“Great Hotel with heavy blankets” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #10 of 194 hotels in Brussels
Research Triangle Park
“Great Hotel with heavy blankets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Overall this was a very great hotel, and the service was impeccable. The only problem was that the room was too hot and there was no air conditioning. Even with the heat turned completely in the off position, the cover on the bed was too heavy. There was no way to open a window. Many hotels have a spare light blanket available. Instead I got a bedsheet from the front desk. The bedsheet was enough by itself (that's how hot it was), but it would have been nice to have a light blanket as an option. In defense of The Hotel, having very thick bedding is a trend for some reason in hotels. The food in The Restaurant was excellent as well - I tend to not eat in the hotel in which I am staying, but I made an exception and it was great. Breakfast was great as well - nothing that is not standard for a good Euriopean hotel, but plenty of well-stocked options. If I have another meeting in Brussels, I would definitely consider staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Brune P

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in The Hotel.

I’m sorry to read that you were inconvenienced by the room temperature. I would like to inform you that our Housekeeping staff will gladly assist you when notified. Please don’t hesitate to contact my colleagues during your stay, so that they can find an appropriate solution for your request.

We have one floor (16th) where the rooms can be opened. If in the future you would prefer a room on this floor please let me know via yves.frateur@thehotel.be so I can add this to your personal preferences.

I’m delighted to hear that you found The Restaurant and our breakfast great. Thank you for sharing your positive experiences, this means a lot to us.

Together with my colleagues I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel!

1,110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Clamart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The rooms and the view are fantastic.
The breakfast is excellent: lots of choices, delicious meals (smoothies, fruits salad, ...) in a quiet environment with a nice view on a park.
Parking very useful, near the station, and near the center by foot.
Perfect stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Dear marbotdevercherem

Thank you for your perfect review! I hope we are able to welcome you back to The Hotel during your next stay in Brussels. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch via yves.frateur@thehotel.be, so I can make your next stay a full 5 star experience.

Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

You really want to spend days there!! I stayed for only one night and just wished I was staying in Brussels longer to enjoy all the facilities offered by the hotel.

The only downside was the business lunch I had at The Restaurant, that was a bit expensive for what it was...

Dear Cabaret A

Thank you for your kind compliments, and the 5 star review.

I would love to welcome you back to The Hotel, so you can discover & enjoy all the facilities of The Hotel. Don’t hesitate to get in touch via yves.frateur@thehotel.be, so I can assist you with your next stay in Brussels. :-)

Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Nice modern hotel, fast check in. Had a panorama suite, very nice, great shower. Free mini bar with moet chandon, wines etc. The lounge is ok, good beverages. Not too much food. Sauna and gym are great allthough sauna to cold.

Room Tip: Panorama suite
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear PD7402

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay in our Panorama Suite. I’m content to read you enjoyed your suite and the complimentary facilities. I noted your feedback about the Lounge and the Urban Spa, and I will discuss this internally.

I look forward to welcoming you in our wonderful city again. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if I can assist you with anything.

Have a sparkling day!

Bucarest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The hotel looks completely different from what I remembered (I was here before, maybe 2 years ago), it's completely renovated in a very modern style. Beautiful view, very good location, excellent service. I really enjoyed my stay to The Hotel!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Cercel L

Thank you so much for your sparkling 5 star review.

We did recently finalize our refurbishment, and now The Hotel is a premium landmark hotel of the European capital. I’m proud to read that you like the inspirational, elegant and cosmopolitan design.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch via yves.frateur@thehotel.be, so I can make your next stay even more enchanting.

Rennes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My only gripe with this otherwise very good hotel is the breakfast. The hotel prides itself on having a fancy restaurant, but then breakfast is pretty limited and run-of-the-mill. At 25 euros, it's way beyond expensive for what it is!
Otherwise, nice room, nice fitness room (with a great view & free drinks), decent & free wifi.

Dear Kanelboller

Thank you for reviewing The Hotel. We are glad that you have taken the time to share your experience with us. I take note of your honest feedback about our breakfast, and I will discuss it internally in order to improve it further.

Your highlights of the room, the Urban Spa & Fitness, and the complimentary WiFi is kindly appreciated.

We hope we may welcome you again to The Hotel when you are back in Brussels.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We live in brussel but we just want to have a little getaway. That's why I select The hotel to give a treat to my charming wife and indeed it was delighful. We have been upgraded thanks to the eStandby Upgrade and can enjoy a suite who gives a amazing view on brussel. Moreover I've booked a massage for both of us after enjoying the sauna/ hammam.

The service is excellent and very natural.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Fmelle

Thank you for your kind words, and the 5 star rating. We are proud to read that your romantic getaway in The Hotel resulted in a perfect stay. It will be my pleasure to welcome you again to The Hotel in the future. :-)

Have a great day!

The Hotel. Brussels

Been to The Hotel - Brussels? Share your experiences!