leffe, Duvel and Jupiler. There was an outside courtyard area where you could sit and drink which was lovely on warm summer nights.
Overall, a delight to stay at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed in this lovely hostel during my short visit to Belgium in October 2012. Its very clean and convient hostel near to all major tourist spots in Brussels.
Rooms are big;having clean bathrooms. Breakfast served in the morning; its typical European breakfast. They charged me for 22 Euros for one night (check in 3 PM-Check out 11 AM) including breakfast; so its nice deal.
Also; its good staying option even if you are travelling with family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thane, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Unfortunately we stayed at Brussels only for one night, between 04 to 05 oct 2012. We would have loved to stay more at this youth hostel. Its in an amazing location, close to Botanique metro from where you can zip across the city to all major attractions.
Belgian people are very friendly and this reflects in the service provided by the staff. All the receptionist and staff in the breakfast room are very friendly. This hostel property is very nice and clean. There is a nice veradah to lounge outside. The reception area is big and is a great place to meet fellow travellers. The bar seemed decent, but we were short on time to lounge around.
There was a good variety in the breakfast provided and it was wholesome, breakfast room was bright and cheerful. We loved our room, however it was on the other side of the building which was not connected by elevator and we had to carry our luggage all the way up, even the room was a duplex, so that meant one additional flight of stairs to carry luggage, however the room was beautiful, it was huge and exceptional.
Kitchen facility for self catering is pretty good as well.
Dont forget to pick up the free map from the reception area, its amazing – full of local recommendations, witty quotes and knick knacks.
Stay here and you wouldn’t regret your decision! I am definitely coming back for more...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The location is not really close from the center but at least it is in a safe zone.
The receptionist in that time didn´t speak English (I think he didn´t really want it) and he was forcing us to speak French, language none of us spoke! I mean, come on...it is an INTERNATIONAL HOSTEL, why the heck you have people like this, who he didn´t want to so a small effort to help the customers out?

Anyway the rooms where clean and acceptable. The toilettes at least were not shared and you can really rest and sleep here.

I maybe come back here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Jacques Brel Youth Hostel? Share your experiences!