“Nice stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #145 of 194 Hotels in Brussels
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our room was so specious and clean with 2 floors .. Plenty of space makes us so comfortable while being a group..
Underground parking
Good service
Friendly and helpful staff..
Tram station just opposite the door..

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

How can this hotel be a 4-star? Rooms are and feel old, not to mention common areas. Wi-fi worked just for a minute and then broke down. Breakfast is quite poor.
The only good thing was that the personnel was kind and willing to help.
But come on, invest a bit in your facilities...

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Nuremberg, Bayern, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

We stayed here in February. Hotel is very well located. Close to mini markets and the tramway is literally in front of the hotel. However our room (we stayed in the old side) was huge.. On two floors and the heater wasn't working properly so it was ridiculously cold on the lower floor and very warm on the top. It is somewhat unsafe for small children as the rails aren't very secure. My kids are 3 and 6 and when they were chasing each other upstairs my heart would skip a beat. There are two bathrooms.. One full one just the toilet/powder room. We paid quite cheap and we only slept there.. The heater needs to be fixed. Oh and lastly the extra blankets we used... Reeked of cigarette smoke...i couldn't fall asleep.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

After a list of hotel options were sent to us by our agent we decided on this hotel because it clearly claimed to be few mins away from the city centre close to prominent tourist attractions and the main city square. Well that's a big big LIE, cause it's a good 40 mins by bus. It also claims to be a four star hotel which its is NOT by a mile. Doesn't deserve to be even a one star. The rooms are in desperate need of attention. Please check the photos I have uploaded. The carpets in the room are dirty, stained and threadbare. Paint is peeling off doors. The curtains are hanging off their hooks. And the room doesn't even have an air con or a fan for basic circulation. This so called four star hotel doesn't offer room service or even a la carte. The room doesn't even have a basic water kettle with coffee or tea sachets. The corridors in the hotels reek of stale cigarette smoke. DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

Ok the first thing you need to know is it isn't called hotel Brussels when you're looking for it! It's actually called The Hotel, this is easy to see as the hotel towers above everything else with the name on the side so easy to find once you know what it's called. That aside... It's walking distance to the centre, great restaurants on the doorstep one called The Trappiste, spa overlooks the city which just looks spectacular at night and the staff are extremely helpful. The rooms are modern spacious great views.

Room Tip: Floor 13 has a fantastic view
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2015

I can't believe this hotel actually got four stars. When I wanted to check in the staff barely spoke anything other than French. In my room half of the lamps weren't working so it was a dark cave. Then I noticed that one of the doors appeared to be kicked in. The bathroom was very dirty and the shower only seems to have two options: hot and outrageously hot. I had to wash myself using the sink which was dirty as well. I was lucky to have towels and an apparent clean bed. The TV I had to fix myself. The cable had disappeared behind the furniture. Also the curtains were barely hanging and I had to fix those if I wanted my privacy. The room was also steaming hot because all the radiators were turned fully open. The one thing I am happy about is the free wifi that seems to work properly.

All in all I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

When I arrived at the hotel I was first told they had nothing reserved under my name, which as you can imagine was worrying after travelling over from Ireland, then after ten minutes they apologised and found my details! We then got our room key and headed for the 7th floor, the lifts were covered completely with carpet, the whole building was extremely outdated. When we got into the room there was a horrible musty smell and the room was roasting, the radiators were on full blast for the majority of our stay and there was no way to switch them off! We couldn't even sleep with the windows open as the traffic on avenue Louise was constantly flowing and the hotel is situated just next to a fire station so sirens were sounding all the time. So we couldn't get a comfortable nights sleep because the room was so hot. To make things even worse the 'mini bar' in the room didn't work, we couldn't even have a drink, everything was luke warm, and the hotel itself didn't even have a vending machine or any bar that we could get a drink from! One of the sockets in the room was falling out of the wall which is extremely hazardous! I booked my trip to Belgium through a holiday agent and had been told this hotel was lovely, It wasn't even cheap! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone, I've stayed in hostels with better service. Its not a four star hotel, more like a two star. Disgusted.

• Stayed January 2015

Been to Hotel Brussels? Share your experiences!