“Better than the standard business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #6 of 194 Hotels in Brussels
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Better than the standard business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here for one night for a business meeting. The hotel is well placed geographically with plenty of bars and shops nearby. It is immediately next to a lot of the high-end shops.
I’m not sure what parking is like but my cab had to squeeze into a small gap outside the hotel where cars were double-parked.

Check in was quick and efficient and I requested a high room for the views. These are spectacular so would recommend going high. The lifts appear to be well serviced and I never had to wait for more than a few seconds.

The standard rooms are excellent with good amenities and definitely one of the higher end business hotels. There is a Nespresso machine in the room with a few pods and a mini bar with complementary drinks (two bottles of water, soda, one beer and a white and red bottle of wine – nice touch). There is also free standard wifi in all of the rooms. You can upgrade to faster wifi if needed.

The bar and restaurant were both good with quite a lively atmosphere in both. Breakfast was standard buffet quality but good.

I would come back to this restaurant rather than one of the more traditional chains in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Bryn_Smithson-Jones

Thank you for your sparkling review of ‘The Hotel’ & ‘The Restaurant by Pierre Balthazar’.

I hope we are able to welcome you back in Brussels in the near future. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via yves.frateur@thehotel.be, if I can assist you with anything.

PS: The Hotel has a convenient and secure underground parking lot with 130 spaces, large enough to accommodate your car and those of your guests. :-)

The Hotel. Brussels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed there for more than one time. For business reasons. It was very clean with the amenities a person needs. Coffee in the room, beverages refreshed every day. The gym was nice with energy drinks available and free of charge for the residents of the hotel. The view was marvelous. It is an expensive hotel but definitely worths its money.

Room Tip: Prefer to book rooms with view to Grand Plaza. Plus, rooms in higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Chrissie2012

I’m proud to receive your excellent 5-star feedback regarding your recent experiences, and I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

A divine hotel with delightful staff and all the features you could want. Stay here! Rooms were beautifully appointed, the free mini bar was a bit disappointing, but hey, it's free so hard to complain. Breakfast a bit overpriced to be honest but the staff were fabulous and the general quality excellent.

Dear Ally C

Thanks for your superb review of The Hotel. If you are planning to return to Brussels, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via yves.frateur@thehotel.be. I would love to assist you with your next reservation.

Niederanven, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very good location in the city with excellent connections to all important spots, wether touristic or shopping. Executive rooms have a wonderful view over the city and the lounge is a real delight. Service is perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Polidoroff G

Thanks for your perfect review of The Hotel & the services that we provide. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel during your next visit to Brussels.

Have a splendid day!

Antwerpen, België
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

At arrival we started with a hick up as our room was not ready yet at 6pm due to a late check out of a previous guest. We received the offer to have a drink in the lounge bar at the 24th floor. There the bottle of champagne was empty. It took while before we got settled. But the manager dealt with the issue as a professional. Once we got the rooms it was an unfortable stay. What a top class room and what a stunning view! The rest of the stay was top.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear olivier120995

I’m proud to read that you enjoyed your stay in The Hotel. Thanks for your 5-star review of your recent stay in Brussels.

If I can be of any assistance, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via yves.frateur@thehotel.be.

Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We noted that the shower door didn't close causing flooding. The toilet leaked. We reported this thinking that it would be repaired. We were asked to shift rooms on our own without any compensation.
I then wanted another 3 nights accommodation. I looked at the hotel's website & noted the tariff. Upon requesting a quote from reception I was to be charged more than on website. I had to query this & it wasn't until I stood my ground that I was offered same as website.
If I was in charge, I would have let the customer stay in the same room as a goodwill gesture of having to deal with shower & toilet problems. Instead I was charged full rate & moved rooms twice in 5 days.

Dear Mccahey D

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I’m so disappointed to see that your stay at The Hotel didn’t live up to your expectations, and I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for that!

Please don’t hesitate to contact me via yves.frateur@thehotel.be. I would like to receive more information about your stay, so I can set things straight.

We continuously strive to provide an excellent guest service, and I hope you give us the opportunity to prove our customer care to you.

Dudelange, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Perfect for a short or long stay. Close to everything. We had a corner deluxe room on the 21nd floor. Fitness and lounge bar included. Next time I'll stay in Buxelles, it's going to be the The Hotel for sure. 3 minor misshaps that could be imrpoved: the windows are not new, so the nearby hospital and the traffic is very loud for a late morning sleep, and like most of the hotels, the eternal noise of the ventilation (always the reason I give - one star)but the bed is very comfy and the morning buffet can't mesure up with the rest of the The Hotel, but then again you have the lounge bar (everything for free).

Dear Franck G

Thank you for reviewing your stay in a Deluxe Panorama room on the 21st floor. I appreciate your constructive feedback, which allows us to further improve The Hotel experience.

If you are planning to return to Brussels, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via yves.frateur@thehotel.be, so I can assist you with your next reservation.

The Hotel. Brussels

Been to The Hotel - Brussels? Share your experiences!