“Bill for 44 Euros, tried to charge me 80 Euros. Do not eat here !!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le petit bedon

Improve this listing
Ranked #2,121 of 2,506 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian
London, United Kingdom
“Bill for 44 Euros, tried to charge me 80 Euros. Do not eat here !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife & I were enticed in by the friendly guy on the pavement outside, offering a free drink, & also by the fixed price menu. We sat next to an English couple who told us that the English group just before us had had a major argument about the bill. The "free" drinks arrived, & at first the service was ok, but got worse through the evening. The food was disappointing, while in the background a German couple were having a major argument about their bill. An American couple sat next to us & when my bill arrived (charging us for the free drinks & another aswell) I went around the back of the restaurant to get this corrected. I endured about a 30 minute "debate" on this (some of this chat was quite threatening) & when my wife came out to see what was happening the other couple were told that we had drunk a lot, a complete lie. I asked the staff to call the police & they lied about that too. As 3 of the 4 "foreign" couples were significantly overcharged, I have to assume that this is a normal part of their business model. My advice is to assume that other restaurants in this area also conduct themselves in the same manner, & I would suggest that tourists completely avoid this street when you are eating out. I also completely fail to understand how the authorities allow this practice to go on on this scale. Away from the centre, we did not hit these problems, & both O'Reillys bar & Houtsiplou were excellent, value & service.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

one night in Belgium so I wanted to try there Moules et frites. I pushed right round Bruges in the morning and did see the dish for €10 but was breakfast time and couldn't find it again at lunch! Mist other places were €17-€30 which I thought was too much. I was in my way to cafe Leon when i saw the dish including wine or beer for €12 I was driving so they offered
me water coke or orange juice for same price. Came in a massive pot with 2 bread rolls with it. Loveky meal and excellent service. I didn't get his name but a very friendly Israeli guy served me. Would definitly recommend

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madrid, Spain
“HORRIBLE!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

It´s been the worst experience in my life. It looked like a very cosy place until we saw the place full of cockroaches. Seriously, the whole place. Please DON´T GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great service, correct food, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

To fully understand the overall rating I'm giving this place, you have to be aware of the kind of area where it's located. It's basically the tourist trap quarter, the black hole of gastronomy, rip-off Belgium at its best. Just stop for a second in front of a restaurant, and an obnoxious waiter will rush out to pull you inside. Menus all look alike, and most restaurants make money selling water at outrageous prices, or even charging for "couvert" (tableware)... but not this one.
Service was great, very chatty waiter, had lots of fun with him, offered us a free beer (in addition to the first free one that was advertised outside).
Food was correct for that price. Starters were very simple, and desserts obviously not home made, but main were very honest. My partner had mussels, I had fish, it was all good, very fresh, nicely presented, fries were excellent, we were really full at the end.
Good atmosphere, was very warm thanks to a fire in the middle of the room, felt very cosy, nice typical decorations.
So to sum it up, a pretty good deal for the area!

• Visited October 2011