“Clean comfortable hotel in a central location.” 4 of 5 stars

Sandton Hotel Pillows Brussels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Rouppe 17, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #17 of 195 Hotels in Brussels
Aberdeenshire
“Clean comfortable hotel in a central location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great hotel within easy walking distance of the railway station (Eurostar trip). Clean, comfortable, and contemporary but also quiet. Didn't eat here so can't comment on the food. Staff were very helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is modern, clean and the room I had was very spacious. The staff speak English and are friendly. The blonde reception (i think her name was Annaliese) is absolutely amazing - she is one of the nicest hotel staff I have ever met and always happy to help out guests. The breakfast was good - there was some variety between hot (pancakes, eggs) and cold (fruit, yoghurt) etc. Internet was very fast - which is great. There is also a computer available on the bottom level that guests can use and I was able to email information (boarding passes) to reception and they printed it off for me.

There were only two things that didn't make this place awesome; one was that I could hear the street noise on the weekend (there are a couple of places around the hotel where people can drink) and I am someone who really appreciates a good sleep. In saying this I think I should have expected it as it was in the hub of things. The other was that whenever I left the room (and took out the key), on return the place smelt really bad which I think was coming through the air-con. Once the air-conditioner was back on it soon left the room. For me, it was not worth complaining about as it was only temporary.

For the gay traveller, this is in a perfect location - maximum 10 minutes walk to the clubs and 'gay district'. I would say the hotel is welcoming of everyone and was gay-friendly.

It's worth the stay!

Room Tip: If you really enjoy a good sleep make sure you get a room that doesn't look onto the main street...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at Sandton for two weeks and were very pleased with our stay.

Sandton Hotel is located approximately a half an hour drive from the Brussels International Airport in Zaventem. We rented a car because even though we stayed in Brussels we were traveling to various cities in Germany, Belgium and Holland every other day. If you are planning to stay in Brussels only do not even think about renting a car. It is absolutely not worth it. Parking is very expensive (19 euros per day) and hard to find. Brussels is absolutely impossible to navigate without GPS. If you decide to rent a car anyway, don't leave the airport without a GPS device. I can guarantee you that you will be lost in this city like you have never been lost before. In my opinion the best option to get from the airport to the hotel is by taxi.

We thought that Sandton Hotel has the perfect location. It is close to everything but at the same time you are not in the middle of constant crowds like some other hotels that we saw right next to the Grand Place. It takes about 15 minutes from the hotel to walk to The Grand Place , Manneken Pis, and the central railroad station. It would take 20 - 25 minutes walk to get to Sablon. We never used our car or any kind of public transportation when we were in Brussels. We walked everywhere. So i would highly advise you to bring very comfortable previously worn walking shoes!!!!

Our room was on the fifth floor. The room was clean and it provided us with everything we needed. The shower was a little bit tricky to use at first because they have motion activated lights. The light would go off while you are taking a shower. Don't panic . All you have to do is to pull the shower door slightly towards yourself in order for the light to turn back on. The bed was very soft and comfortable. We did not have a chance to try the breakfast at the hotel because i had an extensive list of various restaurants and cafes in Brussels we wanted to visit.
The staff at the hotel was really friendly, polite and helpful. Everyone we talked to was very nice. Actually that applies to the people of Brussels. In fact we did not encounter any kind of rude or unfriendly behavior from anyone we talked to.

As i've mentioned before Brussels is not a very easy place to navigate. I don't even know how many times we were lost or could not find a certain point of interest we were looking for and we had to ask for help from locals. Everyone was really friendly with us. Before coming to Brussels we read a number of negative reviews about this city. We could not disagree more with that. We found Brussels to be a very charming and welcoming city and local people are nothing but friendly and polite. Actually we liked Brussels so much that we might visit it again . And if we will come back we would definitely stay again at Sandton Hotel Pillows.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very modern and clean. The rooms are a decent size with a big comfortable bed and immaculate decor. The shower is huge and the staff really friendly and helpful. I really liked this hotel and have several business trips to brussels planned soon so I will be staying here again.

I would have given 5 stars but there are just a couple of minor points that I feel are worth mentioning:-
The pillows are deep but quite small and there was only 2 in the room, some spares would have been nice.
The light in the shower room and toilet is on a timer to save electricity, which is very frustrating after 2 minutes in the shower and your plunged into darkness.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here in April this year and we really enjoyed it! This is a small & charming boutique gem! Sandton Hotel Pillows Brussels is the ideal place to stay for a city break or business trip! The rooms are very clean, comfortable and affordable. Breakfast is also very good! We definitely come back and can really recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

After a conference, a colleague and I were staying in Brussels for two days. We had not seen the city before and only had a couple places in mind. The friendly receptionist gave us a map and took the time to draw out the locations and how to get there using the map. The next morning I went own to the lobby to do some work before my colleague woke up, the receptionists offered me a very delicious coffee. Overall this hotel has helpful staff, comfortable rooms, and a great location for the price. I will be staying here again for my next trip to Brussels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My spouse and I stayed for a week while visiting family. We went on to Rome for several days and returned to the Sandton Hotel Pillows Brussels for several more days before heading home. We were very happy with both stays. Our flight to Brussels arrived fairly early in the day. We knew we could not check in until 3pm but we stopped by the hotel to be sure. We could not check in early but the staff did hold our luggage allowing us to explore the city a bit prior to checking in. The room was very pleasant. The shower was fantastic and the bed was large and comfortable. The staff was very helpful with information and securing taxis for our travel. We did not try the breakfast buffet until our return stay. It was incredible. There was a large selection of hot and cold items. Various fresh breads and pastries along with the best preserves I have ever had. The coffee was also very good. We were even allowed to have breakfast a bit early on our last morning as we had an early flight. Our stay could not have been better. Thank you to all the staff at Sandton Hotel Pillows.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandton Hotel Pillows Brussels? Share your experiences!