“Decent business hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Exe Grand Place

You added Exe Grand Place to your Saves list
Exe Grand Place
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Anspach 159-163 | Brussels, Brussels 1000, Belgium   |
Ranked #111 of 194 Hotels in Brussels
Tel Aviv
“Decent business hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The Eurostarts Grand Place is the choice hotel for my colleagues in my company as we are very frequently in Brussels. This is the third hotel I have been in here and it is ranked as the middle of the three.

The hotel is well located near the grand place and close to the metro which is very convenient. The room was clean and tidy although on the small size. The room I got was one facing the inner foyer. I personally prefer having an outside facing window but given the circumstances (see next paragraph) it was acceptable.

I would like to positively note that when I arrived at the hotel at 6am I received my room very early (althgouh i was only booked for the next night). This was very good service as I needed to refresh after the flight and before my meetings.

The breakfast was good and had all basic continental elements you would expect. The service as mentioned was good. My room had a problem with the AC so it was very hot but I suppose that might be a personal thing.

It seems to me that next time I will try another hotel or go for the best option I had so far (look at my other reviews for comparison). But if I had to choose this hotel I wouldn't be bummed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an outward facing window
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
Bedford, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family I and stayed at this hotel for couple of days last week. Not a bad facility or location, but the service is non-existent and unfriendly. Asked the front dest about ice, the response was a more or less shrug of the shoulders. I was told they didn't have any, and no further explanation of where to get any. I would not have minded paying as ice may not be a regular request in some european countries. No, nothing.... Also, to get into the hotel you must buzzed in, the door is locked. Good security feature, I guess...there is a person (robot) at the front desk 24/7, again you may say "hello", Bon Jour", "Guten Tag", "Buenas Dias" or any greeting that comes to mind at the time--95% of the time you are not going to get a response ! Peeked over the shoulder of one young lady at the desk and saw the culprit---Facebook .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This hotel is in a very good position, close to the Grand Place & Bourse, and good value for money. Our room was a reasonable size, comfortable, clean with modern furnishings and double glazing. Coffee making facilities and a mini-bar were included, plus the free wi fi in the room was useful. Although the bathroom was clean and fully tiled, there was a chip in the bath and one of the tiles over the bath had not been fitted correctly. The lounge and non-existent bar were below expectation, so overall it seemed more like a 3 star hotel rather than a 4 star.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Sittingbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We booked this hotel as part of a Eurostar deal to visit the christmas markets. When we first arrived we were given room 304 which had a window that opened up into the lobby area. This meant that there was no fresh air and was very hot due to the fact the air conditioning doesn't work. Luckily we complained and got moved to a much larger room with an external window which we could open to cool the room down (This was in november!).

However the location was ideal and the rooms were kept clean.

Room Tip: Avoid staying in one of the "internal" rooms with no outside windows (304). The aircon doe...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at the Eurostars Grand Place hotel for the weekend in April following a business trip in Brussels and have to admit that I was massively unimpressed.

Pros:
* The hotel was nice and clean, the main foyer looks impressive and the marble flooring is a nice touch
* The hotel room was clean and the bathroom was spacious with nice facilities
* Location wise you can't go wrong, it is only two minutes walking distance from Grand Place and easily accessible from Bruxelle Midi and Central train stations.
* The staff were friendly and capable.

Cons:
* The rooms were incredibly uncomfortable. The bed was so hard it gave me backache for the two nights I slept there.
* Unfortunately the rooms pretty much all back onto one another or the main foyer so all noise penetrates through the walls. This is not great if you have noisy neighbours and forget about sleeping past 8am when breakfast starts.
* The price I was quoted was not the price I ended up paying as the hotel forget to tell me about the tax involved.
* Upon arrival, although I specifically booked for breakfast in the price, I was told it was not included and that it would cost another 13 Euros to eat at the hotel in the morning.

Summary:
All in all I don't regret staying here but to say it is a 4**** hotel is a bit of a stretch. The price I paid (80 Euros per night) was reasonable but the original price of 350 Euro per night would have left me feeling somewhat violated.

When I next stay in Brussels I would find a hotel in St Gery or Catherine to sample a better atmosphere. The surrounding area of Bvd Anspach is not somewhere I would want to take children after dark.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Trust me. I was mislead by the comments. I came here late at night, only wanting to sleep for a couple of hours.

There is no double glazing and there is a warehouse in front. From 5am there was cars going in. The toilet and sink are in two different rooms. The road makes so much noise as the cars pass.

I went to talk to the manager about the reviews and the noise. He simply said you don't expect me to put that on the website. He said there was a 'little' noise.

I will repeat do not stay here.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

The Eurostars Grand Place hotel is a few minutes' walk from the Bourse and De Brouckère metro stops. On check-in I was given the password to access the hotel wi-fi free of charge. The reception staff was efficient and very helpful with administrative matters. My room was quiet, clean and spacious and it had coffee-making facilities. The only flaw I must report is that it was a bit cold.
As others have reported, breakfast at the hotel is quite expensive (13 EUR!) so I bought a banana and a packet of biscuits at a grocery store near the hotel (1.65 EUR!) and benefitted from the coffee-machine in my room.
On the whole I was satisfied with my stay and I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Exe Grand Place? Share your experiences!