“Modern, Luxurious and Affordable Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Sandton Hotel Pillows Brussels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Rouppe 17, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #17 of 195 Hotels in Brussels
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Modern, Luxurious and Affordable Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I can't really say much more that the other positive reviews have...this hotel was great. I spent a total of 4 nights at this hotel and it definitely lived up to all my expectations. Situated about 15 minutes away (walking) from Brussel Midi station this hotel is the perfect location for exploring the city. The Grand Place is about a 6 minute walk away from the hotel (you even walk by the Manneken Pis on the way there!) and about a 30 minute walk to the EU Parliament. The hotel neighbors a two Michelin star restaurant (Comme chez Soi), a great burger cafe (HoutSiPlou), a bar. There are also a number of corner-shops nearby to buy supplies, etc.

The room was spacious and clean with a very modern color scheme. The room included a nice, big dresser with quality clothes hangers, mini fridge, flat screen TV, free WiFi, etc. My room even had a small balcony! The only thing that was kind of strange for me was that the toilet and the shower/sink were different rooms (within my room), but it made no difference to me. Also, the shower leaked into the rest of the bathroom, as it has a floating glass door. But as long as you put down the provided floor mat, it's manageable. The housekeeping did a great job as well!

Be sure to get the Club Lounge when you book. As the other reviewers have noted, you get free food and alcohol throughout the day which wound up saving me quite a bit of money! My first day there I sat down at the bar, ordered a beer (they have a decent variety of alcohol) and was served a nice platter of hors d'oeuvre (which they proceeded to top up as I finished!). The bar isn't huge but there was always enough room to enjoy the drinks/food while doing work on my laptop.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with my experience at the Sandton Pillows Hotel in Brussels. I truly feel that I got my money's worth and would certainly return again and again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
PeterHesp, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Pillows Brussels, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you very much for this beautiful and motivating review. We may use parts of it for our own website!

About the Club Lounge: yes, you are right. This service is excellent value for money... breakfast, pre-dinner drinks, little apetizers and afternoon tea... etc. Everything included at a little extra. This service can be reserved upon check in.

Once more, thank you very much for this review. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly or via our own website for your next reservation.

Peter Hesp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Delighted to be able to check in early (11am). Given complimentary drinks on arrival as it was my husband's birthday. We had the lounge package, which didn't include breakfast - but we were given vouchers for this for both mornings. Can't praise the hotel or staff enough. Only negative was an occasional musty smell in the lift. Pleased to be able to have use of our room until 2pm (no extra charge) on our day of departure. Shame not many people used the bar in the evening. Disappointed with Brussels - looked scruffy and very dirty. Would love to see more of these hotels open in other parts of Europe.

Dear Guest,

What can I say... Thank you very much for this nice review!
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

For info: next week we will start of with some delicious cocktails!

About Brussels: Please be convinced that is not that dirty as you experienced. In fact: it's very nice. We'd be happy to indicate some beautiful corners / areas for your next stay.... I am sure it will make you change your mind.

Please feel free to contact me for your next stay!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

On arrival at the hotel (3 hours before official check-in) we were warmly welcomed, our luggage stored and given a map and some advise on exploring the local area.

We returned around 4pm and were directed to our room, the room was immaculate, and the bed very comfy :-)

We had read a few conflicting reviews about the hotel when booking and I have to say (having worked in 5 star hotels in the UK for 15 years) I could not fault a thing!

If we are to return to Brussels I would not look anywhere else.

What fabulous 3 days!

Room Tip: We stayed in 106, looking at the floorplan all rooms seemed to be of a similar layout. The hote...
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed for two nights and booked the Lounge package which gave free use of the bar between 6pm and 9pm, the rooms were comfortable warm and spacious although the lights in the bathroom and toilet are all on sensors so keep moving. Staff are friendly breakfast was extensive and freshly prepared, the only thing lacking was a few more guests in the bar at night but I guess when you are 15 minutes walk from the centre then its easy to go out into the city. Only has about 50 rooms some over look the square we had room 102 and although a little bigger than some it can be a little noisy, on the whole great little hotel and great value for money.

Bucks, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Well located within 10 minutes walk of the midi (Eurostar) station, and same to old town centre. The hotel looks newly refurbished and room and common areas are all clean and comfortable. Excellent buffet breakfast (which we added for a small supplement within our HotelClub deal), and friendly and efficient service. The only negative is the decor. Obviously subjective, but to this reviewer it was a tasteless mishmash of garish styles. Maybe it was supposed to be making a clever post-modern statement, but to us it was pretty hideous. Still, it was certainly a talking point and didn't spoil our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PeterHesp, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Pillows Brussels, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay in our hotel and your comment on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that liked your stay, our service and the quality of the hotel.

And yes, you are right: our decor is very special. We tried to be different and it leaves no one indifferent! we got many positive comments on the art and I agree that's it's a matter of taste.
I am happy it was a talking point.

For your next stay feel free to reserve directly via our website or by mail with me personally. I would be happy to offer the aperitif and discuss the art!

Anyhow, we are sure that you will have a very pleasant stay again.

Peter.hesp@sandton.eu
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel is the best in Brussels, staff friendly and helpful, room was amazing, breakfast lovely. I cannot fault this hotel in anyway. If i went back it would be to this hotel only! The other hotels around looked scruffy from the outside. Its about a 15/20 min walk from Eurostar and then from the hotel about a 10 min walk to the beautiful musems. There is a shopping center with over 140 shops about a 20 min walk from the hotel too.
Brussels itself is dirty, i'm sorry to say it but it is, there is women and children begging in the streets, grafiti everywhere, rubbish everywhere. The hotel needs picking up and moving to a nice place in Belgium. I wont be visiting Brussels again but i would go back to Belgium and visit other places.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Even on a Friday night at 9PM the staff was still friendly and checked us in.
We had a room on the first floor and looked very nice, facing a quiet street with an office at the opposite side. However there was no information to be found about checkout times, phone numbers, etc. which you normally expect but that was ok.

The room looked like if the build was finished in a rush, some details were overlooked and the paintjob was a bit sloppy. A funny detail was that there was no light switch for the toilet and bathroom, which was odd. When you take a long shower the light suddenly went out.

As mentioned by some others, the cleaning could be a bit better and the mattrasses looked like it had a dent. If you compare this sandton hotel with the one in Ghent, I'd say the one in Ghent is better.

The area looks a bit dodgy but nothing happend. Besides that, it is situated very centrally and on walking distance from the interesting spots

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sandton Hotel Pillows Brussels? Share your experiences!