“Good location, very friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Sandton Hotel Pillows Brussels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Rouppe 17, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #17 of 195 Hotels in Brussels
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Good location, very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were very happy In Sandton Pillows Hotel, very friendly staff, nice room and good location.
Very impressed with the service especially as I left my passport in the room. We were informed immediately and the passport was posted to me right away.
Many thanks Pillows!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We arrived late at the hotel because of Eurostar delay, but hotel staff very helpful. Had to change rooms because electricity wasn't working in the one we were allocated, but it was handled efficiently. Very good breakfast. Didn't like the area much, and wouldn't have wanted to walk to the centre at the time we were there, but it's probably better in the daytime.

Room Tip: Rooms at top of hotel have sloping ceilings, and you can't see out of windows.
Newcastle upon Tyne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights and would definitely return. The check in experience was smooth and easy, with a very friendly manager who was also rather funny - it all helps. The whole hotel was immaculately presented and pristine. Our room was wel proportioned with cool and fashionable fittings - bathroom a touch on the small side but no real complaints. Great location - 10 mins walk to the Grand Place and great value too. Great experience thanks.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed in the Sandton Pillows Brussels for 2 nights, and overall I was not impressed. About the only thing positive I can say is that it was not too expensive. Let me describe a few issues.

Upon checking in, we found that our first room had a very noisy ventilation fan (whirring with a high-pitch whine). The reception desk employee didn't seem to care about it, but was able to get us changed. The second room seemed fine at first, but upon return after dinner that evening we found that you could hear neighboring rooms extremely easily--even very light conversation, let alone anything else. So we were moved again to another floor. This room was pretty quiet, but that wasn’t the end of the troubles.

The room we ultimately had was at the bottom of some flight of steps--after taking the elevator, you still need to descend some stairs. That would be OK, except that the hallway lights are on a motion sensor. The motion sensor is near the elevator, quite a distance from the room door. So, when you exit the room to go to the elevator, it’s almost pitch dark in the hallway. The sensor does not detect you until you are already at the top of the stairs. My wife tripped on the stairs a couple of times. They also use motion sensor lights in the shower and toilet stalls (two separate “water closets”). The sensor cannot detect you when you’re in the shower, though, so it would go dark every 1-2 minutes. You could only get the light back on by waving your hand over the top of the glass shower door. Luckily I’m tall enough, but too bad for the petite people or any children who get surprised by it.

Did I mention there is no kettle in the room to make tea or coffee? That alone wouldn’t be so bad if there were alternatives provided. For example, I stayed in a Motel One before and it doesn’t have kettles; but they would have coffee and hot water in the lobby with easy access. At this Hotel Sandton, the hotel staff always gave me different information about the coffee or tea. One lobby employee was very nice and carried up tea and coffee to our room for free (he almost tripped on the dark stairs, too). Another employee told me they would only give me coffee if I paid. Yet another employee gave me the coffees, but later asked me my room number so I could be charged. What a mess. All in all I wish I had either gone with a different budget hotel or just booked a bit more for a more proper hotel.

Room Tip: If you do choose this place, be mindful about any mobility issues with your room and be careful in t...
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel has an excellent location, most attractions are walking distance and surrounding the hotel tons of bars and restaurants.
Room extremely comfortable, recently renewed and modern.
The staff was great, very helpful.
Only issue for me is that as a four star hotel I expected it to have room service and a restaurant for dinner.
Would stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
PeterHesp, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Pillows Brussels, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Sunny R,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am glad our central location could suit you. As for the rooms, it's been only 2 years since we opened, and this is the reason everything in the hotel is renewed. Good that the staff has been helpful as well.
I would like to thank you for your positive feedback about the restaurant, the chances are high that a restaurant will open at Pillows after Summer. We hope to welcome you soon to let you have a taste ! With very kind regards,

Peter Hesp - General Manager

Would stay there again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Nice small hotel, very well situated, within walking distance from museums and the main shopping area. Friendly staff and stylish interior. Superb bed you will sleep like a baby. Excellent breakfast and restaurant. Thoroughly recommend this hotel!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
PeterHesp, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Pillows Brussels, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Mr Nigel B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review on Tripadvisor.com
I will share your comments with my entire team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of them as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Nice boutique hotel for a good price, and in a great location (close to the train station, close to city centre). Nice rooms as well. I didn't have the breakfast, so can't comment on that.

However, I have to say the staff was just great. I left my perfume in the room, and I came back a few days later for it. They found it, and gave it back. I then proceeded downstairs to use the toilets, and took off my engagement ring to wash my hands. Then, I forgot to put the ring back on and proceeded to leave the hotel. An hour later, I realised that my ring was missing, and I had to run back to the hotel. The same cleaning lady who found my perfume, also found my ring, and told me calmly (while I was freaking out) to go to the reception & everything would be alright. Sure enough, she handed in my ring to the reception, and I got it back. Phew, so I'm a total idiot, but if it weren't for the fantastic staff, who knows what would have happened....

I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs Jenzee,

I am really glad to read you enjoyed our quality of services and our central location in Brussels.
Fortunately we have found your engagement ring and parfum. It is always a pleasure to be able to help our guests.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back soon at the Sandton Pillows Brussels Hotel

Been to Sandton Hotel Pillows Brussels? Share your experiences!