“Dreadful Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mozart

You added Hotel Mozart to your Saves list
Hotel Mozart
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Marche aux Fromages 23 | Brussels, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #151 of 194 Hotels in Brussels
London, United Kingdom
“Dreadful Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Ok I'll kept it brief. I stayed here 2 nights ago. I've never used trip advisor before but this was so bad I had to look up what other people thought & I'm not alone. This is what I found when I stayed:
- Beds not made at check in & all hotel room doors ope for anyone to walk in.
- Could hear child in next room, looked closer, there was 2 inch gap in the 'wall' running down the window side. Basically 1 room with not even a full partition. Complained, staff said they were all like that & I should bang on wall telling 'child to shut up'. I said I paid for a private room not shared he came up with another room without hole in the wall.
- Beds not made up until 2 hours after check in. Stained bed sheets & covers, huge greasy patches, obviously previous guests sexual leakage.
- No sleep! Night clubs underneath. Thumping music & screaming until 6am outside my window. Had to ask guests in next room at 1am to stop shouting at each other from the hallway into their room through closed door.
- Cleaners were however lovely although couldn't speak english.
- Receptionist rude, unhelpful & bullying.
- Decor: I liked the kitsch look
- Location: Very central but too much of a party hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel. I went to the Crown Plaza after this which felt like a palace in com...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We only enjoy decoration of the hotel, Location was great as well. But rooms are very small and staff are dancing in their world. We made reservation because of location and decoration. Do not expect much..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

After reviewing all of the negative reviews, I decided to stay here anyway given the great location -- around the corner from Grand Place and 5 minutes from Centraal Train Station. Lots of restaurants and pubs on the street and around.

I had a triple room loft in the interior of the hotel. It was very roomy, clean on arrival with a good size washroom. The washroom was not modern by any means, but it worked for our needs. The bed on the main floor was a bit slanted, but the two in the loft were comfortable. The room was not fully cleaned each day, although the towels and washroom were. The room could get a bit steamy because you couldn't really open the window as it was facing the hallway. The room location was quiet enough.

I had no problem interacting with the front desk staff as I can speak French, maybe that's the difference? i agree they weren't outgoing and didn't go out of their way but polite enough for what I required. I have encountered much worse elsewhere.

I also agree that front rooms are likely to be very noisy because there are people out on the street at all hours.

The decor can be overwhelming and eclectic -- a Viennese riad for lack of a better description.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room on first floor to avoid the many stairs. There is a lift, but didn't see...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aberdeen, Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The interior of this hotel looks like there had been an explosion in a tile factory. Some folk may like it but it's not my cup of tea. I feel the price I paid for a single room for 4 nights was a bit on the dear side and I dont think I will be using it again.
The size of the room was very small for the price. As for the breakfast, it consisted of half a french bread stick and a croissant, butter/jam available & coffee. At least cheese or cold meat could have been provided. The staff on the front desk need a personality transplant, folks, at least try to lighten up and smile.

Sorry, I cannot recommend this place to any friends

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Gainesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is the second time we've tried to stay here. First time was OK, even had one of the rooms pictured. We figured we could get over the fact that the front desk clerk was always drinking wine.
Second time the room was so abysmal we could not stay -- smaller than small, hot, poor ventilation since no screens on the windows and the pigeons wanted to come in, the provided fan cord would not reach the outlet and the front desk (only employee on hand) could not get us an extension cord, "less than clean" toilet. We had booked for three nights, paid up front for one on our credit card. The clerk refused to give a refund of the first night's stay even though we did not stay -- and would not give us a receipt for that until we went to the POLICE station. Getting back to collect our first night's receipt, we left. Only upon getting our credit card statement did we learn the clerk HAD CHARGED US ANOTHER NIGHT'S STAY for our receipt, and then the next two nights were charged also. We had to get the (U.S.) state's attorney general to get a refund from the CC company because as Mozart stated we "had made a non-refundable reservation." We would never consider staying here unless this were the last remaining room in all of BELGIUM, not just Brussels, but all of Belgium!

Room Tip: See the room before you pay! Check for empty wine bottle at the front desk.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Swindon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My room was on the second floor at the front of the hotel overlooking a street full of bars and restaurants. Was woken at 5 am by a lot of shouting in the street which ended up going on for more than half an hour. This was a fight that had spilled out from the bar opposite which stays open all night. When I went down to reception to ask the hotel staff to do something, like call the police, the receptionist was fast asleep! I had stayed once before at the back of the hotel which was quiet. Unfortunately there is no guarantee you will get the quiet side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Europe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Just a very bad experience.
The staff was really rude and bad-mannered.
No elevator, only very old and steep stairs that would be really dangerous in case of fire.
The ridiculously minuscule room was dirty and really stinky.
Just 3 x 1, 6 meter "room" with a sort of small hole close to the roof that would serve as a window. Everything was in very poor state, TV not functioning, used sheets with large greasy stains and dirty marks. The heating system was not working and the "room" turned into a fridge in nigh time. The bathroom was amazing. A very old sink with a sort of shower in a very poor state. The floor was made of a sort of very old rotten plastic layer.
The breakfast was an incredible experience!! Jam served in big common pot where everybody put his spoon..

Room Tip: Don't go here! This is just a very dirty hotel!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Mozart? Share your experiences!