“Always a great, warm experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
bruxelles
“Always a great, warm experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

With a neighborhood feel, this Resto and Caffe vinoteca is supplemented by a great traiteur area. Always a delight for eye and taste. Grazie Mille!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Amman, Jordan
“Overpriced for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We chose this place when walking by as it has a wine bar attached to it. The menu looked nice so we asked for a reservation the next night and were only able to get seats at the kitchen bar. The selection, very limited looked good but that is where it ended. We got our first course quickly but then waited 45 minutes for the main course. Mine was overcooked even though we watched it prepared. The head waiter is a bit surly but that is not why we were not satisfied. Their slimmed down menu was well thought out but since everyone had similar dishes, things were precooked especially the shrimp I had with my pasta. Too bad because it could have been better. Lots of action but not a great value of the money spent. Will not go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Simply nice...and good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went with my boyfriend for the very first time to the Caffe Al Dente during the lunch time on the weekend around 1.30pm. The Caffe has two rooms: the first one is related to a shop at the entrance and decorated with boxes of wines, and the second one is for the evening service. I had a tomatoes and mozzarella meal. The dressing was simple but tasty and what I liked was they served you some bread with olive oil. It is kind of expensive compared with what you can get at other Italian restaurants but I really had a great moment with my boyfriend.
The negative points are that the restaurant is located in the south of Brussels, quite far from everything, and the prices of the meals.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brussels, Belgium
“Simply the place not to be: Pricey for what you get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Quite far from the city center (if reached by public transports) we have been to Caffè al Dente yesterday evening just to have a quick apero. The space is not really well exploited/organised: there are bottles of wine stocked on the floor and cases of water piled up next to tables. The service is fair. They let you taste the wine before making a choice. We finally went for a middle range option (glasses start from 4.30€ up to 13€). We had 2 (half) glass (8€ each) of passable wine and a 'plate' of 3 different types of cheese (8€!): quite good cheese indeed but the portion was ridiculous. The wine was ok but 25€ for all this is to me way too much. I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Nice lunch on Saturday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been going to this restaurant for some time, and agree with other reviewers that the service can be patchy and it is definitely not cheap, for what you get. In the evening the best thing is to ensure you get there early. We occasionally go for lunch on Saturday, as we did last weekend. This takes place in the back of the shop. There are some high wooden tables and a counter. The choice is limited in terms of food - but I find the quality excellent. We had 'pannini', which are not your normal plastic flat sandwich, but very tasty fine ingredients on ciabatta. I had tuna, and my mum had the prosciutto crudo. They were delicious and served with a small fresh salad and a small bowl of olive oil. We had 2 glasses of red wine, half a litre of water and two macchiato coffees. The service was good - although we arrived just at the end of lunch, so most people were leaving already. We paid about 35 euros.

• Visited November 2012