“Great location, small, but comfortable rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels

You added Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels to your Saves list
Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place du Samedi 11 | Zaterdagplein, Brussels, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #128 of 194 Hotels in Brussels
Brisbane
“Great location, small, but comfortable rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Astrid is a relatively affordable (Brussels accommodation is quite expensive), clean and comfortable hotel. The location is excellent being in close proximity to the city centre and churches etc. A small quirk of the hotel is a requirement to leave your key each time you go out. This might be a bit disconcerting for some travellers but didn't cause us any problems. The room was small but comfortable and clean.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Perfect hotel with walking distance to everything that you need to see when visiting Brussels. The hotel is easy to reach from the airport. It is clean and there is no noise.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed for one night at this hotel in April 2012. The hotel was overall very good and we can't really complain. Paid just under £50 for one night. City tax has to be paid direct to the hotel when you are there.

The location was excellent - on a fairly quiet road and only a short walk away from the big square and a lot of the restaurants around there.

The room was a decent size but not huge, bed was comfy and bathroom fine with a good powerful shower and complimentary toiletries.

We also paid for parking there which is in a garage under the hotel, entrance at the side. Parking a little expensive 15 euros for one night, but I think this is quite standard to be fair.

Breakfast was not included in the price and again seemed a little expensive so we chose not to bother.

Helpful reception staff with excellent spoken English.

All in all a good hotel for the price we paid.

• Stayed March 2012
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The young man at the desk insisted I fill in personal details like place/date of birth and email address. I asked why; he insisted it was hotel policy. Now, I travel a lot, and never fill out such details. He made no effort to accommodate me. Having paid for a double room, I found myself in a tiny single. The spotty young man insisted that was all they had available. I asked for a refund, he refused. I asked for his name, he refused. I said I'd take his photo, he got very agitated. Finally he called management who told him to refund me, obviously. I then asked for the imprint of my credit card back, he refused. Again I pulled out my camera, again he called management, again they told him to do the obvious thing and give back my credit card details.

All in all a nasty experience that left me wondering, if I speak French, and know this city so well, how do visitors fare here?

Easily the worst hotel experience I've had in the last five years, and I spend something like 200 nights a year in hotels around the world.

Avoid this hotel like the plague; maybe empty rooms will teach them manners.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have visited this hotel very recently!The worst thing about this hotel was the staff that was working there, especially an Italian girl who was in the reception. They were very rude and they didn't help you if you wanted to go somewhere. Also they didn't have a proper map of the center of the city and the internet/Wifi didn't work and you also have to pay 2.50 euros for 15 minutes although in their site they say it's free. Also they charge you daily tax around 10 euros, but when i made the booking in the price the tax was included.. the only good thing it's the location of the hotel.. But i would definitely not stay there again!!!!! and for the value of money that I gave it's not good at all!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Mathieu J, Responsable commercial at Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear traveler,

We would like to thank you for your comment on the Tripadvisor platfom.

First, we would like to inform you that we do our best to improve the training of our reception department.

FurtherMore we would like to inform you that we are doing the necessary to improve the quality of our wifi connexion.

We hope you enjoyed your stay in Brussels and we would be happy to welcome you again for your next visit to Brussels.

Best Regards,

Mathieu JACOB
Sales & Marketing Department
Braganca, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed at "Astrid Centre Hotel" only for on night and it was very nice (work meeting). I can suggest it for someone that doesn't want to spend much money and yet wants to stay in the city centre near the subways, restaurants, supermarket and of course the beautiful Grand Place (where also the chocolate and souvenir shops are open until late).
My room was very clean and tidy, warm and with confortable bed.
The only thing that I payed extra was the wifi internet (which works very nice even in the room), 5 € (1 hour) or 10€(1 day).
If you don't care so much about the design or how modern an hotel can be (but care about what you pay for and where you stay, I would definitely recommend it).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Gunsan, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

this hotel was in the middle of the city, which is why we got it. We drove to brussels so it was also convenient that there was parking 58, a garage right around the corner that charged 15E for 24 hour parking. I usually like hotels to have 2 things: #1 Breakfast included #2 Free wifi, or at least a computer in the lobby available...this hotel had neither. Breakfast cost 12E a person a day, and internet was 10E per day. the price was great for the location, 55E (off season)...there were posted prices of 250E which we were told was for busy season...the people working there seemed nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Astrid Centre Hotel Brussels? Share your experiences!