“nice hotel in good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Izan Avenue Louise

You added Izan Avenue Louise to your Saves list
Izan Avenue Louise
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Blanche 4 | Brussels, Brussels 1000, Belgium (Formerly Sercotel Izan Avenue Louise)   |
Ranked #103 of 194 Hotels in Brussels
Halifax, United Kingdom
“nice hotel in good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Arrived on the Eurostar and with directions i decided to walk to the hotel. Having never been to Brussels before i wasn't sure exactly where i was going, but in the end i found it without any problem.
On arrival i checked in without a problem and went to my room (451) which was spacious. I loved the bath, though when showering the screen didn't stop the floor from getting wet. The tv had the bbc channels plus others in english. The room was clean and comfortable. It was also very quiet in the room, i almost thought i was the only one in the hotel!
The location was great with plenty of restaraunts, cafes and shops. The tram stop was close by but i would recommend walking as their is plenty to marvel at.
I would recommend this hotel if the price is right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dunstable, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

After 3 hours driving around Brussels (GPS broke down!!)...and finding Europe's most unhelpful locals...we arrived at this hotel to find a nice hotel, friendly staff and lovely rooms which we promptly collapsed in! We were very pleased with the space, the decor, the beautiful bathroom and all the in room facilities...only issue is that the picture windows are sealed shut and, with the heating on full last and no controls..we were almost cooked by the morning. That said, we had no complaint as everyone was so helpful and polite. If you are driving here for the first time...make sure your gps works...otherwise it's a nightmare! NB..thanks to the wonderful Pakistani taxi driver who eventually helped us by letting us follow him to the hotel in our car...and would not take a Euro for his trouble! A true gent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Pros:
Average hotel
Average rooms

Cons:
A bit expensive
Has seen better days
20 minute walk to the anything interesting
No aircon but they did bring a fan up at my request
My room overlooked 2 nightclubs - very noisy at 3pm in the morning

Room Tip: NOT near the nightclubs
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
bucharest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Well, I couldn`t wait for my trip to Belgium and of course, I had seen the pictures of the hotel on the internet. I was absolutely relaxed.The thing is that not every time pictures show the reality. what happened was that we were given a very bad room. I saw there were big rooms, nicer. MY bad luck was that I was given a very small room- when I put my suitcase I was under the impression that the next minute we'll be suffocated. The room was on a wing that must have been built after the rest of the hotel. maybe they divided a big room into two- I don`t know but everything was very small- the room, the bathroom, it was almost impossible to use the toilet without knocking the receiver of the phone down. The big surprise was that I didn`t have a minibar or a fridge in the room and when I asked about it, the receptionist told me there was nothing they could do, there was not a fridge and this was it! There was no air conditioning and practicall the only way to reach the room was by elevator. There was no staircase, no stairs, which was rather unpleasant for my husband who is a bit claustrophobic. There was no balcony. All these being given I was very curious how this hotel was ranked four stars. Then I saw some other people's rooms in the opossite wing of the building, which were larger, with a very big window. The fiurniture in the room was old and didn`t look too well and the carpet looked like being dirty. The reception lounge was nice and I think the photos on the internet were taken there.Breakfast was good and tasty. I love Brussels but I don`t think I will stay at this hotel again, especially that the price was rather high for the accomodation I was given.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We loved the size on the room..nice and big. The location was great. About a 25 min walk to the Grand Place. The bathroom was nice but there was a little bit on mold in the shower. Maybe they should spray a little Tilex and they should fix it right up. Overall, it was a good stay and would consider staying again. The breakfast was ok. Good coffee and cappuccino..not too impressed with the breakfast food selection.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here with three friends over a weekend in late August. We had a double room (303) with a pull out bed and there was still loads of room! We were able to check in early and the room was very clean and tidy.The bathroom was lovely and clean with lots of little toiletries for your stay. We were able to check in early (approx 11am) when we arrived.

The lift is quite old and antiquated. There is no door on the inside but with some common sense I did not see an issue with it.

I do not agree with the review below at all. The hotel is just off Avenue Louise, a main shopping street in Brussels. The metro is a five minute walk away and we used this daily with a ten trip card, the stop is called Louise. Also just off Avenue Louise further down towards the metro there were three or four streets filled with restaurants, bars and cafes. The Vietnemese was amazing and I am posting a seperate review for this. There is also a corner shop opposite the hotel which is open late for any bits and pieces you may need.

I see no reason why this would not also be a great hotel for a business traveller as there was lots of space which can be used to work.

Overall a great value hotel which I cannot fault and I would definately visit again!

Room Tip: We had 303 and it was massive with huge patio windows
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

went for a city break with two friends we had booked a triple room and I was delighted with the room which was a fantastic size for all of us. It was clean and comfortable the bathroom was on the small side but beautifully done and shower was excellent. The hotel is in a more traditional style which was warm and welcoming. Staff were helpful and friendly. It was only a short walk >5mins from a metro station which gave to access to quick cheap travel across the city. All in all found it a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Izan Avenue Louise? Share your experiences!