“Okay hotel - nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sercotel Izan Avenue Louise

Save Saved
You added Sercotel Izan Avenue Louise to your Saves list
Sercotel Izan Avenue Louise
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Blanche 4 | Brussels, Brussels 1000, Belgium (Formerly Melia Avenue Louise Boutique Hotel)   |
Ranked #90 of 194 hotels in Brussels
Stockholm
“Okay hotel - nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Pros:
Average hotel
Average rooms

Cons:
A
bit expensive
Has seen better days
20 minute walk to the anything interesting
No aircon but they did bring a fan up at my request
My room overlooked 2 nightclubs - very noisy at 3pm in the morning

Room Tip: NOT near the nightclubs
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
bucharest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Well, I couldn`t wait for my trip to Belgium and of course, I had seen the pictures of the hotel on the internet. I was absolutely relaxed.The thing is that not every time pictures show the reality. what happened was that we were given a very bad room. I saw there were big rooms, nicer. MY bad luck was that I was given a very small room- when I put my suitcase I was under the impression that the next minute we'll be suffocated. The room was on a wing that must have been built after the rest of the hotel. maybe they divided a big room into two- I don`t know but everything was very small- the room, the bathroom, it was almost impossible to use the toilet without knocking the receiver of the phone down. The big surprise was that I didn`t have a minibar or a fridge in the room and when I asked about it, the receptionist told me there was nothing they could do, there was not a fridge and this was it! There was no air conditioning and practicall the only way to reach the room was by elevator. There was no staircase, no stairs, which was rather unpleasant for my husband who is a bit claustrophobic. There was no balcony. All these being given I was very curious how this hotel was ranked four stars. Then I saw some other people's rooms in the opossite wing of the building, which were larger, with a very big window. The fiurniture in the room was old and didn`t look too well and the carpet looked like being dirty. The reception lounge was nice and I think the photos on the internet were taken there.Breakfast was good and tasty. I love Brussels but I don`t think I will stay at this hotel again, especially that the price was rather high for the accomodation I was given.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We loved the size on the room..nice and big. The location was great. About a 25 min walk to the Grand Place. The bathroom was nice but there was a little bit on mold in the shower. Maybe they should spray a little Tilex and they should fix it right up. Overall, it was a good stay and would consider staying again. The breakfast was ok. Good coffee and cappuccino..not too impressed with the breakfast food selection.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here with three friends over a weekend in late August. We had a double room (303) with a pull out bed and there was still loads of room! We were able to check in early and the room was very clean and tidy.The bathroom was lovely and clean with lots of little toiletries for your stay. We were able to check in early (approx 11am) when we arrived.

The lift is quite old and antiquated. There is no door on the inside but with some common sense I did not see an issue with it.

I do not agree with the review below at all. The hotel is just off Avenue Louise, a main shopping street in Brussels. The metro is a five minute walk away and we used this daily with a ten trip card, the stop is called Louise. Also just off Avenue Louise further down towards the metro there were three or four streets filled with restaurants, bars and cafes. The Vietnemese was amazing and I am posting a seperate review for this. There is also a corner shop opposite the hotel which is open late for any bits and pieces you may need.

I see no reason why this would not also be a great hotel for a business traveller as there was lots of space which can be used to work.

Overall a great value hotel which I cannot fault and I would definately visit again!

Room Tip: We had 303 and it was massive with huge patio windows
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

went for a city break with two friends we had booked a triple room and I was delighted with the room which was a fantastic size for all of us. It was clean and comfortable the bathroom was on the small side but beautifully done and shower was excellent. The hotel is in a more traditional style which was warm and welcoming. Staff were helpful and friendly. It was only a short walk >5mins from a metro station which gave to access to quick cheap travel across the city. All in all found it a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night during a business meeting in Brussels. I had to book a hotel at short notice so all of the major business hotels were very expensive. So, I found this nice hotel in the city. The hotel is located on Av. Louise, which is a major district in Brussels. However, it is not easy to walk around to find a good restaurant or any touristic places. It is also not located very close to the metro station.However, you can reach anywhere in Brussels via taxi for a good price.

The hotel has a classic western style decoration. The rooms and furnitures are in good condition. The bathroom is small but has quality materials. There is free wifi in the lobby. The breakfast is not the very best and offering many choices, but tasty.

If you need to book a hotel in Brussels and your favorite hotels are all full, you could go for this hotel at a reasonable price. But don't expect too much.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Had a great stay at this hotel! Very easy check-in, had to wait a while for our room (i.e. 12pm) but as we arrived in the morning this was understandable, and a very early check-in availability in comparison to other hotels. The lift is small, would fit around 2 or 3 people, but is perfectly functional as it is a small hotel.
Room was excellent! Very spacious and clean. Beds were extremely comfortable and provided good linen and different blankets so we were never too warm or cold. Room had excellent cable TV service, with good range of English-speaking channels available. There was some noise from the street below during the night, but not terrible. The fan that was provided was very useful, on almost constantly while in the room.
The bathroom is a decent size, very clean. The only nuisance was that the shower door did not fully fit the bath, creating a gap for the water to leak out on the floor.
The breakfast was good, decent selection of bread and meat etc. but I feel that there should have been more fruit available.
The hotel is in a good location close to lots of shops and restaurants. The tourist areas, such as Grand-Place, are about a 30 min. walk from the hotel. Maps are available at reception.
By the way, the quality of the English of the Belgians is excellent and they are very helpful, so no need to be worried about the quality of your French!
Overall, excellent hotel with good location and good staff, would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The front rooms are slightly noisier, but appear to be significantly bigger.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sercotel Izan Avenue Louise? Share your experiences!