“Clean hotel in great location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlas Hotel

Save Saved
You added Atlas Hotel to your Saves list
Atlas Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vieux Marche Aux Grains 30 - 34, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #53 of 194 hotels in Brussels
Toronto, Ontario
“Clean hotel in great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We found the Atlas very clean and comfortable. The kitchenette was an added bonus, although if your stay is short like ours you probably won't be eating in. It is very well situated to Grand Place, the Central Station and many cafes and bars, not to mention shopping. The only negative things - wifi reception was poor at the back of the hotel where we were, and the walls are a little thin. The breakfast that is included is also pretty good with a better variety than your average continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Book closer to the front and ground level to get better wifi reception.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We found the atlas very clean and comfortable. The kitchenette was an added bonus, although if your stay is short like ours you probably won't be eating in. It is very well situated to Grand Place, the Central Station and many cafes and bars, not to mention shopping. The only negative things - wifi reception was poor at the back of the hotel where we were, and the walls are a little thin. The breakfast that is included is also pretty good with a better variety than your average continental breakfast.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was a little unsure what to expect at the Atlas Hotel, since as I arrived the neighborhood had not yet been tidied up from the Friday evening festivities in the area. I arrived early and stopped by to ask if I could leave my bags. The friendly receptionist offered that I could simply check into the one room that was already available. In the US, early check in - much less at 9:30 AM - is rare, so it was a pleasant surprise. The room was nice, an adequate size, with a totally renovated bathroom, and great closet with both shelves and hanging space. There is a complimentary reception in the evenings with wine, beer and other beverages served next to the breakfast room, I great place to meet with my colleagues before dinner.

What makes this hotel outstanding is the staff. They are so helpful and friendly. I have to agree with DaveHero's review that it makes coming back at the end of the day like coming home. All of this, plus a great location, will make it my first choice should I return to Brussels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Sometimes when you get to a great hotel in a great area, a part of you says 'lets keep this one quiet.' When I got to know the Atlas Hotel, its staff and neighbourhood this was how I felt.
However as these days the hotel is nearly always full, or close to being so, I think that the secret of the Atlas can now safely be told. I first stayed there by accident but as I go to Brussels very often it has now become a home from home for me. The staff are friendly and a lot like a big family. When you go to reception you get great service from dedicated people and not the 'corporate-speak replies from a manual' that are so often the case with the big 'five star' hotels where staff seem to change every week. The self service breakfast is good, uncomplicated and included in the price, just don't put croissants in the toaster! Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: The rooms looking looking out on the street and more atmospheric but there is building work going on...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We arrived here a bit before check-in time and our room was not ready yet; it was about 10:30 a.m. The man at reception told us to leave our suitcases with them in storage and just go down to the breakfast room to have breakfast. We were not even paying for the room to have breakfast included that day! We were extremely pleasantly surprised. We had a nice, full breakfast and then our room was ready.
The hotel is so well situated; we could walk to all the sites we wanted to see, including the Grand Place. It is in just a lovely neighborhood.
The reception continued to be extremely helpful throughout our visit, giving us maps, directions, etc.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Franeker, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We spent 3 days in this hotel and were very happy with our stay. We loved the location and we were within walking distance to the city centre. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. For the price it is a good value.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Before arrival, I had to amend my booking and this was attended to promptly by the hotel staff thru emails. Check-in and check-out were a breeze, and taxi requests were attended to asap by Hotel's receptionist. The hotel's location is very good - I didn't realize this until the 2nd day,when we went out looking for a plug adapter and ended up in the Chocolate Alley and Grand palace area, and using a different route we realized we were very near to many tourist sites!

Hotel is known to taxi drivers so it was no problem to get taxis. Plenty of good restaurants around, and there are 2 supermarkets (One Asian grocery) open on Sunday. We were given a ground floor room that was clean and comfortable, and sheets changed daily.Some noise issues from the next door -either walls thin or the people next door just enjoyed shouting. Requests for extra tissue was attended to immediately. Breakfast is more than adequate or at par with most hotels of same category in Europe. In fact, most of the hotels in Europe charge an extra for breakfast and here they give it part of the room package. I specially like the coffee machine in the Breakfast Room but long line so better eat early or nearing 10am (breakfast closes 1030am which is another plus for me since I don't want to wake up early just to catch the breakfast sched).

Re adapter, I brought different types which worked well days before in different cities in Europe we came from but somehow I couldn't use ours so went to reception to borrow one to enable us to charge our mobile phones and cameras,etc. Man on duty very reluctantly lent me their "only one" but asked me to return the adapter at once. I decided to return the hotel's adapter after a few minutes and my daughter asked where in the area to buy one.Following day, ended up buying a Euro 14 for one, after not finding the store he recommended selling the adapter. Upon checkout, a different receptionist asked me about the adapter which was written down as "borrowed" but I said we returned it already citing the day,time and to whom. The hotel also could improve the coffee/tea plastic cups in the room.

Overall , Atlas hotel has very good location, very good rate (Euro 90 per night), clean, w free breakfast, free wifi (which is important to us) and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Atlas Hotel? Share your experiences!