“A terrible experience in that hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels

You added Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels to your Saves list
Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place du Samedi 11 | Zaterdagplein, Brussels, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #130 of 195 Hotels in Brussels
Athens, Greece
“A terrible experience in that hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had o stay there last two weeks for 3 days in Brussels and my company booked there for my residence in the Belgian capital, Brussels. It was a terrible stay, the check in starts from 15:00 onward till 11:00 am where the check out is. This is the first time in my life I enter a hotel and the check in is at 03:00 pm and the check out must be before 11:00 am. I also experienced a small problem with the balconies, as there aren't any in the hotel rooms. Had to smoke outside the hotel. There was also the matter of the internet, Had to pay extra for that and each device is charged extra, e.g. I have my laptop and my smart phone, so I had to pay daily 5.00 euros for each device I use and I paid for the three days 30.00 euros extra. And there wasn't any mini-bar in the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

we stayed at astrid wif bookin of expat explore tour.. walkin distance to attractions in city center.. not muc food outlet nearby.. small room just enuf for d nite... wifi in lobby only.. breakfast was nice wif omelette and sausage..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night as could not get into our preferred hotel until the next day. The hotel is in a very good location especially at christmas time as it is very close to the Saint Catherines area where all the christmas markets etc are. We found the hotel to be pretty basic, which was pretty much what we expected for the money we paid. The lobby area is a bit dark and depressing, however, once we got off the lift we found the upper floors a lot brighter and we had a large corner room which was a lot more spacious than we expected. The decor was ok, although the bathroom had a hideous green sink, and the room was clean. It also had a very good large flat screen TV which was a bonus.
We had breakfast included in our room rate and the lady at breakfast was very nice. The breakfast was basic, however, was enough to set you up for the morning.
If you dont spend much time in your room and just use it for a base then this hotel is fine as its not too far from the Grand Place and the train station and the shopping area and its ok for the price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Livingston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

A great hotel, right in the city centre - a very short walk to St. Catherine or De Broukere metro stations. The rooms are a bit old fashioned, but well equipped with safe, air con, TV, hairdryer etc. There is a luggage room if you arrive early or depart late. They have a system where you must leave your key at reception when going out. It's handy not having to carry the key about with you, but at night there could be long queues to get your room key when you just want to get to bed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are level with a roof which people walk on - rooms on higher floors might b...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

An OK hotel for the price:
The good: Convenient location, free fast wi-fi in the lobby, good TV, good sized safe in the room, good high-pressure shower.
The bad: Tedious room locks, toiletries not replenished (if you provide these as complementary, please replenish), no kettle in the room, narrow, slightly smelly corridors.
The ugly: Nothing obvious.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard side are probably quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thessaloniki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've stayed there during my visit to Brussels for Open Days. The location is very close to city centre and to metro station. The area around is full of cafes and restaurant, so I believe that this hotel is a good base for someone who wants to discover Brussels.
The stuff is really helpful, rooms are not very spacious but they are clean and offer good sleep quality. The breakfast was fine. You can choose between croissant, breads, cheese, ham or eggs and sausages and a great variety of coffee. There is free wifi in the lobby but not in the rooms. Overall it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Try to have a room at the higher floors for better view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mathieu J, Responsable commercial at Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your nice recommendation! I thank you for having taken the time to write about your experiences at Astrid Hotel !

Hoping to welcome you soon.

Mathieu JACOB
Sales & Marketing Department.
Bratislava, Slovakia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

If you look at my other reviews, you can see that I try to highlight and really support hotels and people in hotel industry, but this time, I am sorry, I can not do that. In this hotel, everything is a problem from the first moment.
I have booked 5 rooms through travel agency. I have send one request prior our arrival, so no troubles are at the check-in. I have received a reply on my e-mail, when I was already accomodate in the hotel, little late...
Anyway, unfortunately people in this hotel are very unprofessional and even worse very unfriendly. For 5 prepaid rooms, I had to pay city tax (what is OK) at the time of check-in, but I can only receive the bill at the check-out, when I give back the keys, What??? I asked to receive a ONE bill for all the room, so I do not carry with me 5 different bill, NOT POSSIBLE!!! And suistanability and environment is the issue Nr. 1 at the moment.
Check-in was like 40 minutes, check-out even more.
The rooms are OK for Belgium standard. The only thing which was good, was Breakfast, but be prepare to pay for your room more than 200 eur and you have to pay extra Breakfast 12 eur, WHAT???
I am just really, really dissappointed and if you can, do not wish you this experience.
Accross the hotel is Restaurant Sainte-Catherine, I really reccomend this restaurant. You can see my review of this restaurant in detail, amazing experience, great owner, really tasty food :)

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not in the street, very loud.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels? Share your experiences!