“Europe 2012” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels

You added Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels to your Saves list
Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place du Samedi 11 | Zaterdagplein, Brussels, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #128 of 194 Hotels in Brussels
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Europe 2012”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

By far the worst hotel experienced on our month long trip around Europe. Would recommend anyone thinking of staying here to find somewhere else. From the moment we arrived, to be kept waiting by the man behind the counter who seemed preoccupied with entering data on his computer rather that attending to paying guests to been given incorrect information about how to get to the town centre. We would still be walking if we followed his directions. Thankfully the route was well signposted. The room was outdated, The Wifi available was exorbitantly expensive (Everywhere else on our trip was free) No Mini bar or Tea or coffee making facilities in the room. You had to go downstairs for this and the coffee machine was broken for the duration of our stay. The hair dryer in the room had the end missing thereby making it an electrical hazzard and the pillows were as thin as Twiggy and half as thick. Even getting two more from reception, note we had to go and get them, no room service available, hardly made one pillow. Overall avoid this hotel or stay at your peril

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had a conference here in May and stayed for three nights. Really not much positive to tell aside from the ok location. Bad staff, lousy breakfast, nasty rooms which look like from the early 90s, so not worth the money. With the hotel offering Brussels has, I would never come back here if I were to travel on my own account.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hanover, Niedersachsen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

General: Clean small room, average breakfast, reserved personal, additional costs for WiFi
Specific: Avoid rooms around the elevator as it is very noisy. I had 601 directly next to the engine of the elevator and my sleep was frequently disrupted (better 0:00-6:00). Tip: Move the bed to the opposite side of the room and have earplugs with you.

Room Tip: avoid small (<x03), middle and high room numbers as they are close to the elevators, 601/602 are...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Astrid is a relatively affordable (Brussels accommodation is quite expensive), clean and comfortable hotel. The location is excellent being in close proximity to the city centre and churches etc. A small quirk of the hotel is a requirement to leave your key each time you go out. This might be a bit disconcerting for some travellers but didn't cause us any problems. The room was small but comfortable and clean.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Perfect hotel with walking distance to everything that you need to see when visiting Brussels. The hotel is easy to reach from the airport. It is clean and there is no noise.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed for one night at this hotel in April 2012. The hotel was overall very good and we can't really complain. Paid just under £50 for one night. City tax has to be paid direct to the hotel when you are there.

The location was excellent - on a fairly quiet road and only a short walk away from the big square and a lot of the restaurants around there.

The room was a decent size but not huge, bed was comfy and bathroom fine with a good powerful shower and complimentary toiletries.

We also paid for parking there which is in a garage under the hotel, entrance at the side. Parking a little expensive 15 euros for one night, but I think this is quite standard to be fair.

Breakfast was not included in the price and again seemed a little expensive so we chose not to bother.

Helpful reception staff with excellent spoken English.

All in all a good hotel for the price we paid.

• Stayed March 2012
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The young man at the desk insisted I fill in personal details like place/date of birth and email address. I asked why; he insisted it was hotel policy. Now, I travel a lot, and never fill out such details. He made no effort to accommodate me. Having paid for a double room, I found myself in a tiny single. The spotty young man insisted that was all they had available. I asked for a refund, he refused. I asked for his name, he refused. I said I'd take his photo, he got very agitated. Finally he called management who told him to refund me, obviously. I then asked for the imprint of my credit card back, he refused. Again I pulled out my camera, again he called management, again they told him to do the obvious thing and give back my credit card details.

All in all a nasty experience that left me wondering, if I speak French, and know this city so well, how do visitors fare here?

Easily the worst hotel experience I've had in the last five years, and I spend something like 200 nights a year in hotels around the world.

Avoid this hotel like the plague; maybe empty rooms will teach them manners.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels? Share your experiences!