“Perfect location, nice hotel BUT ... terrible dinner!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #81 of 195 Hotels in Brussels
“Perfect location, nice hotel BUT ... terrible dinner!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed there two nights, I have chosen it since it is very close to the EU meeting I had to attend. It was exactly as I expected, as part of a very well established brand of hotels. Room was nice, clean and comfortable. Basic internet connection is free and more than enough for my working purposes. Breakfast was good, I just tried the continental one but variety of options was wide and I appreciated it. BUT … Since I arrived late the first night I had my dinner at the hotel and that was a very bad choice. I have taken a simple omelet but it seemed not fresh at all, the fries were not fried but a poor version of McCaine oven baked potatoes and the pie of the day tasted not fresh at all. SUGGESTION: choose it as a hotel, but skip the dinner 

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Located just down from the Schuman roundabout and the Commission, this hotel is comfortable and handy for work purposes.

Staff were friendly. Dinner was decent. Buffet breakfast of good quality as well.

Free wifi not great. Just basic connection for websites, so no facetime/skype available. €9 a day for faster looked like a rip off.

Godalming, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We chose this hotel for it' s convenient and quiet location. Staff were very friendly and helpful; our room very pleasant and comfortable. Breakfast is good with plenty of choice. The whole area is presently undergoing major works both above and under ground. However, this did not inconvenience us. There is a superb park nearby where we enjoyed several lovely walks in the last of the beautiful Indian summer weather.
We should also mention the excellent free guided walk which leaves Grand Place every day at 11.00. The knowledge of Brussels displayed by our young guide, Mick, was second to none.

• Stayed November 2014
Bucharest, Romania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We've stayed at this hotel this December and we can say we are deeply disappointed with the facilities provided here.

First of all, and most important, there was no heating in the room. We've told them about this issue twice and the staff seemed to already know about the problem. When they sent someone to check the heating, he lied to our faces and told us that the key is to not push the On/Off button (as mentioned in the instructions). Just set the temperature and wait for the heat to settle in. We've waited three nights and guess what...no heating! We managed to somehow set the temperature (by turning the on button obviously), but it would work only for half and hour and that's it (for the entire night). The air was dry due to the ventilation during this time, our faces were burning and, of course, no sleep for us. The sheets froze during the night and woke me up constantly.

So...no heating in December!

The furniture was old, but this didn't bother us as much as the dirty chairs did (see the photo) and ripped towels (see the photos). They simply don't respect their guests.

The breakfast was decent and the location good for visiting the city. But this hotel is definitely not value for money (it's more a low budget hostel).

All in all, Holiday Inn ruined our Brussels Christmas Market trip for us. Only Bruges managed to save the day (one day)...until the night came and we had to return to our freezing room.

Not cool! We didn't expect this from a Holiday Inn!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
DhrDVerniers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear MariaAlina

Thank you for taking your time and trouble to write a review about our hotel. I'm terrible sorry that you experienced a dissapointing stay.

The malfunctioning heating in this particular room was dealt with by our external contractor. Individual heaters are ordered to provide guests an immediate solution when a room airco system shows a failure.

I regret the way of communication and follow-up. These issues are being addressed as well to avoid this unprofessional behaviour from happening again.

With renewed apologies, I do hope that Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman remains your destination when staying and Brussels so that we can proof that staying with us can be very enjoyable. Don't hesitate to contact me for further information via gm@hibrusselsschuman.com.

Bruges, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've booked this hotel so I could finally cross off that visit to the Magritte Museum I was wanting to do already for a long time.
The hotel is a typical Holiday Inn near the governement area of Brussels. Before going, I've mailed the hotel for some instructions to get there by public transportation but I never got any reply. It would have saved us some time.
TIP: Get off at Brussels Centraal to switch to Metro.. I got off at Brussels MIDI .. but then you have to change metrolines.
The hotel itself is located very close to the Schuman metro stop / train station so that is ideal. Desk staff (Jeremy) was very friendly and helpfull.. his coworker whom he asked if the 1st floor rooms were ready however was very rude and impolite in the way she answered him.
Room was very nice ... maybe the bathroom needs some refurbishement but that is because I'm comparing to HIE Rotterdam which we visited recently which had brilliant new bathrooms.
Two small minor mishaps though:
TV did not work as it have the message that the room was not checked in. I didn't call reception for that as we weren't there to watch TV.
Coffee and Tea making facilities were hidden away in the closet!!! Discovered them upon leaving!!! This is really a pitty. There was a small table in the room.. THE SPOT to put them. It would have been an extra value.. now it was just a missed opportunity. Keep those things in sight!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Slagelse, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

rooms on 3rd floor - used. Good breakfast and belgian beer in the bar, one survives a couple of days.........200 characters..a bit more needed....lame rule...come on!...very close to skipping the review

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Thomas L

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman and I'm happy to read that we serve a good breakfast and Belgian beers.

Sorry that you slept in a non-renovated room. We will have our last ones renovated in Augustus 2015.

I do hope that Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman remains your destination when staying in Brussels. Don't hesitate to contact me via gm@hibrusselsschuman.com for any further information.

Farnham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So, I know Brussels is expensive but all you ask for his some value for money - here is my story of yesterday's visit to this hotel.
Item 1: 'Sir, sir...' as I got in to the lift - 'I have given you the wrong room key please come back to reception'
2: Lunch room service - asking for Tagliatelle, ' you have the old menu sir',..."but I have the one you have left in the room"..
3: Amenity details in room say mini-gym is in room 701.... I was in room 701!
4: Mini - gym is an overstatement, a former bedroom (801!) and only one small unit, no mat, no free weights, no cardio machines no..... that is mini!
5: Ordering dinner by room service; 'you can't have orange juice it is on the old menu' - " but you gave me some at lunch!. Tea with milk please - no milk.
6: Putting my tray from dinner outside my room, as requested, at 8.30pm it was still there when I checked out this morning at 8.45 am
7: WiFi policy is free access for very slow option, anything 'normal speed' you pay extra ... in this day and age?
8: TV - free access to two English channels, pay extra to any extra.....
9: And lastly - took a water out of the mini bar this morning, cap not sealed and tasted horrible - you work it out.
Tonight I go to Holiday Inn, Amsterdam Arena ... I wonder?

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
DhrDVerniers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Trace N

First of all I like to thank you for taking your time and trouble to write such a detailed review about Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman. Thanks to your comments it allows us to improve our product and services.

Still it’s disappointing to read that several things went wrong during your stay. Please let me take the opportunity to apologize for all the inconvenience that has been caused.

All menus in the rooms will be verified, orange juice will be offered at all times even when it's not on the menu, the directory of services will be changed with correct mini-gym information, room-service trays will be collected in the evening and more attention will be paid to the products in the minibar.

2 devices of our mini-gym are being repaired at the moment. I do guarantee during your next stay that you will have more choice.

With renewed apologies, I do hope that Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman remains your destination during your next stay in Brussels.

Mr. Dominique Verniers

Been to Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman? Share your experiences!