Last weekend we stayed at this hotel on the top floor. The biggest drawback was that our window was looking internally. We thought that it might be quieter, but the acoustics made all the talks from the reception and dining area multiply. The room was also extremely hot (and I like warm) due to the non-stop floor heating to the point when it was difficult to breath.
Unfortunately, when you try turning the temperature down, you get a cold blow straight into your face, as the bed is positioned just in front of the ventilation vent.
The room and the bathroom are on the smaller size. Our double bed was two single beds together, which is not terrible, but the beds were very hard and the pillows are small with synthetic filling and rather uncomfortable.
The breakfast room does not have windows either, the breakfast itself was the usual continental choice with hot option of scrambled eggs, bacon and mushrooms.
On the positive side, the hotel is next to the station, Annessens (convenient for Gare de Midi, Eurostar) and within a couple minutes’ walk to the old part of the town (Grad Place). The room was in need of renovation, but it was clean and had tea/coffee facilities.
Even though we spent most of the time outside of the hotel, for our next trip to Brussels, we won’t stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exe Hotel Grand Place Hotel in Brussels is set in a 19th century, neo-classical style building with a handsome façade. The exterior classicism is contrasted with the modern, minimalist interior decoration, where the universal lounge allows one to absorb the different ambiances of the Brussels hotel. Undoubtedly, our ensign is the central atrium lined in beige marble with a skylight letting in the light. Our guests immediately take a liking to this rest area where the fireplace, the bar and the comfortable armchairs transmit a universe of tranquillity in the very centre of Brussels.Brussels may indeed be a rainy city, with grey skies or even, too much of an administrative world. Maybe. But nobody can deny that the European capital has the most beautiful urban epicentre on the whole continent, because, without any doubt, the Grand Place irradiates such force over the city making one forget any other detail. La Grand Place is a gift that history and aesthetics offer our eyes. That is why it is worth seeking accommodation in its wake: be intelligent and treat yourself to the pleasure of enjoying the Grand Place and one of the most dynamic historical centres on the continent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Exe Grand Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Grand Place Brussels
- Eurostars Grand Place Hotel Brussels