“Relaxing time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick Barsey Hotel Brussels

Save Saved
You added Warwick Barsey Hotel Brussels to your Saves list
Warwick Barsey Hotel Brussels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Louise 381-383, Brussels 1050, Belgium (Formerly Hyatt Regency)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #78 of 194 hotels in Brussels
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
“Relaxing time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have spent 2 nights at the hotel by business reasons. The first thing I met was the staff and I can say that they are really friendly and very helpful. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. I could find wifi to do my work. Breakfast is really good, there is a great variety of selection.The hotel itself is intersting, it has a special feeling (might be a little dark, but I liked it).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WarwickBarsey, Directeur général at Warwick Barsey Hotel Brussels, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear IldikoTakacs,

Many thanks for your kind comments and sharing your experience on tripadvisor. The ambiance of the Hotel is very unique as decorated by the French designer, Jacques Garcia and we are happy to learn you enjoyed it. We appreciate your feedback and your nice comment about our rooms and helpful staff and we hope welcoming you back soonest.

Best regards,

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have a been a regular client to this establishment, both hotel and restaurant. I recently organized a business lunch in the main restaurant, which offers rather poor, amateurishly prepared cuisine, very poor service, but is nonetheless in a nice setting, and is convenient for me to entertain guests.
But this time it all went down the drain. After passable first courses, came two plates of inedible pasta, dry, cold, with sticky cheese. It was solid. Indeed a first mouthful confirmed the awfulness of this dish, which should not even be offered. Any modest cafe can make a good dish of penne pasta, not this third rate chef though.
So we told the (rather rude) waitress that those dishes were unacceptable, and returned them, ordering another dish instead, a steak tartar they call 'americain', which was passible, not very nice, but just ok.
To my amazement, when I called for the bill, they charged me for the pasta dishes we did not eat; an extra 40 euros!! For an inedible dish, uneaten! I called the manager who was uninterested, and I must add, totally incompetent and unprofessional in the way she delt with the matter. With a few drinks, wine and coffee, my bill for 3 people came to over 270 euros, and they could not even write off two pasta dishes we could not eat. So I paid, but out of principle, I am taking this matter to American Express's legal department, who is looking into it.

Whatever happens though, the Barsey restaurant shall always get a very negative publicity from me to whoever asks , before they change their restaurant team. I know my table companions will do just the same.
They have made a costly mistake with their incompetent chef, and outrageous restaurant management. Disgraceful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WarwickBarsey, Directeur général at Warwick Barsey Hotel Brussels, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear TravellingKoalas,

I thank you for sharing your experience in relation to your recent lunch at the Barsey Restaurant. It is only through such specific and valuable detailed comments that we are able to review our operation objectively. Nevertheless, allow me to share with you that your disappointing experience is unusual and appear to be an isolated situation.

Needless to say that I regret this accolade of dissatisfaction concerning the dishes served to you and your guest and the way we have responded when bringing your appreciation to our attention. In order to address your complain in the most appropriate way and restore your faith, I would very much like to meet with you or establish a direct personal contact at your best convenience by making you known via info.warwickbarsey@warwickhotels.com.

It is with my repeated apologies that I would like to show you that we can do much better and in the meantime I am looking forward to meeting with you.

Yours Sincerely,

Louis Vanheusden

Regional General Manager - Brussels
Newcastle, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days in October 2012. The hotel is in a good location for transport to the centre and has the advantage of a garden area at the back of the hotel. The rooms are spacious, breakfast is exceptional and staff are always ready to help. The only downside for me was the very dark and small lifts, which as a claustrophobe was a negative. I would stay here again as I love the aspic of being on Avenue Louise with access to lovely shops.

Room Tip: Rooms above the third floor are nicer and rooms at the back are quieter.
Dear Shazmar,

I thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

While I am pleased to read you had an overall satisfactory experience, I have taken good note of your comments for improvements regarding the two elevators.

We truly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the near future and assuring you of our best care and attention at all times.

Yours Sincerely,

UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I spent two nights in this hotel and was not impressed. My colleague had a booking made by our company for the same hotel and when she turned up they could not honour it. Admittedly, they did offer to transfer her to another hotel but as we had to work together we shared the room. The room itself faced the street so it was noisy. The room was a decent size but very stuffy. Opening the window was not an option due to street noise (Avenue Louise is a main road so lots of traffic). The room was ensuite but the toilet was separate to the bath/shower room. The toilet room had no ventilation of any kind, so got quite smelly, and there was no washbasin with the toilet so you had to go in to the shower room to wash your hands. The decor was not to my personal taste, it is very gothic and slightly on the shabby side.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Don't be put off by the low ceilings, and the dark, Agatha Christie-like atmosphere of the lobby. Lots of plush and chintz and little light, it seems more like an old lady's parlor than a modern hotel lobby. It feels like somebody might get murdered before supper...

But once you get over that, the place has a lot going for it.

My room was spacious, and very quiet. Internet ran like a champ (I live in Africa, so perhaps my perception is a bit biased). Staff were helpful and good natured. There are a number of very good restaurants nearby - Le Canterbury, and La Porte des Indes. I did not eat in the hotel. There is also a Carrefour Express just down the street where you can buy the necessaries for a decent breakfast for 5 euros. Coffee in the lounge downstairs is quite good.

It was centrally located for my business activities in Brussels, and I was able to walk to all my meetings within 40 minutes or less. In Nairobi, we hardly ever walk anywhere, so this was a delight for me. There are parks, lakes, swans, greenspace everywhere you walk.

It seems a bit expensive for a bed to sleep in and a desk to work at for a few hours a day, but the calm, quiet atmosphere made my stay very pleasant.

I would go back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back, away from the Avenue Louise, are very quiet.
Foz do Iguacu, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I booked into the hotel with a group of friends as an ideal location to spend time in Brussels for my brothers birthday over a Friday and Saturday night.

Having driven to Brussels we were pleased to find we could park under the hotel in a secure car park (complimentary during our stay). The hotel reception staff were welcoming and very friendly, in fact over the three days we spent at the hotel I could not fault the staff at all. Nothing was too small a request, I forgot my razor and I was promptly provided with a shaving kit.

The hotel is a nice established hotel, some may say it is a little dated but to me it added to the charm of the hotel. Everything was in working order and well maintained, my room was a street view and the "double glazing" (two sets of doors to the small balcony) was very effective in cutting down any street noise.

My room had two single beds, TV and Mini Bar and a couple of chairs and table. The bathroom was a bath/shower with sink, a separate room was for the WC. Plenty of soap / shampoo / toilet roll was supplied and the room and bathroom was clean.

The hotel is designed so you only really get about 4 rooms in each section which makes it very quiet and this was a great hotel to wake up in with a hangover. There were two lifts (both working) and the option of the stairwell for the fitter people.

The location of the hotel is very good, you are close to a range of amenities, bars in Chatelain. Taxi's to the Grand Plage cost about 13 euro's. Most taxi's knew about the hotel so no problem there.

Breakfast was good with a great selection of fresh fruit / cereals / cooked breakfast and the coffee was excellent. I didn't eat for an evening meal but did snack on a very nice club sandwich.

Price / service / location / staff were all good.

Room Tip: It might be better to take a room away from the road if you are on low floors. I was on the 5th floo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
WarwickBarsey, Directeur général at Warwick Barsey Hotel Brussels, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear EvoqueUK,,
First of all I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor travellers.

I was particularly pleased to read your comments about our personnel, which, you may rest assured, I will forward with a great pleasure to our team members.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at the Warwick Barsey Hotel – Brussels!
Best regards

Hotel Manager
voorschoten,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We booked a great bargain this weekend. Summer in Brussels gives great discounts for 4 and 5 star hotels. Warwick Barsey Hotel is located at the Louisa avenue and has a buss stop close to the hotel. So location wise a good deal. Hotel is funished and decorated in an old englisch style. So lots of brown, carpets, gold and warm red. Room (11 floor) was spacious, clean and a nice view. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was oke with funny detail : a small old fashioned room lamp. Never seen that before. Breakfast was super for only 10 euro's. Tasty bread, cold cuts, cheese, fresh fruits etc. When the temperature is nice (we had lots of rain) the hotel offers an beautiful terrace to have your breakfast. Would have been lovely. Conclusion: good hotel and great deal. Would return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AnjaVoorschoten,

I would like to thank you for this nice comment about the Warwick Barsey Hotel - Brussels and I’m pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The hotel has been carefully decorated by the famous French designer Jacques Garcia and I am very pleased that you like it’s decor and location.
I look forward in welcoming you again in Brussels, Capital of Europe.

Kind regards

Hotel Manager

Been to Warwick Barsey Hotel Brussels? Share your experiences!