“Good thai food in a cosy restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #987 of 2,506 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Asian fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good thai food in a cosy restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

It is a cosy place with friendly staff. The satay chicken is good and the red curry chicken was really thai style. It is a good choice for a nice evening. It is not outstanding but has a good quality-price-relation.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Parma, Italy
“A good thai dinner in Bruxelles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had a dinner here at the end of a seminar in Bruxelles. I was just looking for a relatively cheap dinner in Place Saint-Catherine. It was my first time at a Thai restaurant. Food was delicious and spicy, exactly as I imagined thai cuisine to be. The restaurant was quite empty, so service was very fast. Furniture was relatively old, nonetheless the atmosphere was very nice. I think I would come there back, in case of a dinner in the Sainte-Catherine neighbourhoods.

• Visited March 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Don't be put off by appearance, the food is excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This looked rather like the kind of place where one would drink a lot of over-priced fruity cocktails, and a bit scruffy at that. But it was a very cold January night and as I don't eat fish, most of the places around the Place Sainte-Catherine did not appeal. But I was very pleasantly surprised by the menu which included dishes somewhat more innovative than the standard Thai fare. And the food was excellent - really good chicken satay (OK, I know that's very standard, but I do like them and this was a really good example with a really good rich peanut sauce). Then I had a beef dish with caramelized onions and green peppers, again in a rich and spicy sauce (not a peanut sauce this time!). I really enjoyed my meal. Service was very friendly and prompt - there were only a few other diners, but I suspect that was because it was a freezing Monday night in January. So I can't comment on what service is like when they are busy, but I was very happy by the end of my meal.

• Visited January 2013
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, hideously overworked staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is part of the Blue Elephant group of restaurants which I am rather partial to and the food is as good as at any of the other restaurants. The atmosphere is rather nice - "mood" lighting unlike so many Belgian restaurants which feel like you are eating in the full glare of the afternoon sun they are so brightly lit.

Food was absolutely delicious and sensibly priced so no complaints there. However the meal was ruined by the awful service we received - over two and a half hours for a basic two course meal does not cut it (and I had to get up and ask for drinks/main meal/the bill otherwise it would have taken far longer). I don't blame the staff for this as they were working as hard as they could but there were only 3 of them for a rather large establishment on a very busy Saturday evening (it is Christmas market season and the restaurant is on the main square where the market is held). As this is an annual event presumably the owners knew about this in advance and decided to short staff the place anyway.

It's a shame but I will not be returning

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The 4 of us went to to this restaurant on a Saturday night. It is not busy between 6-8, so it is easy to get a table without a reservation. The soups are a bit pricey, but very tasty. Everyone of us ordered a different main dish and all of us really enjoyed what they ordered, the duck and the seabass in a banana leaf are delicious. The place is not cheap, but we had a very good time with great food and would recommend it.

• Visited November 2012